April 29, 2024, 10:57:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Basingstoke Festival of Transport 2010  (Read 44077 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: December 17, 2009, 12:44:48 PM »

The date for the 2010 Basingstoke Council/Thorneycroft Society festival of transport is set for Sunday the 9th of May, from 11am to 5pm, at the War Memorial Park, just off junction 6 of the M3, Basingstoke, Hants.
http://www.basingstoke.gov.uk/leisure/events/thornycroft/
We pick this show for a bit of a forum get-together, for no other reason than I used to live in Basingstoke. It's quite an informal affair -just turn up, park your vehicle in the designated area & kick back & enjoy the day. Jointly organised by Basingstoke council & the Thorneycroft vehicle preservation society, it attracts about 800 vehicles & 18,000 visitors for the afternoon. We need to have our pitch application in by the start of April & will try & get a bigger area than last year's 40 by 80 foot pitch if we can so we can spread out a bit more. We average a couple of dozen vehicles of all descriptions. So we'll need a list of those who'd like to bring a vehicle along please. A bit early yet I know, but if you have something a bit different, 2, 3 or 4 wheeled, & fancy showing it off for the day, let us know. Entry to the show for both visitors & exhibitors is absolutely free. We've had a few unfinished projects on show before & they attract just as much interest as the finished ones -people are fascinated to see what goes on "behind the scenes" of a vehicle build. Obviously you need to arrange your own transport for whatever you bring along though.
For some reason we never got round to adding a write-up to the photos of last year's show, so here's the 2008 version to give you some idea of what's involved:
http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/Photos/bstoke11.05.08/bstoke08words.html   
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 12:46:24 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 12:52:56 PM »

Hope to be ther next year with the trike.

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 01:35:47 PM »

Great! See -knew you'd kept it for a reason!

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 03:41:02 PM »

I might make it this year but whether it'll be with a trike or just me I really don't know.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Clive

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 04:11:06 PM »

As discussed, I may be there with my own 'pitch' trying to drum up some business! If that doesn't come off then I may come on the Vespa, just to add some class to your stand!!!! Cheesy Cheesy

Clive

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
renegade53

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 07:04:46 PM »

hope to be there

tbone

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 09:09:20 AM »

Do you need public liability insurance to participate?

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 09:33:34 AM »

We don't but I'm sure the organisers will have it. We just turn up & make the place look untidy for the afternoon, then go home again.   Tongue

twolanes

PRO ET/571

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 01:35:53 PM »

2 spots please. 1 race car + 1 charger. This is a deffo NOT TO BE MISSED show.
renegade53

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 05:02:17 PM »

twolanes are yer gonna set 'em up as if they're on the start line, that would make for a good crowd puller

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 05:45:50 PM »

We've fired up the drag cars for the last couple of years, which is a real crowd pleaser. Last year though, we got politely asked not to do it again by the organisers, who were worried about health 'n' safety, public insurance, the wrath of their partners the local council etc. When we put in our entry again this year I'll ask very nicely if we can start the cars, but not really expecting them to say yes.
Every year we've done this show so far, I've ended up having to rent huge trailers to get all the unfinished projects there. I swore mine would all be road worthy this time, but, of course, they probably won't be. So if we can, we'll take Taz's unfinished Charger with us. Should be interesting to show a part built & finished one side by side.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 05:13:09 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

twolanes

PRO ET/571

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 10:08:18 PM »

we'll take Taz's unfinished Charger with us. Should be interesting to show a part built & finished one side by side.
the good,the bad & if i stand next to them .................the new car shouldn,t be as loud as the altered as it has a different exhaust system on it, still open though.We might have to rope it off though as the paint work is a lot better.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2009, 10:10:42 PM by twolanes » Logged
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 11:53:46 PM »

Cool! Hoping the "Black Pig Too" & "Tiki Munkey" drag cars will be joining us again too.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 05:15:51 PM »

Received the entry form for this in the post this morning -they're obviously a lot more organised than we are.
Entry forms have to be handed back in by the 1st of April, so have a think about it. If you think you can definitely join us for the day, let us know please.

renegade53

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 05:41:33 PM »

yep intend to be there.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16
  Print  

Jump to: