April 24, 2024, 12:28:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: The Manky crew on tour.  (Read 13402 times)
wizzkitt

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2006, 10:22:49 PM »

Yep there will be no escape

I can see him now
Picture the scene
its Been pissing down all night,
and monkey attempts to get up and dressed in a dignified manner
he has his paddington bear pyjamas and fluffy slippers on.
he tries to stand but fall on the front of the tent, the zip bursts open and flat out into the mud he goes
Edward is equally plastered.
A loud scream is heard across the county.
 Grin Grin

Synchronise your flash guns and shutter settings now, Mr Yoda...  Grin

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2006, 10:36:15 PM »

Grin
Shepton's only an hour & a half's run from here, (except it's a Bank Holiday weekend so probably 3 1/2 hours), so I'll nip down both days & be home again in time for tea, but if it were further I'd book into a little B & B somewhere or a TravelInn. Can't understand why anyone would willingly sit in a muddy field all weekend when you can have a nice comfy bed, a hot shower & a big fried breakfast.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
wizzkitt

« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2006, 10:33:36 AM »

Can't understand why anyone would willingly sit in a muddy field all weekend when you can have a nice comfy bed, a hot shower & a big fried breakfast.

And you've got that at home??? Yoda, our accommodation worries for the Sarf West are over!!  Cheesy

yoda
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2006, 12:53:29 PM »

woo hooooooooo

http://www.bikerlifestyle.co.uk
a saveloy of the first order
A self propelling luggage cappacity system
Officially a lady of the night
owner of 'Yoda's magnificent emporium of snappingness'
and light bulb mogul of the Midlands
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2006, 12:19:36 AM »

Yodie's already visited Manky Mansions. His tent is probably bigger than my flat.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2006, 04:41:37 PM »

Grin
Shepton's only an hour & a half's run from here, (except it's a Bank Holiday weekend so probably 3 1/2 hours), so I'll nip down both days & be home again in time for tea, but if it were further I'd book into a little B & B somewhere or a TravelInn. Can't understand why anyone would willingly sit in a muddy field all weekend when you can have a nice comfy bed, a hot shower & a big fried breakfast.

Nothing stopping you having a nice comfy bed in a nice big tent, I have a very comfy bed when we travel with the big tent.
Hot showers and fried breakfast both available at Shepton.
Can't understand why anyone would want to stay at home when they've got the opportunity to go away for the weekend!

Tell you what, you turn in to work for me, and I'll go to the show!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2006, 07:59:34 AM »

I like my little home! Love doing shows but hate roughing it. Never pretended to be a ruffty tuffty biker. As committed to biking as anyone else & done my fair share of foul weather riding & laying comatose in fields full of sheep poo, but realised it's not compulsory!  Tongue

Speedmaster

« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2006, 05:47:11 PM »

Dont forget that infamous night on Dartmore when the cattle wandered between the tents while we were all comatose on booze and one of them left a wonderful surprise for you outside your tent.  HAR HAR HAR!!! But hang on a minute....was it really a cow Grin Grin Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2006, 06:07:56 PM »

Aah, the joys of camping! Yeah, it's left me mentally scarred for life. Was that the trip where we camped next to a graveyard & were woken in the night by the sounds of movement & heavy breathing outside the tents, only to discover in the light of day we'd camped in the middle of a herd of cows? Or the one when we asked the locals in the pub where we could camp & woke up the next morning in the middle of the village football pitch? Yes, I love camping.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2006, 09:42:18 PM »

The very first time I camped (apart from in my bivvy in the garden when I was a kid) was on Dartmoor in a big thunderstorm in a tent that turned out not to be waterproof!

If that didn't put me off, nothing will!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2006, 09:45:42 PM »

I've never owned a tent that was waterproof.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2006, 09:58:17 PM »

Why am I not surprised?

No wonder you don't camp!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2006, 10:01:06 PM »

I'm not waterproof either.

Plainy Janie

« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2006, 01:05:41 PM »

This Shepton Mallet thingy sounds like fun - not been before.  I'll mention it to Jacko, see if he fancies coming with me.

How much are the pokey sticks, to poke fun at the monkeys?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 01:11:46 PM by janie_postie » Logged

The Old Manor Cafe is now on Facebook.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: April 18, 2006, 01:39:24 PM »

I'm sure Wizzy will happily lend you her pointy stick Janie!
Bring lots of cake with you.
We're not going all corporate. Not a trade stand, just us & a bunch of half built trikes, but we thought it'd be a laugh. Lunatic will be there too with his Dad's VW trike, (see "Phsyco Triko" in the Motors bit), so he & Jacko will be able to compare notes. I reckon the show's a good afternoon's worth. About 80 or 90 miles from your place straight down the M3/A303. Plenty of outdoor trade stalls plus an autojumble, as well as the show halls. For the last couple of years the trikes have had a hall to themselves while custom & classic bikes are in the main hall. Bar & restaurant, live music etc.
Weekend camping too if you want it -I'm told some people actually enjoy that sort of thing.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: