March 28, 2024, 11:46:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 10% Ethanol - Federation of British Historic Vehicle Clubs survey closes 31 Aug  (Read 2421 times)
Tony oily bike

« on: August 29, 2018, 07:18:07 AM »

Survey closes 31 Aug

http://fbhvc.co.uk/legislation-and-fuels/surveys/

https://paulc1.typeform.com/to/Bt7HKS

Help the Federation respond to Government consultation on the introduction of increased levels of ethanol in petrol.

The Department of Transport has issued a consultation document on the subject of introducing higher levels of ethanol in petrol.

Many older vehicles are likely to suffer damage and possibly dangerous fuel leaks if the E10 grade of petrol is used without modification to their fuel systems.

For the purposes of this consultation the Government is focussing on vehicles more than 25 years old.

Whilst wishing to introduce the higher ethanol level E10 grade of fuel, the Government are guaranteeing a 'protection grade' of petrol at the E5 grade that is equivalent to the currently available 95 RON petrol.  However this guarantee will only last until 2020 when further consultation will take place.

It is likely that on the introduction of E10 at the 95 RON level, the currently available 'Super' grades with an octane level of 97 RON or higher, will cease to be available.

The Federation has designed a survey on petrol useage in older vehicles which will provide valuable evidence in the consultation response.

Please complete the survey and help the Federation preserve our right to use 'Yesterday's Vehicles on Tomorrow's Roads'.

The survey can be accessed by clicking this link:

FBHVC Ethanol Survey. https://paulc1.typeform.com/to/Bt7HKS

If you wish to read the consultation document it can be found by following this link Department for Transport consultation. https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/e10-petrol-consumer-protection-and-fuel-pump-labelling

The survey will close on 31 August 2018 in order to collate the results for the Federation's response to the consultation. A copy of the response will be made available on the Federation's website.

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
oldmetalhead82

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 10:15:10 AM »

Done.

A MANS GOT TO DO WHAT A MANS GOT TO DO,               AND I DID IT OVER THERE   ------>>>>>>>>
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2018, 05:27:39 PM »

Great -I'll just get my hotrod finished & won't be able to buy fuel for it Sad

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2018, 07:18:18 PM »

Done, also, bloody "green" lobbyists Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Beware the Ides of March, But!
minimutly

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 11:09:53 PM »

Hmmm, more trying to pressurise old cars off the road?
There will come a time we'll all have to go to our nearest aerodrome to buy avgas and dilute it down. I wonder how much it costs?
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2018, 07:39:33 AM »

Filled that in.. Cool

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Olds

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2018, 08:03:48 AM »

There will come a time we'll all have to go to our nearest aerodrome to buy avgas and dilute it down. I wonder how much it costs?
From what I remember AVGAS LL100/130 is actually about 96 octane (different way of measuring), but has a low flame speed, as it's designed to run in constant(ish) speed engines. Up to 3000/3500 RPM I think.
Used to be cheaper as there was a lot less tax on it.
Great -I'll just get my hotrod finished & won't be able to buy fuel for it Sad
Shouldn't be a problem for the pop. You'll only have to change all the rubber gaskets, seals and O rings every month. Wink

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2018, 08:33:46 AM »

Easy then.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
kapri

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2018, 05:28:32 PM »

LPG Smiley
terry t

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2018, 08:15:20 PM »

LPG Smiley
NO don't go down that road Kev. it will need another tank and where would if go!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: