April 16, 2024, 09:48:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: What you got in your garden?  (Read 23593 times)
tazet
« on: June 11, 2008, 04:48:24 PM »

Thought we would start a thread where people can put photos of stuff and wildlife in your gardens.

This morning, (sorry no photos) we saw a mummy Woodpecker feeding her baby, a duck and I fed it park style. Throwing bread at it  Grin and various other birds.
I also picked my first home grown strawberry

Then sat and watched the birds.

A Jackdaw

A mummy Magpie and her baby

Mummy Magpie

A Jay with 1 nut

The same Jay being a pig

One of our Fuschia plants

A Rose

and finally a little birdie
mouse

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 05:31:46 PM »

wow very cool taz
The only wildlife in my garden is me trying to drink my first cup of tea of the day  Shocked Grin

Mousy Boy :-) AKA Mick Smiley
tazet
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2008, 08:01:14 PM »

As I'm sat here Dave keeps popping out to have a munch. Mum thinks he is a Wood Mouse but I'm not sure. He's tiny and a brown colour with very small ears and very dark brown nose, ears and huge eyes. Every morning we get Squirrels visiting and they are funny to watch them playing. This morning when manky woke there were 2 Squirrels in the bird food and a Duck on the floor quite happily munching away  Grin
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 08:13:51 PM by tazet » Logged
tazet
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 08:14:44 PM »

Just seen 2 Daves at the same time. The other must be Davetta  Grin
mouse

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2008, 08:16:47 PM »

I gotta get my ass down to see you guys and all this wonderful wildlife

tazet
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2008, 08:26:35 PM »

I'm sure you have some wonderful stuff you just don't see it. You have your cats and if you got a bird feeder, (out of moggy reach) you's see the birds too. You'll be supprised what is out there if you look long enough. I get to see this stuff as I smoke and I go outside for my ciggies so my laptop goes with me and I just sit and watch the world go by with one eye and the other watching you lot  Grin Wildlife everywhere  Grin
mouse

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 08:29:20 PM »

ah i didnt know you was a smoker  Grin tut  tut lol
i have a bird feeder in my front garden and get to sit here on the pc watching all the birds feed
i also have a hedgehog that comes in the house and help him self to the cats biscuits lol

tazet
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2008, 08:37:01 PM »

Grin See we don't have a hedgehog that does that. That's quite cool you'll have to try and get a photo of it. In the 5 years or so I've been here I've only ever seen one and that was after Manky moved in.
mouse

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 08:38:14 PM »

heres a pic its not very good the little bugger growls at ya if you go near him pmsl
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/007mouse/Picture151-1.jpg
What you got in your garden?

tazet
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2008, 08:39:19 PM »

That's wicked. We want one  Grin
mouse

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2008, 08:43:47 PM »

you wouldnt if you heard him growl first time he did i about jumped out my skin at 2 am in the morning lol
heres a couple of pics of the bird feeder in my front garden
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/007mouse/DSC00037-4.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c355/007mouse/DSC00048-1.jpg

tazet
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2008, 09:41:17 PM »

We had Starlings as they had made a nest in our roof. The mummy was quite funny to watch and used to throw tantrums if there were not mealworms for her  Grin They's all gone now and is very quiet in the garden.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2008, 01:30:39 AM »

I woke up one night to a lot of noise and rushed outside thinking there were a couple of dogs having a fight in our garden.

There weren't - and all I can say is, in answer to the age-old question "How do hedgehogs make love?" the answer is, very VERY loudly !!!!!!!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
tazet
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2008, 06:30:07 AM »

lol  Grin
blair

it looks bigger in water ! !

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2008, 09:53:43 AM »

we dont have a garden a such but the other day we were woken up a 6 by a very strange noise , lots of thumping, screeming a screetching ( put your dirty minds away ) turns out our indoor cat had managed to get hold of a blackdird and if its possible he actually looked like he was showing it off to us in a "look at what i got kindo way" . its ok though when i jump up he let it go and i managed to get it back out of a window, we can only think it had been in the flat for a couple of days as we hadnt had the windows open ( it get cold up here in scotland ) .

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: