April 27, 2024, 08:51:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Cornwall trip - Fri Sept 21 - Mon Sept 24  (Read 14692 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« on: November 07, 2006, 09:43:25 PM »

The current thinking is like this...

Fri 21 Sept - ride to Bigbury ion Sea, Devon, camp at local campsite, visit Burgh Island.
Sat 22 Sept - ride to Porthcurno, local cam,psite, go the "Proms" show at Minack Theatre (take flags, horns, whistles!)
Sun 23 Sept - ride to as yet unknown event or place of interest in Devon/ Somerset/ Dorset, camp nearby.
Mon 24 Sept - ride home.

Exact route to be decided much nearer the time!

OH AND MANKY WILL BE CAMPING!!!!!!

if someone else, (Bobbi), wants to organise the Cornwall trip some time in the Summer, I MAY camp there -but only if the majority says I should. Otherwise it's a nice comfy B & B for me.   

I'm not worried about what the majority will say!  I'm not necessarily going to organise this but I've started this thread and I don't mind organising the thread.  When it comes to the trip, I can't go to Cornwall without visiting Round Britain Rally locations, so I may not be with the rest of you as I'll have my own agenda.

Questions - what do we want?

Trip to Cornwall - yes.

Via Burgh Island?

Will this be a weekend or a longer trip - a holiday?

Minack Theatre - do we want to see a performance there or just go and  look at it?  A performance would be more spectacular, but it costs about £8 quid each (which doesn't seem bad to me).  If we want to see a show, we'd want to be staying in the near area I think.

Who wants to go on this trip?  Who wants to camp, who wants B&B?  And when do we want to do it?  I would suggest it should be outside the high season, ie the school holidays.  We've got the Monkey Run (or whatever it's called) at the end of April, and I'm pretty tied up in May, and possibly in June but I don't know that yet.

Anyone got answers to any of these?  Anyone got more questions?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 10:28:16 PM by BikerGran » Logged

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 09:59:22 PM »

Just re-read the oroiginal thread about Minack theatre in the 'favourite places' section, and the original idea belonged to ByzMax - what do you say Biz, what to you want this trip to be?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 11:14:04 PM »

Its about 164 miles to Bigbury on Sea from Basingstoke.  Then another 107 to Porthcurno.

Visit Burgh Island, stay a night in that area, on to Cornwall next day , visit Minack theatre, stay a night near there, home the next day?

Burgh Island, stay a night, Minack theatre, stay a night, home another way and stay a night on the way (for those that want to)?

Short visit Burgh Island, on to Cornwall, stay near Minack Theatre, see theatre, come home next day?

Seems to me it's be a shame to go all that way and not hang around long enough to appreciate it!  But I'll prolly stay longer, whatever the rest decide.

ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 11:14:22 PM »

Thanks Bobbi

I'd love to do a weekend trip via Burgh Island and The Minack Theatre. (you gotta see a performance if you go there).

Campings cheaper but if we get enough people to commit to it and at the right time of year we might get a cheap deal with proper beds?  and maybe a bar!!!!We have enough time to pester the Monkey Crew and owners of suitable establishments to accept us!

fancy organising it together??

Cheers

Iain

« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 11:21:14 PM by ByzMax » Logged

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 11:20:08 PM »

Also maybe make it longer like you suggest.

Lets gets this rolling. I reckon one  night at Burgh one night at Porthcurno and another somewhere else on the way back.

Lets see what events are on next year and try and visit one on the way back perhaps?

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 11:20:39 PM »

The only way I'd get that much time off work is to book a full week -& our Post Office holidays have to be booked a year in advance. I've just applied for dates in the period from March 2007 to March 2008! And even though I've applied for dates, I won't know for another few weeks yet whether I've actually got them or not. If it helps, I've applied for the week beginning 6th August 07 & the first 2 weeks in October 07. Also asked for the first 2 weeks in June but hoping to go to Canada then.  

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 11:22:35 PM »

Bloody hell I'm not stopping off in Canada on the way back from Porthcurno. Grin

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 11:31:47 PM »

That'd be a serious road trip! My sister's just emigrated there. She's my brother Brock's sister too funnily enough.
It's minus 21 degress with 20 inches of snow there now!

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 11:35:25 PM »

So what did you have in mind for the Cornwall trip Andy?  All the way in a day, calling at Burgh Island on the way, then back the next day?

That's not a trip, that's an endurance contest!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 11:41:25 PM »

I really enjoy travelling -assuming the trike's up to it after it's rebuild I'd quite happily do it in a day, but would be nice to get to know those here that I only see as names on a screen. The Post Office holiday system's a real pain -can't plan anything. I think I'm going to have to be ill for a few days in the Summer!

klogan45

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 05:02:53 PM »

H Guys,
would love to join you..but...The trike may not be ready, something to aim for though.
Please please please may I bring the car if I need to? It would be really great to meet up with the folks from here.
Are partners welcome too? My wife would fancy coming along.
Don't mind camping or B&B. I guess that a B&B would have its advantages especially if the weather turns nasty, not trying to be a 'killjoy' just practical.
Regards
Keith

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 07:46:08 PM »

Tchah!  Not another one!

Wink

klogan45

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 09:12:27 PM »

Never mind that ....can i come too..please please please.
Was the tchah because
1) I said about the weather
2) The trike may not be ready                                     
3) Can partners come.

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 09:22:35 PM »

It wasn't the weather - it was the B&B!

It's ok tho, you can share with Manky!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2006, 09:42:22 PM »

Don't understand this obsession with camping at all. The equivalent of deliberately going out on the bike in the pouring rain & freezing cold without any waterproofs when you've got a perfectly good car at home!  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: