April 19, 2024, 07:46:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Bloody CORONA VIRUS?  (Read 22392 times)
Tony oily bike

« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2020, 05:29:15 PM »

last part...….

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Tony oily bike

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2020, 05:35:26 PM »

Re the Hospital this Consultant works at.

Certain (poss all?) Covid 19 front-line staff have had their standard 12 hour shifts extended to 13hrs, and they're being required to shower before going home (1 shower for a team).

Update releases from this Foundation Trust
https://www.fhft.nhs.uk/news/

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

Tony oily bike

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2020, 01:55:48 PM »

This letter was co-ordinated by the Doctors’ Association UK who advocate for frontline doctors. As of Sunday 22nd March the letter had garnered 6300 signatures.

Sobering indeed...………..

https://www.dauk.org/news/sundaytimeslettertoborisjohnsonppe

JayJay

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2020, 04:11:24 PM »

Yes. I think we will go into total lockdown on Thursday with only key workers being allowed out of their homes. Same for petrol stations. Only fuel will go to key workers.

I think the stress on elderly lives being at risk has made other age groups complacent. Hopefully, now we are getting more news items about younger people ending up on ventilators, they will take this virus more seriously.

There is a call for people to show their appreciation for health workers on the 26th March at 8pm. See pic below. Personally I think all key workers would prefer we left food on the shelves in supermarkets, so when they eventually get there after long shifts, they can at least put together a reasonable shop. Still a nice gesture though.

Hope all on Manky and their families are well and stay well.

JJ  Kiss

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2020, 10:02:09 PM »

Well that's it then -Boris has just announced a total lock-down for "at least 3 weeks".
Essential workers only allowed to go to work, (I'm assuming that includes me as a Postman, although I think I'm phoning in sick tomorrow morning -I've had a persistent phlegmy cough for about a week & have now lost my voice, but no fever or aching muscles etc).
One person per car allowed to shop for food or medical supplies as infrequently as possible.
No social gathering at all.
It's going to be a l-o-n-g Summer.
Keep safe everybody. x

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
skippy

« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2020, 05:31:55 AM »

things are just as crazy over here in aus , states closing borders and if you do have to its 14 isolation and fill in a arrivals form with where you are staying . they are also talking about tracking mobile phones so they know if you leave before the 14 days  . super markets are just getting back to having most things on the shelf but toilet rolls  Huh worst case for us we are headed into winter  Tongue
Archie

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2020, 06:24:15 AM »

Yeah. It’s done nothing but rain and now lockdowns happening it’s gonna be a blessing heatwave.

Unsure if my work will close as we can’t work from home, so I guess I’ll be able to get out on the bike to and from work still
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2020, 08:01:28 AM »

Such a weird time. My 94 year old landlady lived through the 2nd World War & says it was nothing like this. There was rationing but at least you could still go out & go about your life.
I've just phoned in sick to work. I'm on holiday for 2 weeks after this week anyway, so won't be back at work until mid April.
I'm wondering if I can get away with still going to my garage as I drive straight there, see no-one while I'm there & drive straight back.

Tony oily bike

« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2020, 10:04:38 AM »

Document from the government entitled

"Guidance - Full guidance on staying at home and away from others - Published 23 March 2020"

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others/full-guidance-on-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others

Tony oily bike

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2020, 10:09:33 AM »

This letter was co-ordinated by the Doctors’ Association UK who advocate for frontline doctors. As of Sunday 22nd March the letter had garnered 6300 signatures.

Sobering indeed...………..

https://www.dauk.org/news/sundaytimeslettertoborisjohnsonppe

Have been told by a front-line NHS nurse working with Covid-19 patients, that they were advised "to do a will" !

Think on...………..

Tony oily bike

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2020, 10:27:23 AM »

For ref. List of key workers -

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-maintaining-educational-provision/guidance-for-schools-colleges-and-local-authorities-on-maintaining-educational-provision

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2020, 11:03:54 AM »

Just been listening to the World Health Organisation press briefing.
It took 67 days for the first 100,000 cases to appear.
11 days for the next 100,000.
4 for the next.

That's scary.

Archie

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2020, 02:32:36 PM »

The other halfs just mailed me and said police are stopping people on the way out of her work (peteresfield) who are heading home to portsmouth to check what they are doing - ie a day out at the beach

I reckon you would be ok andy - just say you are heading out to do your 1 hour of exercise
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2020, 08:05:32 PM »

Yeah, after spending the whole day indoors today, I definitely need to get out tomorrow, even if it is just for a walk. I'm no athlete, but usually walk around 10 miles a day at work. If I'm off for the next 3 weeks, (1 week sick, plus 2 annual holiday), I'm going to feel so stodgy I won't want to go back.

triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2020, 09:19:57 AM »

my work is commercial kitchen repairs. with all the restaurants and cafes getting shut down i've lost half my work.
fortunately (?) another guy in the same field is high risk of dying if he gets it so is sending all his work to me. so im "OK" for now financially.
doing a lot of hand washing and not sharing my pen

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: