March 28, 2024, 09:06:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: DESPERADO!. THE NORTH.  (Read 31346 times)
spanners

« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2015, 11:37:14 PM »

and where did this forum member go Huh??

i tried to keep in touch as he wasnt far from me and i passed his HQ a few times a week but he seems to have vanished without trace  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
poprodder

« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2015, 07:58:46 AM »

mike, he was selling everything as i was offered some stuff a few years ago.

there was also talk of moving to newzealand.

cheers chris.

hunter

« Reply #62 on: October 13, 2015, 08:53:17 AM »

mike, he was selling everything as i was offered some stuff a few years ago.

there was also talk of moving to newzealand.

cheers chris.

HE must have been desperate to move. Grin

I
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #63 on: October 23, 2015, 07:57:17 AM »

IVA/BIVA hit squad took him out ? Lips Sealed

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
spanners

« Reply #64 on: October 23, 2015, 09:41:10 AM »

IVA/BIVA hit squad took him out ? Lips Sealed

after a bit of research,,MAYBE,, Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
hunter

« Reply #65 on: October 23, 2015, 09:41:51 AM »

I think he fell into one of stinkey's holes.

I
The North

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2016, 01:16:48 PM »

As Chris said we had a go in NZ awesome place been before years ago  but its not changed much its still the best place on earth as far as i know.
   But just as it all seemed to be going great My Father took ill last December came back at Christmas had a great time fantastic new year family get together the last time i saw him alive.  Died sudden a couple of days latter when i was up in Scotland, .
He was 97 so i guess it should have been Expecting it, But it made it no easier still hit me hard.
    So still here for the moment not by any means sure yet when we will go over to NZ again or even if we will, My rental on the old place here was not as straightforward as i had hoped, but back in now but place is rough more like camping.
  My old projects mostly indoors are pretty much as they were but parts and some stuff i stored in two caravans out back had rats in them, still poisoning em as we speak lots of messy stuff to sort some rewiring plumbing and joinery plastering to do before i even get to do imminently.
     Busy is good it has helped me a bit with me dads loss, but still got me the other day in one of those quiet moments.
   got a few bits from NZ have a few more bikes now a bobber build [n an old kawasaki 500 vulcan i just started last weekend i will post up a thread when i get chance.
spanners

« Reply #67 on: April 10, 2016, 08:36:29 PM »

nice to see you back  bud,,

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #68 on: April 11, 2016, 10:27:54 AM »

Busy is good it has helped me a bit with me dads loss, but still got me the other day in one of those quiet moments.

Sorry for your loss - I just saw this that someone posted elsewhere today for the husband of a friend who passed away a year ago and thought it was very true.

"Grief is like a ball of string, you start at one end and wind. Then the ball slips through your fingers and rolls across the floor. Some of your work is undone but not all. You pick it up and start over again, but you never have to begin again at the end of the string. The ball never completely unwinds. You’ve made some progress.
 -Author Unknown"

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
The North

« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2018, 07:35:41 PM »

Two years And Life changing stuff make much of this thread irreverent now, I think i still have much of what i had before and some more.
   Desperado is still there minus its Triumph engines they were sold with the other marlin which went to France, I have  just the chassis and a pop front axle vitesse  IRS. I have ideas i want to do with this still but its radically different to the original idea.  But still want to do something with the bits i have,project will be now adjusted some what when i eventually pick up on it again.
merv

« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2018, 10:13:35 PM »

it is good to hear from you again  Smiley

Why do every five minute job take all day, and
if it can go wrong it will go wrong
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2018, 11:09:29 PM »

Hello stranger Smiley Welcome back.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
The North

« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2018, 07:05:21 AM »

Cheers Lots been going on and i realize now i was up against a rock and a hard place my time was just was not my own. Attempting a move to NZ was interesting but so badly timed its not funny, lost a lot learned a lot and now i think we have moved on.
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2018, 07:32:45 AM »

We all try different things in life..all searching for something ? When very often it's right here all around you ? If you can find peace in your mind..and just go with the flow..things tend to work out..never has you hope but embrace it..my dream of moving to Spain still hasn't happened..but I live in hope. Cheesy at least your alive and planning projects dude.. Wink

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
The North

« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2018, 11:16:25 AM »

To be fair i think we are  in a better situation than we was before, and kids dropped straight back into education here so we are here now until they get done with learning review the situation then perhaps.
  On the project front I think i will be doing a bike next i have a few  in stock  Grin Grin Just thinking on a direction to go and what with.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to: