March 28, 2024, 06:40:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Bloody CORONA VIRUS?  (Read 22173 times)
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« on: March 15, 2020, 07:07:29 PM »

Here in Spain we're in lockdown mode,  meant to be starting Monday but we got stopped by the police on the way to our place ( still busy renovating and not moved in 😥) told us that only one person was allowed to leave  home for food/medicines/ fuel..no police on the way back to the rental house?  Have you seen the statistics for normal FLUE  deaths etc compared to Corona 🤬?
On a different note..any one have suggestions regarding the EARTH ROD  when using a solar system?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2020, 08:06:30 PM »

I keep saying the same about the corona/flu numbers. Does anyone, anywhere actually know a single person who's died? It seems a massively over the top, unprecedented reaction. Of course, Royal Mail have already threatened a couple of staff with disciplinary action if they stay home. To date, we're still working as normal, sorting & delivering stuff people have literally licked to every house in the country.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Archie

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2020, 09:03:14 PM »

It is annoying, we’ve just had to cancel our honeymoon / Texas mega trip due to the us going on lockdown.

Hopefully get the dosh back through insurance but the other half is a bit gutted over it
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2020, 09:30:37 PM »

Not surprised!
I'm wondering if I'll be able to travel to New York in June.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2020, 09:56:34 PM »

You never know, things may be a lot different by then.  Who knows what kind of different, but still...........

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Tony oily bike

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 11:28:32 AM »

BBC - "Coronavirus and ibuprofen: Separating fact from fiction"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/51929628

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Baychimp

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 08:13:25 PM »

I keep saying the same about the corona/flu numbers. Does anyone, anywhere actually know a single person who's died? It seems a massively over the top, unprecedented reaction. Of course, Royal Mail have already threatened a couple of staff with disciplinary action if they stay home. To date, we're still working as normal, sorting & delivering stuff people have literally licked to every house in the country.

Well you know Royal Mail,that was to be expected. Just go in with it and shut the whole office down. Senior management don't seem to have two brain cells to rub together.
Tony oily bike

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2020, 09:50:39 AM »

I'm thinking of the NHS staff, and others in the care community...……...

BBC article - "Coronavirus: NHS staff 'at risk' over lack of protective gear"

Sobering reading...…...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51950276
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 10:37:45 AM by Tony oily bike » Logged

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

Tony oily bike

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2020, 10:31:34 AM »

Heard "PPE" has an alternative meaning

PPE - PLEASE PROVIDE EQUIPEMENT
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 10:34:53 AM by Tony oily bike » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2020, 06:59:01 PM »

I'm not a conspiracy nut, (although I find conspiracy theories hugely entertaining), but England has 106 recorded deaths. Northern Ireland has just announced it's first.
One.
More people die from sock related injuries per year than that, (In 2003, 11,788 people were taken to hospital following accidents while putting on socks, tights or stockings).
The health experts tell us the virus is highly contagious, but also say almost everyone will recover completely, suffering no more than they would with a common cold. Some may contract the virus but suffer no symptoms at all.
So why the mass hysteria? Why are countries sealing their borders & imposing Draconian restrictions?
France has announced that citizens will be punished with fines if found outside their homes without a written permit.
Syria has brought in mobile phone spying laws, allowing them to monitor the movements of anyone deemed to have the virus & to send warning text messages to anyone they come into contact with.
Where are the photos of virus sufferers laying in hospital beds? Has anyone seen photos of a single virus funeral? Mourners in face masks? Surely that's just the sort of stuff the media are normally all over.
I am beginning to wonder if there's more to it than we're being told.

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2020, 08:12:00 AM »

Well I too have been hearing about many different theories regarding this virus, my daughter in law works as a nurse in Bournemouth hospital and as of yesterday they hadn't received one single diagnosis of it?  My opinion changes every day but it does seem like the government's are hiding something or are really scared of it and decided to react with these measures?
Just look how boris Johnson has been looking these past few days, shock and worn out?  I must say his two sidekicks seem to be candid as possible with their answers?  I see in the UK  every one is still taking every thing off the shelves at supermarkets?  That doesn't appear to be the same here in Spain and Italy?  I will attempt to get out for some provisions later?  Unfortunately the internet has been out of action for many due to the demand (apparently? )  so I am not sure if and when you get this post?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Olds

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2020, 09:26:00 AM »

Something strange is going on, but not a clue what.
News agencies always emphasise "underlying health issues". While this is understandable, the repeated use of that exact phrase suggests Gov. interference.
If it gets worse, not sure there will be many 'virus funerals'. More likely that the bodies will be taken direct to crematoria.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2020, 07:31:33 PM »

It just feels like we're being prepared for something much worse, but then I watch far too much science fiction -I'm waiting for the announcement that an asteroid is going to hit the Earth & wipe out half the population.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2020, 07:44:42 PM »

Aha!

https://www.ibtimes.com/nasa-spots-4-asteroids-headed-earth-weekend-2943375

Tony oily bike

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2020, 05:10:45 PM »

22 March - What a NHS Consultant Anaesthetist from Frimley in Surrey has said and his personal family sacrifice...………. see images

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: