April 16, 2024, 12:51:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: What's Happening with Mankymonkey?  (Read 9273 times)
JayJay

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2019, 05:33:26 AM »

Haven't been on MMM for a few weeks so late to this thread but I'm not into Facebook, Twitter etc. I mainly use WhatsApp, e-mail and phone plus the very occasional letter, yes real ones, on paper that you post. Ask Andy and Baychimp.  Grin

I did do Facebook about 10 years ago to keep in touch with 2 mates and the various events we used to go to but I got sick to death of all the friends of friends links I kept getting. I kept the account but very rarely go on there but all that time ago I set up an email notification that went straight into a folder. A year ago I was tidying my email. Looked in the folder only to find about twenty thousand unread emails.  Shocked Understandable considering my one mate posted at least 20 times a day! Just think of all the time I saved not reading them.  Smiley

It would be a shame if MMM went down the Facebook route as, many other groups have. At least this way anyone with access to a computer/tablet/smartphone can join in without being hassled by unwanted stuff. Plus like we all agree, this site stays very friendly and upsets have been very rare.   Cool

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
JayJay

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2019, 07:14:31 AM »

Well I'm in South West Wales, near the Preseli Hills - very near actually, walked up on of the smallest yesterday.
So mid West Wales is like Aberystwyth, Morrag somewhere near Gower?

I was in Wales towards the end of August. Took my Mum up. She lived between Aberystwyth and Aberaeron for about 25 years until about 8 years ago. We stayed a few days in Aber visiting her friends around that area then drove home via the A487 cutting over to Carmarthen to see my Brother. Also visited my old house nr Carmarthen on the way which I left nearly 20 years ago. I had a lovely big spa bath put in when I lived there. We even moved a wall to fit it. As we pulled up outside, my lovely bath was dumped outside the house. I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry!  Cry   Cheesy

I didn't think I'd visit that way again but it was nice going over the mountains (we went via Leintwardine in N Herefordshire). It was very hot and there were loads of bikes about especially around Rhayader where there are some lovely sweeping roads.

We used to love driving around your way, very pretty. I think the A487 is a great road, all the way to the A40 with so many lovely places veering off it. We'd often spend a day and do the circular route and loop back to Carmathen via Synod Inn, Fishguard, Milford Haven, Pembroke and Tenby or variations of that route. Such great roads and beautiful scenery, well minus the oil refinery!  Undecided Haven't the stacks just been demolished? Bet it looks strange now after them being there for so long. Do you ever go that way?

So all that time ago, I might have even been past your house (assuming you were there then  Cheesy). I didn't realise Morrag is in the Gower. We loved it around there too. As for Hornet, we used to live in the same place and go to school together! I've been about these past two months. I was even near Merv I think recently. I stayed in a hotel in Quedgeley because I was meeting people in Painswick. Perhaps he'll let me know. Small world.  Cool   Smiley

P.S. Biker Gran, I know you mentioned the Google Map recently but I can't remember if you said it still exists or not. Can you let me know please.

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2019, 10:17:55 PM »

No, sadly the Google map is no more!  There may be another way of creating a map of where people are but I don't know it!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2019, 08:27:51 AM »

Should I remove the map thread then Bobbi?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2019, 07:08:24 PM »

Might as well.  Actually there are two of them, haven't tried the original one cos we couldn't update it anyway, that's why I started the new one.

Just checked and the old ones still there but it's so out of date and we can't update it, Tazet used to do that.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2019, 08:21:24 PM »

Okey doke.

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2019, 06:12:08 PM »

What's happening here? Sorry about the picture being sideways?? Been busy sorting out the workshop along with the house..insulation and interior trunking going on in the house, had a nice cuppa after a busy afternoon and my son sent me a picture of a chopper we built about 10 years ago, now on Facebook for sale?  Had a facelift
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 06:22:07 PM by stinkey » Logged

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2019, 09:58:24 PM »

Nice bike.
I thought your house must be on a hillside for a moment Smiley

minimutly

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2019, 10:38:29 PM »

Only now saw your post jayjay, nice comments. I'm 18 miles from Carmarthen.
Nice roads, no tailbacks (other than getting into towns in the morning) as you say. Shame about yor bath, mostly grp now...
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2019, 08:21:46 AM »

It is on a mountain so that's most likely the cause 🤣

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
spanners

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2019, 01:49:43 PM »

I,m , still about , Grin
Been struggling one a bit  , just me and Mr,Bon the rescued Belgian malinois  I took on , living out in the Yorkshire countryside , , not the best of weather for anything 

But had near a dozen projects on the go over the last 12 months ,

Not been posting on here as I got the impression that I wasn,t as welcome as I once was , Undecided

I can,t resize pics to post on this site
But if anybody on messenger can , I will send a few and would be grateful if they could be posted on here for others to see
Then it shows that I,m not always asleep all the time  Wink
Also I need guidance and input to keep things going

Cheers

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2019, 04:07:41 PM »

Always welcome mate Smiley

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2019, 12:00:29 PM »

Some of Mike's, "Spanners"), projects.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2019, 12:01:36 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2019, 12:02:10 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: