April 29, 2024, 08:44:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
  Print  
Author Topic: Basingstoke Festival of Transport 2010  (Read 44074 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #225 on: May 12, 2010, 06:08:25 PM »

JJ, I'm very glad you got home safely, but I've run linked front & back brakes on all my Reliant trikes for years & never had a problem. When the MSVA test was first drafted, they wanted all trikes to have linked brakes.
Good job the handbrake held -I guess that's why it's called an emergency brake & why the MOT/MSVA tests specify it should work on all wheels on either axle & should be mechanically operated, (independant of the normal hydraulic "service" brakes).
Do you mean the flared end of the rigid copper brake pipe sheared off? I've always used flexible braided hoses but was planning on using polished copper on Taz's trike. Maybe I still will, but just for the main runs, with flexis at either end.
I always use spring washers, Nyloc nuts or ThreadLok fluid at the very least on everything. Obviously hardtails vibrate more than trikes with suspension, & those long motorway jaunts at constant speed will set up droning vibrations that can eventually cause fractures or loosen nuts & bolts, but sensible regular maintenance should pick them up before they become dangerous.
Sorry JJ, not trying to belittle your experience, but would hate anyone to be put off trying triking because of it, or for you to be pressured to sell your ride on the basis of one dodgy brake pipe -which could happen on any vehicle -who knows what's going on under the bonnet of your car when you're at the wheel?   
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 07:42:38 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #226 on: May 12, 2010, 07:28:37 PM »

True enough Andy - I once had a nasty experience at a T junction when my VW Passat just didn't stop - a chunk of the caliper where the brake pipe goes in had simply sheared off and it pissed brake fluid all over the road!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #227 on: May 12, 2010, 08:43:55 PM »

Picked up another dozen "dashboard plaques" from the organisers today, so if you showed a vehicle on Sunday & missed out on your commemorative plaque, get in touch & we'll send you one. They're 2 inches by 4 inches. Usually brass but some sort of alloy this year, (lightweight racing plaques so as not to slow your vehicle down with extra weight I reckon). Each year's features a different Thornycroft lorry.

Cabman77

« Reply #228 on: May 13, 2010, 09:55:20 AM »

yes please, would love one of em Smiley

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #229 on: May 13, 2010, 03:47:55 PM »

PM me your address then please -I've probably got it, but easier if you can send it again.  Wink

Cabman77

« Reply #230 on: May 17, 2010, 11:25:05 AM »

Plaque turned up this morning many thanks.

Got a busy time ahead Andy if you`re gonna get all your projects finished for next year  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

tazet
« Reply #231 on: May 17, 2010, 01:21:14 PM »

Glad you got it and we shall just have to wait and see  Grin
Cabman77

« Reply #232 on: May 17, 2010, 02:41:45 PM »

got some pics of the day but everytime i try to load them onto here they won`t go.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #233 on: May 17, 2010, 07:25:16 PM »

Too big? We usually use JPEGs, abut 600 x 600 pixels.
If you still have problems, email them to us, (address on the Contacts page), & we'll post them for you. I've been waiting to get everyone's in before making up the photo galleries, so if you've got more than, say, a couple of dozen, we can make up a gallery for you too.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #234 on: May 17, 2010, 07:27:28 PM »

I'm 48 at the moment. I'll be 50 in about a year & a half's time. That's my unofficial target -I want all 4 of our projects finished, up & running by then.

bigdarren

« Reply #235 on: May 18, 2010, 09:09:47 PM »

popped into mr loony's workshop today for a speedo bracket fitting and was given a  nice little monkey trophy  Grin thanks andy . cya down there some time soon  Wink

if you cant fix it with gaffa tape or cable ties then its broken
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #236 on: May 18, 2010, 09:17:45 PM »

Our pleasure mate. You could use it to plug the filler neck with.  Wink

Clive

« Reply #237 on: May 22, 2010, 07:10:42 PM »

Glad they're lightweight, the cafe racer doesn't need any extra weight!! Cheesy

Clive

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #238 on: May 22, 2010, 09:44:38 PM »

Been waiting for Renegade's photos to arrive -he's the only one who took lots of the whole show, not just our bit of it. They're in the post so we'll get it all online as soon as they arrive.

tazet
« Reply #239 on: May 26, 2010, 07:39:45 PM »

Most photos are now on line. Just Mrs TrikerPetes, (Chrissy), to go but having problems loading the disk. I will win eventually.
Thank you all for your contributions  Smiley

Our bit -& the rest of the show

« Last Edit: May 26, 2010, 10:52:40 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]
  Print  

Jump to: