March 29, 2024, 12:21:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wheels Day.  (Read 3578 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: April 14, 2006, 11:19:14 PM »

Rainbow & I spent the afternoon here today. Well, I spent the afternoon drooling over all manner of automotive delights & she waited, (very), patiently while I photographed most of it.
120 photos & a quick write up to follow soon.
Warning: I'll be attemping to produce the Gallery at least unaided -without a safety net -so who knows what might happen.
Favourite bike -this gorgeous metalflaked Sportster on the Chops 'n' Bobbers stand. Favourite car -not sure. Far too many to choose from.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
critch

i love the smell of nitrous in the morning

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 01:32:07 PM »

that sportie rather nice manky
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 04:43:12 PM »

I take it that by 'today' you mean yesterday?  As Rainbow and I were eating chips on Poole Quay today!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 07:52:20 AM »

Hi Bobbi. Yeah, posted that at just gone midnight so yes, technically should've been "yesterday"! Was a damn good show. It's grown a lot since I last went. Janie & Dave Posties were there. We texted each other from opposite sides of the field but never met up. Doug from the Guzzlers was there, (STILL waiting for an update on their car club), Richard, the guy who's Pinto engined 100E & Zephyr I'm still chasing up, Marc & Phil, two V Dub driving Basingstoke Posties -loads of familiar faces. Thought maybe you'd have gone?

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 09:39:52 PM »

Sadly no wheels - well, got 4 wheels but.....

And I promised myself I would garden this weekend - my gartden's a jungle cos it hasn't had much done to it for 2 years cos of my leg - I plan to get it tidy this year and turn it back into a garden next year - the neighbours will be so relieved!

Then I got seduced into meeting Rainbow on Poole Quay Saturday. and went to BSB at Thruxton today (Monday)!

I did do a lot of gardening Fri and Sun tho.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 09:52:04 PM »

Saw some of the racing from Thruxton on the telly -my mate Simon's telly, not mine cos I don't own one. Looked like a good day.
Are you chapperoning Rainbow at the Celtic Warriors do next weekend?
We went to Wheels Day in her Corsa. I managed to post the Photo Gallery this morning with a little help from Yodie then he set up the logo & words. Think I've made a small mistake somewhere though cos the piccies seem to be coming up smaller than usual. Yodie! Help!!

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2006, 09:57:17 PM »

A)  I don't chapeone anyone - if anything it's the other way round!"

and
B)  I'm not going to the CW's cos I'm working and anyway I went once and while it was very impressive - and I saw Saxon live - it's really much too big a do for me, I like the little rallies, smaller the better!

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2006, 10:04:09 PM »

Yeah, know what you mean. I'm not into big festival type shows either. Never been to the Warriors' do but just don't fancy it for some reason. Rainbow's going with a crowd of her mates from UKBIKE forum. I'll be spending the weekend in the garage -nothing new there then.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 12:06:50 AM »

Spent a large part of my weekend at work - got so pissed off with all the problems there I felt like walking out and not going back!

Got 2 days off now but still no trike, the bloke who was going to look at it 'forgot' to phone me back - by the time he remembered I had booked it in somewhere else, with a very nice man who's busy but said he's fit it in.  Took it over on saturday and when I asked when I should phone about it he said "Well you'll be wanting it for Tuesday"  (Poole quay).  So I have high hopes!

He does all kinds of classy stuff but doesn't turn up his nose at an old GT trike!
X-Generation
Mind you I have watched him enjoying a rally...........   Wink
« Last Edit: April 24, 2006, 12:14:51 AM by BikerGran » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 10:27:06 AM »

A good mechanic is always nice to find, but one who actually does things when they say they will is priceless.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: