April 25, 2024, 09:22:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: DESPERADO!. THE NORTH.  (Read 31638 times)
The North

« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2012, 10:43:15 PM »

Use Graham at East Cottingwith, 01759 318998.

spanners

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2012, 11:10:56 PM »

whats he like, i take it he do,s shot blasting aswell , now i,m trying to think where east cottingwith is

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
The North

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2012, 08:58:37 AM »

OH! yes he does that, cittingwith? Its like off the derwent Thorganby. For you its like either cross the bridge head west Newport to goole that way or the M181 to 180 then M18 to M62 heading east Hull get off at Howden left at the end and down to the Bothfeery Bridge head for Hemingbourgh //cliffe turn right or you could go Keadby Bridge all the back roads to goole that way. Got me.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 09:07:27 AM by The North » Logged
spanners

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2012, 10:16:23 AM »

top side of DRAX then  Wink

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
The North

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2012, 04:50:52 PM »

you got it.
The North

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2012, 10:04:45 PM »

I have a few days spare this week and i have very high hopes  Smiley But we will see just what does get done.
   I will be clearing the workshop and getting room to move cars in and out properly, filling the workshop was not a good idea but thieving sub humans  forced us in to this compromising situation.
  Desperado my 1930s style special wont be living permanently in the workshop it will go back to the less secure wooden shed but will be in and out the building  as and when i can spare the time, the rear of the workshop i want my Austin Devon shell and hope soon to make a proper start on that.  I have been gathering parts for the Devon and making cills and repair sections for the rear wing bands the only areas needing repair on what is a truly excellent body and chassis it is hard to believe it is 63 years old, still i suppose being stored in a dry house adjacent garage since 1971 kind of helped..  Grin
   Picked up the exhaust flanges cut by a mate with a plasma cutter   for my exposed side exhaust system on the special, I have marked the screen roll cage for cutting as seen in the previous pictures next job, having completed the new alloy bulkhead and modified Triumph  Pedal box assembly, the column will be GT6 but i think i will have to weld in a clio collapsible section to comply with IVA, not sure of what to do here, so will be going a head as standard and then revisiting stuff like this as it gets obvious its out of compliance, any input on columns and iva would be appreciated. 
  The engine is cleaned up now and i will be painting it dark grey undercoat by johnstones it looks the closest easy available color to the meadows engines  grey paint  frazer nash used back in the day.
 I am going to turn up some period SU carb Brass damper caps to take the original damper rods make it a bit more authentic.
   Not getting boged down with details though i have to stay focused on getting it done ASAP but on the other hand i am setting no deadlines that would start to take away the pleasure in doing it in the first place. I have an image of the car now in my minds eye, and i think this just as to help.

phunkie hiboy

« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2012, 10:18:56 PM »

I am going to turn up some period SU carb Brass damper caps to take the original damper rods make it a bit more authentic.      

You can buy these from SU carbs in Salisbury, £12 each,  http://www.sucarb.co.uk/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=27583 . Just done the exercise for the ones I picked up this morning.

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
The North

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2012, 10:25:27 PM »

Sounds like a plan to me thanks, cheaper to make like but time and all that i will see how we go on, a rainy day just might see me turn some up still. thanks for the heads up, they look so much better with the brass caps on.
The North

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2012, 05:01:39 PM »

I cant believe it everything is going smooth on the clearing out the building, no disasters today i had a full three hours uninterrupted and if i get a clen run at three hours tomorrow i will be good to go.  Cool
The North

« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2012, 10:17:03 PM »

Engine is back together now 1300 triumph spitfire, I have gone with the dolomite box for the all synchro the spit box i had was a mk 3 and would have no synchro in 1 st, the dolly is same as marina and i have two spare boxes so its a no brainier.
   Had a good couple of hours on it today and if i can will try and get the Eugine fitted this weekend, its great sticking to original fitment motors as its straightforward and no fiddling of fabrication not even slight fabrication.
 Will take a few pics tomorrow in daylight if i get home in time, this little car is getting there.  Will start on the rear tub fabrication soon as i have it driving.  OH! cut the floors tonight down at  a mates place on his band saw, ace it is i want one  Grin I wish.

The North

« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2012, 11:19:05 PM »

Fired the engine up tonight on the floor  it smoked a bit initialy bit of oil i supose did not run it long no rad or anything but sounded good even though it ran just a short time the paint on the engine was stinking  Sad Horrible.  Goint to drop her in saturday all being well.  
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 11:22:02 PM by The North » Logged
The North

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2012, 11:58:40 PM »

I had a knobaly cam gived for a Quote -- A hot Dolomite  Grin I thought they all overheated anyway.
   Anyway i spent all this afternoon striping the motor right down this time to clean it up to fit the cam, took me untill 11pm just cleaning stuff up, i am doing the head now inserts for unleaded and i wil re shell it and new rings, it is daft to get it this far down and not replace stuff like this.  I am befining to wish i never striped it now, i wqas just going to take it down clean it up fit the can reasemble and use, but i just cant do that.  Proper going to get expensive now, whatever happened to the vertualy free project.  Grin Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2012, 10:09:08 PM »

You'll have a motor that will last a good few year though & which you'll know is good. Worth the rebuild for the peace of mind Id've thought.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
The North

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2012, 11:46:31 PM »

True enough and its not exactly complex to work on, ib truth even though it was running ok it needed to come down. It had some of the black carbon deposits common to old triumphs fords and the like, the black death we used to call it. Now if i keep it serviced properly it should go for another 50 000 at least and i doubt i wil ever do that in it.
triker_Chewie

west aussie dreamer

« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2012, 06:25:35 AM »

Now if i keep it serviced properly it should go for another 50 000 at least and i doubt i wil ever do that in it.
but you could give it a rum go!

I hate when people compare Lemmy with God, i know he is great but he is not gonna be Lemmy, ever

If your Dad hasnt got a beard, you've got two Mums

Quote from: Manky Monkey
there's no point it lookin' pretty if we can't drive it. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: