April 29, 2024, 10:37:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Monkey World adoption renewal time again  (Read 28873 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: September 22, 2010, 10:11:47 PM »

Those who've been here for a while will know that as a group, we sponsor a chimpanzee at Monkey World, the reknowned ape rescue centre down in Dorset. We've been doing our bit for 3 or 4 years now, sponsoring Micky. In return we get a photo, an adoption certificate, a quarterly newsletter & a group entry ticket which gives free entry to the park for up to 30 people. That's a once only thing -one visit per year as a group, so we try & organise a run down there at the end of April, before the rally/show season begins. The last Sunday in April, 2011 -put it in your diaries guys. Taz & I have also bought a paving slab engraved with the website logo, which is now part of a "Walk of Thanks" within the park.
It may have started out as a bit of a joke, picking a cause to back simply because it's monkey related, but we've raised nearly a thousand quid since we began & helping endangered species definitely ain't a joke. We're very proud of you guys.

http://www.monkeyworld.org/

So. To qualify for group adoption, we have to raise a minimum of £120 & this year's sponsorship expires on the 16th October, which gives us about 3 weeks.
As always, we don't want anyone to feel pressurised into taking part. It's an entirely voluntary thing & all we can offer in return for your money is a day out at MonkeyWorld for you & maybe your kids, depending how many people are free to go on the day.
If you'd like to make a contribution, we'll ask the same as previous years -£10 per person, but I'll say it again, please don't feel you have to get involved. Money's tight for everyone at the moment.
We'll start the list with 10 quid each from Taz & me. Anyone else want to step forward?

Taz
Manky        
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 09:37:07 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
terry t

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2010, 10:29:13 PM »

Those who've been here for a while will know that as a group, we sponsor a chimpanzee at Monkey World, the reknowned ape rescue centre down in Dorset. We've been doing our bit for 3 or 4 years now, sponsoring Micky. In return we get a photo, an adoption certificate, a quarterly newsletter & a group entry ticket which gives free entry to the park for up to 30 people. That's a once only thing -one visit per year as a group, so we try & organise a run down there at the end of April, before the rally/show season begins. The last Sunday in April, 2011 -put it in your diaries guys. Taz & I have also bought a paving slab engraved with the website logo, which is now part of a "Walk of Thanks" within the park.
It may have started out as a bit of a joke, picking a cause to back simply because it's monkey related, but we've raised nearly a thousand quid since we began & helping endangered species definitely ain't a joke. We're very proud of you guys.

http://www.monkeyworld.org/

So. To qualify for group adoption, we have to raise a minimum of £120 & this year's sponsorship expires on the 16th October, which gives us about 3 weeks.
As always, we don't want anyone to feel pressurised into taking part. It's an entirely voluntary thing & all we can offer in return for your money is a day out at MonkeyWorld for you & maybe your kids, depending how many people are free to go on the day.
If you'd like to make a contribution, we'll ask the same as previous years -£10 per person, but I'll say it again, please don't feel you have to get involved. Money's tight for everyone at the moment.
We'll start the list with 10 quid each from Taz & me. Anyone else want to step forward?

Taz
Manky        
terry t +1
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 06:53:59 AM by terry t » Logged
Simple Simon

Champion Air Rider

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 05:22:44 AM »

Count me in. A great cause and a brilliant day out. Grin

I will do it! I will do it! I will do it! I will do it! ........
well in a minute.. or... tomorrow..... OK maybe next week!
Clive

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 09:49:02 AM »

I'm in again!!!! Grin

Clive

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 12:05:50 PM »

I'm in again Andy will sort cash ASAP.

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
nabsim

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 12:28:21 PM »

And me, can we still do it with Paypal or are you using another method?

Cabman77

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 02:50:20 PM »

how do you want the money geezer? I`m in

..........and Joshua entered Jericho on his Triumph..............
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 05:19:46 PM »

And me!  You never know, I might even get along there for the run one day - it's all of 6 miles from mine!

So that's

Manky
Taz
Terry T (+1? - is that you or you plus 1?)
Simple Simon
Clive
Twisted Patience (Doc)
Nabsim
Cabman
BG

(Next person copy the list and add yourself on)

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
terry t

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2010, 05:46:20 PM »

Manky
Taz
Terry T + 1 = 2 in total
Simple Simon
Clive
Twisted Patience (Doc)
Nabsim
Cabman
BG
snafu

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2010, 06:17:02 PM »

Manky
Taz
Terry T + 1 = 2 in total
Simple Simon
Clive
Twisted Patience (Doc)
Nabsim
Cabman
BG
Snafu
renegade53

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2010, 09:02:27 PM »

i'll give you some dosh at the ssr picnic next week

afghanman

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2010, 09:21:08 PM »

fifteen € in the post to you tommorow andy.
Manky
Taz
Simple Simon
Clive
Twisted Patience (Doc)
Nabsim
Cabman
BG
Afghanman
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 09:23:08 PM by afghanman » Logged

pkdsculpture.moonfruit.com
Chevy Rick

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 09:26:34 PM »

Yes Andy count me in.
DIZZY

Ride it like you want it

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 09:41:31 PM »

Put us down too Dizzy n Jayne

Dizzy
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 10:16:48 PM »

Manky
Taz
Simple Simon
Clive
Twisted Patience (Doc)
Nabsim
Cabman
BG
Snafu
Afghanman
renegade53                that's brilliant guys. Very, very much appreciated.  Kiss
Chevy Rick
Dizzy & Jayne

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: