May 15, 2024, 09:57:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 65
  Print  
Author Topic: RODS build........  (Read 255157 times)
Cabman77

« Reply #810 on: June 23, 2012, 08:26:31 PM »

Bike seat is best. Sit straddled not on or in  Grin Grin Grin Grin

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #811 on: June 23, 2012, 08:42:39 PM »

Don't give up Rod!
Bear in mind, you've built an entire vehicle from scratch, made it work & made it legal. That's a big achievement. This is just a bit of tweaking & fine tuning. Stick with it mate.
Folding arm rests. as used on GoldWings?
I've always run my rear tyres at 15psi -any more & the back end tends to be a bit skittery, but a heavier trike would cancel that out. Never tried a soft tail, but never had a problem with hardtails either. Never lost a passenger either -yet.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #812 on: June 23, 2012, 08:46:27 PM »

Removable, folding armrests.

Armrests 1

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #813 on: June 23, 2012, 08:47:28 PM »

Armrests 2
-with cup holders!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 08:49:02 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

one arm bandit

« Reply #814 on: June 23, 2012, 08:54:47 PM »

make a set of clip on handle bars for the back of your seat, ile gaurantee swmbo will make reving noise's in her helmet when she thinks you cant hear her Cheesy
that goldwing seat looks like a thing of great comfort Wink
ROD

« Reply #815 on: June 23, 2012, 09:45:43 PM »

Hunter,I see your point,but it was always the arms I didnt like,as it looks to high in that area,but sod it Im going for it now!
 Yeah,researched the goldwing seats,then went straight out to the workshop....just back in.got a sort of mock up of a goldwing seat with armrests. The Goldwing pics I saw were with fixed armrests.swmbo sat in it,she said she felt more at ease in it. Also found,by raising the footrests an inch or so it allows her feet to sit flat on them,and also going to add a 'footstop' to prevent her feet sliding forward to get grip,which means she wont be straining to keep her feet flat on the existing boards and in one place, it made her feel more stable. So tomorrows early start will see the tube bent up and tacked in to position. Im going to make a sort of exo skeleton,showing the tubes on the outside,with padding on all over f/glass panels on the inside face,and leathercloth covering the outside (back)of the panel,showing through the skeleton.
 I hope this problem and ideas to solve it help someone out when deciding on chassis shapes in the rear seat area.If I'd have thought about this,I would have designed summat in ,but thats just me! Grin
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 09:52:20 PM by ROD » Logged
spanners

« Reply #816 on: June 23, 2012, 09:53:48 PM »

SUPA-GLUE,,, on the seat of her pants should work if all else fails ,, Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
merv

« Reply #817 on: June 24, 2012, 07:23:59 AM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
nabsim

« Reply #818 on: June 24, 2012, 08:30:49 AM »

You any more on this Rod, I chopped up my reliant trike because I couldn't get the back end how I wanted it, was fine for pilot but not for pillion if they were only ever used to sitting in car seats. I am not suggesting you chop yours up, I am expecting absolution I can pinch as and when need Smiley

The word replacement on the iPad really winds me up at. Times, it doesn't help that I see what I think I have typed until later Sad I am not expecting absolution at all, I am expecting one of your usual great solutions that I can pinch. Then again I may have need of absolution at some point Smiley
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 02:34:19 PM by nabsim » Logged

triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #819 on: June 24, 2012, 12:50:57 PM »

velcro trousers?

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
Hagar

« Reply #820 on: June 24, 2012, 01:05:19 PM »

velcro trousers?

Just make sure the velcro is on the outside   .....  or the misses wont be able to take them off   .........   Grin

..  Hagar  ..   Grin

" When you have to kill a man , it costs nothing to be polite. "  .. Winston Churchill
hunter

« Reply #821 on: June 24, 2012, 02:51:12 PM »

Straitjacket Grin

I
Cabman77

« Reply #822 on: June 24, 2012, 03:23:28 PM »

Sink plunger up the a**e, works on two different levels in my mind ......... Grin Grin Grin Grin

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
ROD

« Reply #823 on: June 24, 2012, 05:04:12 PM »

OK wise guys..so today Ive built the frame and armrests(pics later).to me it looks s**te cos it spoils the line of the trike by having the armrests up high,but the height is correct for when you are sitting in the seat. It feels comfortable to me ,and I suppose it will blend in more once painted the same colour as rest of the frame,and then embellished with padding etc.
 Prior to all this,I did think about covering the seat with non slip type rubberised fabric,but that doesnt stop the feeling of vulnerability on corners etc.
 As I worked on it today,Ive made up my mind that this is the very last attempt at getting a seat that is fairly 'safe',if it doesnt make swmbo feel less vulnerable Im going to definitely sell it.Im not actually annoyed about that,but Im more annoyed that I wont have anything to tinker with,cos I wont build any more.
 Another answer to this dilemma(sp?) is to have a full bodied cockpit,ie Beach B'stard style. I looked into the building of a sort of c-cab style body,dead easy to do,but the chassis isnt long enough to make a body look right. I dont fancy having to stretch the chassis.
nabsim

« Reply #824 on: June 24, 2012, 05:51:13 PM »

Rod if what you are doing doesn't work out I am sure I have seen bodies like on VW trikes but for Reliants. It would be a massive change from what you have now (would be a shame as it looks really good) but it may do what you want and it would still be what you built yourself. I think it was those guys on eBay who also did the frames, we're they Coalville way

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 65
  Print  

Jump to: