April 26, 2024, 09:34:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Reliant Disc brake conversion  (Read 242867 times)
saddlebags

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2007, 08:05:49 PM »

Hi Ziggy i could make you any shape yokes you care to dream up,your trikes crying out for a nice set of slabs. Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2007, 12:53:11 PM »

Any chance of a write-up for the site Zigg?
SaddleBags, can you make pedal linking rods too?!  Grin

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Ziggy

« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2007, 06:47:07 PM »

Hi Ziggy i could make you any shape yokes you care to dream up,your trikes crying out for a nice set of slabs. Grin

Too right it's crying out for some Cry At the moment it's running with the original yokes which are the molded type, and they have horrible sticky outy bits, they are bloody awfull.

Is it possible for you to PM me your phone number so we can have a wee chat ? I'll be sat down in case of any shocks when ya tell me the price Shocked......... Grin

Any chance of a write-up for the site Zigg?

It'll be my pleasure Manky dude, as soon as it's finished I'll get it off to you, and I have to do one anyway, as hopefully it'll be in the Brit Chopper magazine too Shocked..... Cool Cool Cool

saddlebags

« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2007, 06:59:58 PM »

Will do Ziggy ,when you see the blood sweat and tears that go into making a set i practically give them away. Grin Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2007, 07:17:26 PM »

Hoping to pick mine up from the powder-coaters tomorrow morning. They've been fitted once but needed a little re-working, (my fault, not SB's), so had to be re-coated.

SWAMPIG

« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2008, 06:53:23 PM »

Look at these beauties!
The latest components to roll off the Saddlebags production line. After shaking his head at my fag packet diagram & recoiling in horror from my Christmas cracker micrometer, Saddly Bloke's come up with these gorgeous rear brake caliper mounting plates for the Reliant axle disc brake conversion. They're machined from 10mm thick aluminium & recessed to sit over the end of the axle tube. Very, very nice. Thanks mate. In true MMMotors fashion, 4 sets of these have been bartered for an axle for saddlebags' planned trike project.
Look out for a full sized CAD drawing of these on the site soon -the definitive measurments in the form of a downloadable drawing that can be printed out & used as a paper template for readers to produce their own copies.
This particular pair are destined for the guy who MOT'd my van, in payment for the test. 
are these wonderful articles for sale and how much ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2008, 07:24:30 PM »

Hiya,
here's the diagram SaddleBags did for us of the plates he made. He only produced 4 sets, all of which have now been used. Last time I spoke to him he had a 3 month waiting list for private work, let alone the stuff he's supposed to be making in work's time. I think it might be worth putting an order in with him for a few more sets though. Not sure of the cost as the last ones were bartered, not bought. I'll check.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 07:35:40 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

SWAMPIG

« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2008, 07:30:49 PM »

cheers MM Im in no great rush at the moment just getting the things i need together gonna start welding and building in the next couple of weeks but dont envisage the thing being ready before spring next year
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2008, 07:41:49 PM »

No problem. Lots of clever guys here with lots of info -all you got to do is ask.

SWAMPIG

« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2008, 09:46:43 PM »

It understanding the answers !! Smiley Smiley Wink
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2008, 10:04:31 PM »

Just pretend you understand it -that's what I do.  Wink

SWAMPIG

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2008, 08:47:51 AM »

Grin Grin Grin
SWAMPIG

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2008, 02:52:26 PM »

Had some done in stainless will post piccies when I get them
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2008, 03:04:58 PM »

Great. Stainless tends to be quite brittle, so make sure it's high tensile. Saying that though, most of the forces on the plates will be going sideways, trying to turn the plates around the disc, rather than across the thickness of the plate, so should be fine. Yup, piccies please.  Wink

Donut

« Reply #59 on: August 03, 2008, 10:12:37 PM »

If you do place an order I would def be interested thats a DEFINATELY INTERESTED - if the price is right , showing my North East Scottish grippyness now!

let us know a price when you can not in rush by any means

cheers

Donut
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: