April 19, 2024, 08:05:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Basingstoke Festival of Transport 2018  (Read 22290 times)
terry t

« Reply #90 on: April 30, 2018, 08:12:06 PM »

Phunkie -'57 MG Magnette
CopperSmith - Dutton
Manky - Ford Pop & XS650 motorcycle
Terry T - Gl1500 Trike + 4 Yanks
BG - with van and chairs etc
Twisted - a trike
Lunatic Senior - '28 model A Ford + possibly split screen camper

I have been asked if there are any passes going spare. 13 gone so far 2 left if no one wants them. Wink
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2018, 08:39:27 AM »

Phunkie -'57 MG Magnette
CopperSmith - Dutton
Manky - Ford Pop & XS650 motorcycle
Twisted - a trike
Lunatic Senior - '28 model A Ford + possibly split screen camper

No BG I'm afraid - just realised I've double-booked myself and I'll be in Somerset that day - so my ticket is going spare, I can post it on to someone if needed.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2018, 01:39:33 PM »

No Mankymobiles either. My truck isn't together enough to move at the moment & the bike's running but not MOT'd & might be in the local bike shop for some engine work by then.
Loony's Dad has an individual display pass, but is happy to park with us if needed. So that frees up another couple of passes.

Phunkie -'57 MG Magnette
CopperSmith - Dutton
Twisted - a trike

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2018, 01:51:19 PM »

So. I've gotta ask -is this the year we finally give it a miss? Go out on a high with last year's record attendance, rather than gradually dwindling down to just a couple of us?
Terry has a bunch of American car guys who'd like to come along, but they're not members of the Manky family &, no offence to them, but I'd rather they didn't display them under the MMMotors banner if it's not Us.
It's getting harder & harder to motivate people to take part in these things & we've been a bit quiet on the project front lately. Is there a last minute rush of entrants I don't know about, or should I send Terry the remaining passes & let his guys take our place?

Sid_Vicious

« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2018, 01:54:15 PM »

If I can get a new passport in time, I will try my best to come to Basingstoke this year with my old XL 600...

Nothing is impossible, It just take longer time to figure it out
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2018, 03:43:19 PM »

I think it's up to you Andy - if your vehicles aren't there it's not very MMM is it?   And maybe you'd like a break from having to host the stand, either to actually see round the rest of the show or maybe to do something completely different?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2018, 05:55:27 PM »

Give it a miss mate..concentrate on your projects..

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #97 on: May 02, 2018, 04:03:36 PM »

I'd still go along & support the show, but must admit, after 13 years of the website & our pitch there, it would be nice to go as a normal punter, with no responsibilities Smiley
Not necessarily the end for us at the Basingstoke show, but it does seem like we should take a break. Projects are a bit thin on the ground here this year &, speaking purely personally, I'd rather go out on last year's high, than gradually dwindle down to 2 or 3 of us sat in a gazebo Smiley
Would anyone seriously object? -if we're not doing it I need to get the vehicle passes sent off to Terry & have a quiet word with my mate who's one of the organisers, just to check they'd be O.K with us sub letting our pitch, (I suppose they wouldn't know -still vehicles in our place, there just wouldn't be a MMMotors banner).

terry t

« Reply #98 on: May 02, 2018, 09:03:47 PM »

Hopefully there will be at least 5 MMM there. so will still be a mmm show with guests but no banner
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #99 on: May 02, 2018, 09:47:01 PM »

Right, I've spoken to most on the list, but haven't heard from Craig or Steve, (Twisted & CopperSmith). Can you let me know your plans please guys.
Lunatic Senior already has a pass for the individual entrants in the other show field & Phunkie has one of our passes & is happy to park with Terry's crew.
Bobbi, can you post your pass to Terry please & I'll send him the remaining ones.
Looks like you're in charge of parking this year Tel! Smiley

twisted

« Reply #100 on: May 03, 2018, 06:10:47 AM »

unfortunatly it looks like i might not make it this year  Cry a slight set back in the trike build so not sure it will be ready in time. gutted.
please pass my ticket on andy so someone can use it.

a man with a fork in a world full of soup
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #101 on: May 03, 2018, 10:51:19 AM »

Bobbi, can you post your pass to Terry please & I'll send him the remaining ones.

Will do!

terry t

« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2018, 06:13:42 PM »

So far it looks like I have got 10 vehicles coming and Phunkie so will part fill the pitch. They can spread out a bit Grin.  Not sure if CopperSmith or Olds are still coming
There will be no gazebo or cakes
JayJay

« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2018, 06:26:25 PM »

No cakes! Well that's it then.  Cry

Sounds like a good turn out Terry even if the MMM banner isn't going up. Hopefully I'll be there. Everything crossed anyway. Let's hope the weather is good and the show is its usual success. Perhaps others might decide to come on the day.  Smiley

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
terry t

« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2018, 06:32:50 PM »

No cakes! Well that's it then.  Cry

Sounds like a good turn out Terry even if the MMM banner isn't going up. Hopefully I'll be there. Everything crossed anyway. Let's hope the weather is good and the show is its usual success. Perhaps others might decide to come on the day.  Smiley
You can always bring some cakes JJ xx. be nice to see you again
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: