April 18, 2024, 03:42:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27
  Print  
Author Topic: Reliant Disc brake conversion  (Read 240811 times)
Wulfgar

« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2006, 10:45:06 PM »

This i look forward to seeing.

I've got something here that is in dire need of machining, it's a huge slab ot aircraft grade titanium, it's round 11" diameter, 2" thick, but i can't find anyone that will touch it.

PS and it's worth a bloody fortune. Cheesy Cheesy
toad

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2006, 10:47:41 PM »

also worth making a not of one reliant axle i have in my garage has three bolt holes holding the back plate on! tis not a problem if your gonna use flat plates for your disc conversion as you just need to drill one whole in a different place the other two line up perfect

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2006, 10:51:15 PM »

3!! What on earth did that fall off? Never seen a 3 bolt one. Yeah, obviously if you've got one of those, (whatever it is), just drill your plates to suit. We've made plates from whatever we've had to hand in the past, hence the difference in thickness. Just means some have needed the caliper hangers spaced out off the top of the plate with a washer to keep the caliper aligned centrally over the disc.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
toad

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2006, 11:25:31 PM »

defo a reliant one! swapped it for an old regal one coz a mate wanted to do a chain drive conversion! the axles in ians goldy trike in my garage it,ll be here when you pop down.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2006, 11:41:57 PM »

Does it still use the Leyland Mini style drum brakes?

toad

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2006, 03:03:49 PM »

yep sure did!!! my guess is it might have come from one of the last jelly mold cars!

spanners

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2007, 11:51:23 PM »

yep sure did!!! my guess is it might have come from one of the last jelly mold cars!

or bond bug??

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
klogan45

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2007, 08:41:23 PM »

Wish I had some of those, they are really lovely to behold. It's not sad to appreciate beauty Grin Grin

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2007, 10:49:12 PM »

Got a spare pair if you want 'em. Yours for 40 quid, plus postage.

spanners

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2007, 01:52:50 AM »

if anyone has a good pattern  or one we could copy,, could get some more made, but we're not on cnc at my mates still old,, fashioned engineers here
 Grin

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
saddlebags

« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2007, 09:06:04 AM »

Hi spanners i will try and email you a cad drawing if i can get it sorted the outside shape of the brackets is not so important as long as you get sufficient clearance on the caliper and all your holes are pitched correctly.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2007, 11:47:52 AM »

Hiya Mr Bags.
You ready for your frame yet?
Still waiting for you to send in that CAD drawing so we can post it here for readers to download.

saddlebags

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2007, 08:56:14 PM »

Hiya Mr Manks hows you?has your frame gone to the powder coaters yet?i haven't made my axle clamps or my headstock yet been so busy with other stuff,got skamans fork brace finished today looks good,dont know if its the right size but it sure is shiny.Ive got about another two weeks frantic stuff then hopefully the trike is back on all i need is to scrape the pennies for the tube then my friend that is where you come in.Are we gonna bend the frame at the saddlebags shiny outlet or in one of your many lodgings?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2007, 12:48:33 PM »

Mr Bags, your frame will have to be done at your establishment I think. Any more stuff in Nige's garage & I'll get told to sling me 'ook! Will also be handy if we need any parts quickly knocked up while we're doing it!

harley gazz

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2007, 10:57:26 PM »

totaly stupid question  ::)but would it be possible to cut out the inside pattern and center with say errr a router Cheesy if so would ya after make up some kinda jig,was jus wonderin is all Wink

arc eye tha noo
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 27
  Print  

Jump to: