May 15, 2024, 09:14:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 65
  Print  
Author Topic: RODS build........  (Read 255157 times)
nabsim

« Reply #660 on: March 27, 2012, 01:10:41 PM »

Well definately have a go and dont do what I did. About 18 months ago I wanted new seals in a pair of ZZR11 forks and took them to local bike shop. When asked I said yes get original seals not generic and left them to it. Dont think I have ever paid for seals to be done before but hadn't done any myself for near on 30 years.

Anywayyyyyyyyyy when I went to collect them they cost £80 !!!!!!!!

Well worth a try first Wink

spanners

« Reply #661 on: March 27, 2012, 01:18:24 PM »

Well definately have a go and dont do what I did. About 18 months ago I wanted new seals in a pair of ZZR11 forks and took them to local bike shop. When asked I said yes get original seals not generic and left them to it. Dont think I have ever paid for seals to be done before but hadn't done any myself for near on 30 years.

Anywayyyyyyyyyy when I went to collect them they cost £80 !!!!!!!!

Well worth a try first Wink

guy allots  (cost-a-lotts)  by any chance  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
ROD

« Reply #662 on: March 27, 2012, 06:25:56 PM »

stanchions now at bike place..we'll see!  Grin
 whilst Im waiting,Ive started to re design the rear seat. This is a prob which I never thought of until My daughter complained that she was sliding sideways across the seat as we went in to corners,and it was hard to hold on! Obviously a normal bike leans,but a trike stays flat . I tried to make  a grab handle each side ,but without welding to the frame and disturbing the paint etc,they look messy. What is needed is "cheeks". so now Ive now made up 2 brackets out of 40 x 5 flat,that will mount under the seat acrossways(rivetted to the u/s of the seat pan, one front one back,sticking out either side about 4". At the point they pass the edge of the seat they come upward about 45 degrees. Temporarily mounted on these will be a block of wood ,the thickness of the existing padding,each side ,which I can then reduce in height/length etc until they feel right to sit on ,then remove them and make them of thinner timber padded ,about 1 1/2" thick.Im hoping this will stop the sliding around on the seat! I have to make them "universal" ,because SWMBO has a wider ar,er.... posterior, than my daughter ,so they have to be one size fits all! Grin......"overkill" you may say......... ,but I need this seat to 'work' as a) Im hoping SWMBO will be persuaded to come out for rides,and B) I intend to cruise the hell out of this thing across france next year,with a reccy to France hopefully this year.
 Ive also lifted the front of the seat about 1 1/2",which is more comfortable according to ma bitches!
 In the past Ive spent a lot of time with the ergonomics of  car and van the seats to make them more comfortable.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 06:36:55 PM by ROD » Logged
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #663 on: March 27, 2012, 11:25:19 PM »

A comfy seat can make the difference between a bar hopper & a long distance cruiser. Sounds like you've put a lot of thought into that.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
steven brock

« Reply #664 on: March 28, 2012, 07:24:14 AM »

Surely it's easier to pork up a bit for that natural padding Smiley

steel wasn't invented to make bloody staples with!
nabsim

« Reply #665 on: March 28, 2012, 01:16:33 PM »

No Mike was Swains up near mines research.

I suspect it was the oem seals that bumped the price up, just seemed a lot but I haven't had any done before so nothing to compare it to. Swains are good usually and I know them well although it was normal price Smiley

spanners

« Reply #666 on: March 28, 2012, 01:38:22 PM »

No Mike was Swains up near mines research.

I suspect it was the oem seals that bumped the price up, just seemed a lot but I haven't had any done before so nothing to compare it to. Swains are good usually and I know them well although it was normal price Smiley

theyve just had a big fire near there  Wink i think the person had it coming  Wink Wink Wink   or was it an insurance job Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Smiley

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
ROD

« Reply #667 on: March 31, 2012, 02:47:46 PM »

Front end now all back together.£72 inc vat.to do seals. Just got to check the water level,Fifer style, then its test drive time,maybe this eve,or first thing tomorrow! Woohoo,cant wait! Typical though..now the weather has changed and it was drizzle here earlier Roll Eyes!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #668 on: March 31, 2012, 10:44:16 PM »

Go enjoy the ride!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
ROD

« Reply #669 on: April 01, 2012, 11:39:33 AM »

she lives!,she flies! goes real well,apart from a small oil leak!
dobber

« Reply #670 on: April 01, 2012, 06:43:46 PM »

SWEET, , , bit like brit bikes for oil leaks

no rush fella, take all the time you need,
        can i have it in 20 Min's?
spanners

« Reply #671 on: April 01, 2012, 07:06:09 PM »

well,,, it is brit built  Roll Eyes

ROD

« Reply #672 on: April 01, 2012, 07:19:04 PM »

Im not English! Grin

only kidding!
one arm bandit

« Reply #673 on: April 01, 2012, 07:32:33 PM »

i dont mind the little leeks or niggles,as its better saved for a nice chilling sunny day, and quite enjoyable even if you spend 8hrs doing an oil seal Grin
andyrennison

« Reply #674 on: April 02, 2012, 12:56:47 AM »

she lives!,she flies! goes real well,apart from a small oil leak!

Whoooooo Hooooooo Smiley

Thousands of candles can be lit from a single candle,
and the life of the candle will not be shortened.
Happiness never decreases by being shared
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 65
  Print  

Jump to: