April 29, 2024, 11:59:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: The Minack Theatre  (Read 14667 times)
longboarder

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 10:14:16 PM »

Cornwall sounds good, could be up for that.
Done Scotland a few times not on bike or trike, Fort william, Cairngorms, Glenshee fantastic countryside although most of it was covered in snow hence why i was there  Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 10:25:31 PM »

I always go to Fort William in mid October. Usually still warm enough to sit on the beaches up there, but the tourists & midges have gone by then. Some fabulous riding roads but I've always been in a hire car. Found myself driving along imagining I was on the trike!
I was in Wales yesterday. Some very similar countryside, though the mountains aren't as impressive.
If you take a look at the photo gallery of the brooklands autojumble, there's a couple of shots of the Wellington bomber they're restoring. It was pulled out of Loch Ness.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 11:19:38 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 11:05:45 PM »

Maybe we should come up with a name for this first annual MMMotors road trip! Sounds like it'll be mainly trikes

If it's only 'mainly' trikes. maybe to collective term would be a 'Manky Monkey Miscellany'

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Nomad

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2006, 01:54:52 PM »

I would be up for this, please can we have a beer at the Red Barn on the seafront in Woolacombe, can we, can we?

If all around you are losing their heads, land your helicopter somewhere else.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2006, 04:47:57 PM »

Sounds good to me. Used to take my dog down there to play on the beach. Gorgeous place.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2006, 03:46:12 PM »

Are we nearly there yet?

Wink

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2006, 10:51:12 PM »

it was shown on tv last night, looked chill place to be. maybe with a beer and friends. not sure about the plays/opera though Smiley

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2006, 11:34:44 PM »

What programme Pete? -says the man without a TV. We going to arrange a run down there in the Spring then?

trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2006, 11:55:09 AM »

What programme Pete? -says the man without a TV. We going to arrange a run down there in the Spring then?

It was called "A Wild Cornish Summer" it was on Friday 22nd BBC2 at 7pm. Was same guy that did the harley ride across usa route 66 & a ride across europe on a new mz (was pleasantly surprised with their new streetfighter Shocked)

Ride down seems good  Grin
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 12:17:33 PM by trikerpete » Logged

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2006, 12:00:39 PM »

I'm up for it. Just let me build something to ride on first!

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2006, 08:12:29 PM »

I usually do a trip to Cornwall in the summer but I tend to go via odd out of the way places on my list of Landmarks for the RBR.

My best memory was standing alone on top of St Breock Downs above Wadebridge on a damp rainy day, taking a phot of a standing stone in the middle of a wind farm, surrounded by sheep. 

This summer I stayed in a Backpackers' hostel in Bude - very cheap (£12) very good, and great fun meeting all sorts of people!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2006, 09:54:43 PM »

Yeah, sometimes the best memories aren't the big spectacular things are they. Just little special moments.
Nice to see you back Bobbi. You've been quite lately Hon. How you been? Gertie still running O.K?

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2006, 09:42:50 PM »

Gertie is still running like a bag of sh*t but she'll have to carry on like that till, maybe November when I've done all this years' rallies, then kind Mr Toad will sort out the carbs for me.  And probably the electrix too - I missed the last Poole bike night cos the battery was flat again!

In spite of her problems, can still get her up to a respectable 70+, just have to work round the flat spots!   (And avoid putting her on full right lock with engine running, cos it obviously joins a couple of wires that shouldn't be joined!)

In his trucking days, Mike would have called it "driver compensation"

Grin

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2006, 09:48:13 PM »

That's just added "character"!
Toad'll have it fixed in no time I'm sure. I'm looking forward to a few trikey trips in the Spring. Massed ranks of 3 wheelers on the roads should make an impressive sight!

klogan45

« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2006, 06:59:13 PM »

What about St.Ives, really picturescew, or Port Isaac? May be a bit quiet at times but loads to see. Or even Newquay...real cool place great camp sites, holiday homes for rent etc?Huh Surfin' capital of somewhere or other.

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: