March 28, 2024, 11:51:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: What's Happening with Mankymonkey?  (Read 9181 times)
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2019, 06:11:40 AM »

Totally agree guys..did you say a meeting for WET Wales 🤔😅 il get me coat..🚶‍♂️🧥

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2019, 08:25:16 AM »

We must do that Min.hopefully in the not too distant future and before hibernation time returns!! Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2019, 10:27:48 AM »

Grin ;Dand was it bloody wet yesterday!! We we were due to visit one of my brothers in Haverfordwest, another albeit ex motorcyclist, please bear with me as I hate the term "biker", and I'm so old I feel entitled!! Grin....so closed the front door and hibernated for the day, however today, it's beautfull Stinkey Cheesy...Morrag

hornet6

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2019, 04:15:29 PM »

You say west wales but where abouts in west wales. I,me in the west mids so a meet up would be good {if ime allowed } of mankey motor members. Not on a chopper or bobber at the moment....on my sv 650.

no projects ever finished
kapri

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2019, 07:57:46 PM »

I haven't been on for quite awhile  but don't do that much online elsewhere either . Still got the trike and finally got it MOTd insured and back on the road last week with a bit of a makeover .

Health set me back as I tore the muscle from the bone( rotator cuff ) when refitting the engine ( and I was only being foreman!!).

Also had a major stroke Valentines day  followed by a quick heart attack in April and stents fitting.

So mostly been spending time getting myself is some form of order.

Trikes amazing to drive with new engine and further tuning mods to the Reliant lump !!

Only done 25 miles on it and still working out if riding it regularly is feasible or if I'll have to sell still. Still makes me smile like an idiot when I take it out though!! LOL
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2019, 08:18:03 PM »

Kapri, if you can financially warrant it! keep it if only to polish and look at! Grin really, the psychological lift has to be worth it. Hornet, my most used bike is also an SV, brilliant piece of kit, up there with the best of bikes I have owned, and I have had a few believe me Cheesy, so we shall have to see what is feasible, ok, Morrag

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2019, 09:49:09 PM »

Hey, there is still life out there in Manky Land! Smiley
Hi chaps, nice to know you're still about.
I admit I'm on Facebook too, as are most people here I think. It's an easy way to keep in touch with those elsewhere -I chat to my sister in Canada through Facebook Messenger & have just arranged my next trip to the States through a mate in the Bronx, as well as keeping up with friends from my distant past. There's a lot of cross-overs on the 'net, but most of my vehicle related posts are here, rather than elsewhere.
Our forum membership & number of posts fluctuates all the time for no particular reason. Sometimes it's quiet, sometimes not. As long as you want it though, it'll be here Smiley
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 10:02:28 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
minimutly

« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2019, 10:21:57 PM »

Well I'm in South West Wales, near the Preseli Hills - very near actually, walked up on of the smallest yesterday.
So mid West Wales is like Aberystwyth, Morrag somewhere near Gower?
Llandovery might be good?
Even gooder woulde that I have my vmax fixed...
stinkey

« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2019, 07:16:56 AM »

I haven't been on for quite awhile  but don't do that much online elsewhere either . Still got the trike and finally got it MOTd insured and back on the road last week with a bit of a makeover .

Health set me back as I tore the muscle from the bone( rotator cuff ) when refitting the engine ( and I was only being foreman!!).

Also had a major stroke Valentines day  followed by a quick heart attack in April and stents fitting.

So mostly been spending time getting myself is some form of order.

Trikes amazing to drive with new engine and further tuning mods to the Reliant lump !!

Only done 25 miles on it and still working out if riding it regularly is feasible or if I'll have to sell still. Still makes me smile like an idiot when I take it out though!! LOL
hiya kev good to hear your still about..can I ask what tuning mods you have done with the reliant engine?  I took mine to Airey tuning last year and he did an amazing job but be nice to give it more oomph 👍👍

kapri

« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2019, 04:45:53 PM »

Hi Steve , usual stuff really I ported all the head and deshrouded valves in chamber . That alone makes a HUGE difference as the head in standard form is more or less two big chaneeles drilled in with 90 degreee bends etc. I rang it like that initially with the bike carbs and it was quick. However mixture was out and it bore washed in a short time.

Next I converted to a single 34ICH Weber on a stock manifold with Rebel Racing internal mods and port matched the gaskets . I had to make an adapter for the carb as it fouled on the tank so there is now a highrise manifold as well also all ported to match carb and inlet.

Finally I ported the standard exhaust manifold  and made a new exhaust using 1.5" bore pipe and opened up the Reliant flange which is ridiculously restrictive. All going through a single megaphone mounted on the side near my kneecap .

Sounds like an old 4 cylinder bike on tickover . I've got a video but no idea ho wto get it on here ?

Totally mild mannered up to 3000 rpm, then all hell breaks loose. Pulls like an absolute train quicker than I can shift gears. Due to the overall gearing it's faster in 3rd than top ( pulls to about 90 when I backed off ) and maxes out about 80mph.

stinkey

« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2019, 06:07:25 PM »

Sounds good, I have a spare engine I'd maybe like to rebuild and tune up?  At least give me something to tinker with on a cold winter night 👍😎🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿what gearing are you using in the rear end?  And tyre size?

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2019, 08:28:36 PM »

Sounds very similar performance to my last trike Kev -the engine's now in the final one I built which is now owned by BayChimp. I had it tuned by Tom Airey, but as you say, the standard exhaust ports are way out of line. I used a tubular exhaust manifold bought from Ebay which made a huge difference.
I think the overall rolling diameter of the rear wheels/tyres was around 24" which gave the same effect as yours - 4th gear becomes more of an overdrive for motorway cruising. It'd sit at 70-80mph all day, but wasn't much fun on motorways -like driving an old Mini - they're much more at home on A roads where you can work up & down through the gears & enjoy the twisty bits, rather than motorway mile munching.
I quite miss mine.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 09:43:36 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

stinkey

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2019, 06:49:43 AM »

Yes Andy put me in touch with Tom 👍 he certainly knows his stuff..my rear tyres are actually too tall so need the gears changing unless I can get some lower profile tyres to fit 10x15 rims?   I dread motorway driving and always try to use the country roads

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2019, 04:14:02 PM »

Riding's much more enjoyable on non-motorway roads anyway!

My modern VW campervan always wants to go faster than the speed limit on the motorway but I still choose non motorway routes wherever possible.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2019, 08:12:15 PM »

I've definitely slowed up in my old age -or middle age at least. Quite happy bimbling along at less than the speed limit -it's a maximum speed, not compulsory. When my Pop's on the road, I don't drive it any faster than I drive my little commuter car.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: