April 23, 2024, 05:59:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: The Manky crew on tour.  (Read 13394 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 08:46:51 PM »

DS?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 09:16:16 PM »

DS?

Yeah, he lost me there as well !? DS?? Smiley Grin

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006, 09:32:40 PM »

A printer that'll do huge prints. Banner sized. Supposed to turn up within the next 10 days so if he sorts the software out in time we might have some sort of banner on the walll behind our little corner of the show. Any suggestions as to what should be on it?!!

Maybe something about "evolution", if you show trikes at various stages of construction, "monkey to man" ?? "mankey-monkey-motors to man-i-mankey-motors" Smiley dont ask me were that came from  Grin   

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2006, 01:55:40 AM »

Pity I won't be there, I'm working that weekend.

It's a show I've only been to a couple of times, wasn't impressed but that was during the 'no camping' years.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
yoda
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2006, 07:34:43 AM »

DS?
dave satan

http://www.bikerlifestyle.co.uk
a saveloy of the first order
A self propelling luggage cappacity system
Officially a lady of the night
owner of 'Yoda's magnificent emporium of snappingness'
and light bulb mogul of the Midlands
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2006, 08:17:43 PM »

Ahh, now I understand  Wink
Yeah, I really like the Monkey on the little van he sent me, but it's a bit late to change our logo now isn't it. Maybe if we were starting out now I'd have thought about pinching it. Mind you, I don't want to make my first million then get sued for every penny for breach of copyright. I don't know what sort of resolution this new printer the T shirt guy's ordered will need. I'll ask.
Would be happy with our normal logo if nothing else, but can post you the van if you fancy a go at creating something. Still fancy the evolution thing although it's not very original.

wizzkitt

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2006, 08:47:06 PM »

It's a show I've only been to a couple of times, wasn't impressed but that was during the 'no camping' years.

It used to be a great show, the one that everyone used to try and finish their new projects for - in fact, I believe it was the first big show I went to, more years ago than I care to remember, and when I had the most horrible Bonnie chop in the world. It was also somewhere which had an interesting music line-up, not big names then but it was the very first time I saw the splendid Gutter Brothers, and also the very first biker gig that Bad Manners played. But those days have gone.

I've always held the show in great affection, and it's been disheartening to see how the Sarf West has slipped away over the last few years, and the year they did away with camping sounded its death knell (primarily because they didn't advertise that there would be no camping - I found out about it by accident and put a bit in news, but I believe there were still a lot of folk who were turned away). Regardless of anyone's standing on clubs and the politics therein, it was a helluva better show when the HAMC ran it instead of the Bath & West Showground who currently organise it.

All shows go through a process of rise and fall, and only a few manage to actually turn that around and rise again (especially with more competition from a lot more events these days), and it gives me no pleasure to say that the Sarf West isn't one of those. With all respect to the Manky Travelling Show, the fact that it's able to get a very large indoor pitch this late on is an indication of that - ten years ago all trade and club space was taken months before the event.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2006, 10:00:37 AM »

True, true, true. I've said here myself it's not the show it once was, but we're just going along for a day out -well, several days out. We were there last year & we'll accept it for what it is now. I agree, the Angels did a better job of managing it -though I always felt their presence was a bit -heavy; menacing at times, but they did attract the top bikes of the day.
We'll just go down, park the trikes up, eat cakes & generally enjoy ourselves. 
Only saw the Gutter Brothers once. busking at Covent Garden & thought they were brilliant. Bought their albums but thought they never sounded the same recorded as they did live. Didn't they reform recently?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 10:03:37 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

wizzkitt

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2006, 04:36:57 PM »

They've reformed for a couple of gigs recently, and one in the quite near future but I'm damned if I can remember when! Splendid band. I found my incredibly ancient Gutter Brothers t-shirt when packing stuff yesterday and couldn't bring myself to throw it away.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2006, 09:04:59 PM »

I have a selection of old T shirts for sleeping in-my MMMotors shirt will one day attain Sleepy Shirt status. Oldest, tattiest & most prized is a green embroidered one from the "Old Trout" pub in Windsor. Now, sadly, a trendy wine bar, it was once a fabulously grotty pub & music venue. Saw many a great band in the back room there -none of which I can remember the names of. 

wizzkitt

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2006, 06:37:18 PM »

This Shepton Mallet jaunt doesn't mean that you will be doing the four-letter 'C' word does it, Manky?  Shocked

yoda
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2006, 06:45:43 PM »

That will be the day

wizzkitt

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2006, 07:29:28 PM »

And we'll both be there with cameras to record this momentous event... Grin

yoda
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2006, 07:36:58 PM »

Yep there will be no escape

I can see him now
Picture the scene
its Been pissing down all night,
and monkey attempts to get up and dressed in a dignified manner
he has his paddington bear pyjamas and fluffy slippers on.
he tries to stand but fall on the front of the tent, the zip bursts open and flat out into the mud he goes
Edward is equally plastered.
A loud scream is heard across the county.
 Grin Grin

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2006, 09:30:17 PM »

The four letter C word? Cute? I do that all the time.  Kiss
Edward expects nothing less than 4 star accomodation, but has got some rather natty rainwear.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: