March 28, 2024, 06:00:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Bloody CORONA VIRUS?  (Read 22172 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2020, 09:33:07 AM »

It's amazing how far this thing has spread, & so quickly.
It's impacted absolutely everybody.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Archie

« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2020, 08:29:19 PM »

We are mental at work still. When I left today there were still 200 orders on the board to be picked and shipped.

Feeling very lucky at the moment to be working somewhere that is making money. Some of the calls from customers are getting a bit weird though - one guy phoned up asking if we were open, which, yes we are I have answered the phone. He then got a complete cob on that he couldn’t come in to order something as we are on lockdown (no customers allowed in) and he should be too. So he then proceeded to question why we were open and told me we aren’t essential, which is a weird thing to say to someone you want to buy from?

It’s only been half a week and people are losing their minds!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2020, 10:36:15 PM »

Smiley
I have to drive to Aldershot tomorrow to pick up a hub for my Pop from an engineering firm. I wondered about the whole staying at home thing, but realised if I don't retrieve it now, they might get shut down & I could be waiting months for it.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2020, 03:46:47 PM »

Sorry, but it made me laugh Smiley

JayJay

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2020, 09:59:22 PM »

I heard that as soon as Charles found out, he jumped in his chauffeur driven car to visit the Queen while he was still infectious. Camilla was driving.  Grin

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
JayJay

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2020, 10:17:15 PM »

Okay, I said Thursday was going to be a lockdown. I reckon they made it earlier because, as Andy mentioned, the exponential impact this virus is having is just unbelievable. Three days can see a lot of infections.

Hope some of you stood on your doorsteps and applauding the NHS at 8pm tonight. I was the only one in my cul de sac. I cheated a bit. I loaded up a soundtrack of cheering and clapping and upped the volume to 11 via my Bluetooth speaker. It was great to hear others from around the way. I know it's only a gesture but perhaps the fact that people did it, will get back to our NHS workers and they'll get a lift knowing they are appreciated, especially with all the s**t and let's face it, danger, they are dealing with.

There is a petition online at the moment asking the gvt to up medical staffs wages. I'll post that separately.

Andy, I didn't realise your landlady is still with you. She must be a tough old lady. What a great age. My Mum's 88, it would be great to have her here for another 6 years. Mind you having COPD through bad asthma all her life (she's never smoked), if this virus gets her she won't stand much of a chance.

Stay safe everyone.  Kiss

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Tony oily bike

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2020, 10:49:52 AM »

Okay, I said Thursday was going to be a lockdown. I reckon they made it earlier because, as Andy mentioned, the exponential impact this virus is having is just unbelievable. Three days can see a lot of infections.

Hope some of you stood on your doorsteps and applauding the NHS at 8pm tonight. I was the only one in my cul de sac. I cheated a bit. I loaded up a soundtrack of cheering and clapping and upped the volume to 11 via my Bluetooth speaker. It was great to hear others from around the way. I know it's only a gesture but perhaps the fact that people did it, will get back to our NHS workers and they'll get a lift knowing they are appreciated, especially with all the s**t and let's face it, danger, they are dealing with.

There is a petition online at the moment asking the gvt to up medical staffs wages. I'll post that separately.

Andy, I didn't realise your landlady is still with you. She must be a tough old lady. What a great age. My Mum's 88, it would be great to have her here for another 6 years. Mind you having COPD through bad asthma all her life (she's never smoked), if this virus gets her she won't stand much of a chance.

Stay safe everyone.  Kiss

The applause was impressive to hear...………...

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2020, 10:09:29 PM »

Yes, everyone applauded in my road & others I know in Basingstoke have said their areas did too. I was in bed, having an early night Smiley
I'm not politically minded at all, but after years of successive governments shutting down chunks of the NHS, I hope the message got back to them that it's an essential service that could be called on for emergencies like this at any time.
Didn't MPs recently applaud themselves for successfully blocking a pay rise for NHS staff?

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2020, 09:08:24 PM »

Everybody alright?

Olds

« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2020, 09:04:46 AM »

Yep. Keeping busy.
Hoping everyone else is safe and well.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2020, 09:41:24 AM »

Smiley I'm bored, bored, bored.
Maybe it's time to write that escapist fiction I've always fancied having a go at. Or maybe finally try out my new roller skates Smiley
Apparently we had a flurry of snow on the other side of Basingstoke this morning.
I'll take a walk to my garage later -a 20 minute walk from home, mainly to get some exercise, but I'll potter for an hour or two while I'm there, then walk home again, (safer for my old landlady than staying home all day I think).

Tony oily bike

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2020, 10:12:07 AM »

From The Doctors Association UK – The voice of frontline doctors.
https://www.dauk.org/

Some posts from the past few days up to 30 March (day this MMM post was posted) This is what our front line NHS & carers are dealing with. Spare them all a thought.
Concerns relating to PPE appears to very conspicuous................

https://www.dauk.org/news/lbcsamanthabattrawdenppe

https://www.dauk.org/news/dailymirrorppe

https://www.dauk.org/news/ppeincarehomestelegraph

https://www.dauk.org/news/borisjohnsontestspositivecovid

https://www.dauk.org/news/ppetelegraph

https://www.dauk.org/news/ppeandscrubsshortagecnn

https://www.dauk.org/news/lackofppe

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

Tony oily bike

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2020, 10:18:26 AM »

Smiley I'm bored, bored, bored.
Maybe it's time to write that escapist fiction I've always fancied having a go at. Or maybe finally try out my new roller skates Smiley
Apparently we had a flurry of snow on the other side of Basingstoke this morning.
I'll take a walk to my garage later -a 20 minute walk from home, mainly to get some exercise, but I'll potter for an hour or two while I'm there, then walk home again, (safer for my old landlady than staying home all day I think).

With your history of falling over and the related potential health consequences ! ! ! ? ? ?  Wink

Olds

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2020, 01:39:13 PM »

"Or maybe finally try out my new roller skates"
Suggest you lock those skates away Andy. The NHS has enough problems at the moment.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2020, 05:45:13 PM »

"In other news, a man in Hampshire had his rollerskates forcibly confiscated, for the good of the Nation". Sad
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 05:46:58 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: