April 23, 2024, 08:33:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Reliant Disc brake conversion  (Read 242397 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2009, 06:02:36 AM »

Nah, that's fine then B. Id've thought the flat base of the spacer would sit against the flatter face of the disc centre rather than the back of the wheel, but if it's stamped that way it must be right.
We'd love to see you on the run. MUST finish my own trike too!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
tbone

« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2009, 06:57:57 AM »

hmmmm, re read the stamp on the casing, as Mr M says, they usually go this way.

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
Dicky

No refund's

« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2009, 06:55:57 PM »

If its going to be your first rally, don't forget to tell them your a rally virgin at the gate.  They'll treat you really special.    Grin Grin Grin Wink Roll Eyes

So I said to God, "If this is it (life), you can keep it."
And God said, "Just be glad you got the heart by-passes in time.
I don,t normally give refunds".
brains

« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2009, 10:13:17 PM »

I afraid that I have been to many Rallies being quite old , Used to be one of the main organisers and Silly games Master of the Pissed Indian Rally in Kent , I am still a member of Renegade MCC being one of the founder members . Now I am a DJ of bike Rallies and other Parties , Weddings etc and hope to Party at many more yet,  so if you need a DJ with a Large PA for a Monkey Party or Show just let me know......and if I am not booked would love to do it.
I will double check the  instruction on the spacer and let you know when back in the workshop tomorrow.
Simple Simon

Champion Air Rider

« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2009, 10:25:03 PM »

Now that was a very nice little rally. I miss it much Cry

I will do it! I will do it! I will do it! I will do it! ........
well in a minute.. or... tomorrow..... OK maybe next week!
brains

« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2009, 10:36:00 PM »

Thanks for the Praise my members and I miss it too but not the hard work, the main Man who did the planning was Mad Dog of Kent it took a whole year and 50 or so members and lots of helpers to put on . It finished on a high, we could not make it any bigger or better and with the new regulations and Laws it was time to downsize. We now do the Redskins Rally on the Isle of Sheppey in August, which is a back to Basic Rally for approx 500 . ? will anyone be at the Bum in the mud ?
Simple Simon

Champion Air Rider

« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2009, 10:38:42 PM »

Post details in the event listing and if I can make it i'll be there Cool Wink

I will do it! I will do it! I will do it! I will do it! ........
well in a minute.. or... tomorrow..... OK maybe next week!
brains

« Reply #157 on: January 30, 2009, 07:53:16 PM »

regarding the wheel spacers on my trike and which way they face. I took  a snap of them and it says THIS SIDE TO WHEEL on the big flange side ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #158 on: January 30, 2009, 09:11:14 PM »

Fair enough.
My very first rally was on the Isle of Sheppey. The Pegasus Rally in 19 ...79ish. Rode there on my little CB200 Honda with 20 or so members of my old bike club, the Fox & Hounds MCC. We won the club turnout trophy, the tug of war trophy & one of our guys won the best bike trophy with his Kwacka cafe racer.
I'm back row, 4th from the left. Whatever happened to that young Monkey.

Hagar

« Reply #159 on: February 24, 2009, 07:41:36 PM »

Evening , a 'numpty' caliper question ..  I've just got round to fitting  the disc conversion on my axle ... got it all together and stood back to admire it    .. as you do  .. and thought to myself  'that calipers going to be a bit close to the axle mounting bracket'  looked at the other side and the gap was a bit bigger , so I thinks  .. ' bugger ' put it together wrong  , checked it all  and nope everything where it should be ... then I noticed the calipers are different  .. one is slightly longer than the other and the handbrake bracket is different and the bleed nipple is in a different position  ..... I never noticed when I gave them a wire brushing .. and the guy I took them too to wind the piston back in for me never said anything . As far as I know these came off the same motor ( a 91 G60 corrado ) they both had the small pipe with the bracket still stuck to them  , so now the 'numpty' question  ...  will it make any difference  ....  they both seem to fit ok  ...

cheers  ..  Hagar  .. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 12:18:29 AM by Hagar » Logged

" When you have to kill a man , it costs nothing to be polite. "  .. Winston Churchill
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #160 on: February 24, 2009, 07:47:06 PM »

That's odd mate. Presumably someone's replaced one on your donor car at some point then. As long as the caliper pistons are the same size & the pads cover the same area of the discs, they should brake at the same rate. Maybe just from a different year of manufacture or even just a different parts supplier.

Hagar

« Reply #161 on: February 25, 2009, 12:17:08 AM »

Evening , the carriers are the same .... the pads are the same (the original pads were still in them , straight swap for new ones ) and everything seems to work ok , I just cant believe I did'nt notice they were different , both sides lock ok when you push the the handbrake lever/bracket , the only thing I can think of is one side was replaced over the course of the original cars life .. I'll get the old girl back together and see whats she's like .....

cheers  ..  Hagar  ..
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 12:21:11 AM by Hagar » Logged

" When you have to kill a man , it costs nothing to be polite. "  .. Winston Churchill
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #162 on: February 25, 2009, 12:37:10 AM »

Looking forward to seeing piccies of it all.

Hagar

« Reply #163 on: February 25, 2009, 07:28:00 PM »

Evening , still got to clean 'em up but I need to get the old girl mobile so I can build a shed for her .....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/codpiece/rightend2.jpg
Reliant Disc brake conversion

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/codpiece/right2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/codpiece/leftend2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/codpiece/left2.jpg

Both calipers have  "38" stamped on them  ......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/codpiece/all2.jpg

And heres my  "Limited Edition"  Salvador Dali gazeebo , its the last gazeebo he designed before he went into rehab for his 'jaffa cake' addiction  .......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v113/codpiece/gaz2.jpg

cheers  ..  Hagar  ..

tbone

« Reply #164 on: February 25, 2009, 07:42:58 PM »

Different castings, but i`m reading the 38 thats stamped on both as the piston size, shove the wheels on and away you go,noone will know any different mate.
Now i do have a question though, is the bench holding the gazeebo up or is the gazeebo stopping the bench blowing away?  Grin

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: