April 27, 2024, 05:20:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Cornwall trip - Fri Sept 21 - Mon Sept 24  (Read 14691 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2006, 10:22:47 PM »

No probs ByzMax!

Just for you Flap, I'll edit the first post to say what the current plan looks like.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
flap

« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2006, 10:26:08 PM »

Like that's something new! Try to keep up Flappy!

I can't. All this talk about proms, opera, musicals, whistles, Gloucester and flags. I thought we were going to get some pasties and ice cream.

Did you know I won a Trophy and lost my Cartman hat.
Then I won another Trophy. I miss my hat.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2006, 10:47:29 PM »

It's a long way just for an ice cream. It'll be melted by the time you get home. Thought we could go to the outdoor theatre while the pasties are cooling down.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2006, 05:06:31 AM »

Count me in will meet you on the way.

I have 4 tents not sure how but I have so if anyone is lacking "shout"

Think I have enough time to get the Trailer ready (like I havn't had it 2 years already, and used it once)

Time Off Booked.

Seeing as I'm down here would you like me to find the last Camp site or a selection that you can choose from?

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2006, 09:31:19 AM »

Where's 'down here'?

If you mean a site for Sat night, yes please!  If you mean Sunday, suggestions welcome but we're kind hoping to find some event or place of interest to stop over at/near.

(also have to admit I'm hoping it will be near one of my RBR Landmarks but thats another story....)

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2006, 01:12:25 PM »

Doc, I could make use of a tent if you've got spares. Would save me lugging one all the way down there too. I'm assuming I'll have the trike well & truly road legal by then!

TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2006, 03:25:13 PM »

Will pack one for you Andy, no problem.

I meant Sunday night, sorry every thing is going to Sh*t at the moment will sort a camp site for Sunday and have a look around for an event for Saturday OK.

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2006, 05:55:49 PM »

Sorry my reply was confusing even to me!  Only I don't know whereabouts you are...

Saturday we're camping near Porthcurno and going to the Minack theatre, it's Sunday night thats undecided, possible campsites would be useful once we know vaguely where we're going to be - it's kinda loose ATM!  Deliberately so, it's a long way off and who knows what may come up between now and then!

klogan45

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2006, 10:07:04 PM »

Hi Guys,
I'm working during the week but could meet up at bigbury on the friday evening and hope to take the trip in to deepest cornwall with you all. Sounds great to me.
K

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2006, 10:25:23 PM »

No doubt Manky would agree that any and all permutations of joining/ leaving/ travelling with/ visiting the group are not only possible but welcome!

In other words, the more the merrier!

Cool

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2006, 10:44:19 AM »

I'll just turn up & ride whenever & wherever I'm told to!
Yup, everyone welcome.

klogan45

« Reply #56 on: March 06, 2007, 08:02:29 PM »

What's the latest on this run then?

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2007, 08:21:10 AM »

This is Bobbi's baby, so I've had no input into the plans really -delegate wherever possible I say!
As far as I know it's still full steam ahead. I've got serious doubts about having my trike ready for the MonkeyNuts run but will obviously be there one way or another, but will definitely be attending this weekend. 

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2007, 01:08:06 PM »

This is Bobbi's baby,
I think it was Klogan's suggestion in the first place but I seem to have taken over!   Embarrassed

As far as I know it's still full steam ahead.

Haven't done a lot more about it as it's a way off yet - but I suppose if we really want to go to the Minack theatre we need to book up.  I'll post the details then folks can book their own tickets, cos I'm not getting into handling bookings and money.

What we still need is a campsite and/or B&B near the theatre - preferably with a nice pub handy for anyone who doesn't want to do the theatre bit, tho it should be great fun as it's a 'Last Night of the Proms' sylee and the audience are invited to bring flags, bells, sirens etc!

Also in spite of enormous amounts of research I have failed to find any event to attend on the Sunday on the homeward trip, but I will get my list of Round Britain Rally landmarks soon and I bet there'll be something interesting to visit.

Maybe I better start a new thread for the actual organising?  It's only February but I reckon the theatre will get booked up fast, so I'll check on that first.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2007, 08:00:06 PM »

Right, theatre booking starts end of April so I'm going to start a new thread - but first we need a name for this trip.. all suggestions here please!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: