April 25, 2024, 02:05:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Basingstoke Transport Festival.  (Read 2876 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: March 03, 2006, 04:43:27 PM »

Sunday 14th May '06.
11am - 5pm. Free admission.
War Memorial Park, Crossborough Hill, Basingstoke, Hants.
Autojumble, live music etc.
Run each year by the Thornycroft classic vehicle society, this has really grown & is fast becoming one of the biggest gatherings of vintage & veteran transport of all types in the South. Owners' clubs of all descriptions, bikes, cars, buses, lorries, fire engines, army vehicles, traction engines -just about every wheeled conveyance imaginable is represented, often with dozens of each marque in attendance. For example, last year I counted no less than 4 original Model T Fords. How often do you see ONE running, let alone 4?
The Thornycroft Society were formed to preserve examples of the famous Thornycroft heavy lorrries, once a major employer in the town, & several of the huge Amazon, Atlas & Antar tank transporters will be there.
See Rallly/Show Photos for piccies of last year's event.   

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2006, 11:47:11 PM »

Drat!  Would be an ideal event to take my Maestro to - but I'll be in Cheshire at the NABD rally with the trike.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 12:41:56 AM »

I'll be at the NABD do on the Saturday -just for the day cos "Manky Don't Camp". Grin

Speedmaster

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 08:36:14 PM »

Drat!  Would be an ideal event to take my Maestro to - but I'll be in Cheshire at the NABD rally with the trike.

I had a Maestro a couple of years ago.  Nice car, 'cept the damn thing caught fire Angry
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2006, 08:36:40 PM »

What a pity!

I acquired the Maestro cos I neede an automatic and it was going free gratis to anyone who could  A) find a key for it and B) get it started and out of the garage.

The old lady had died, the car had been standing in the garage more than 2 years, and when she went a bit do-lally she'd thrown away the garage keys, car keys, and all the documentation!

So my mate Bob the RAC man told me to remove the barrel from one of the door locks and take it to a particulay locksmith who cut me a key to fit the barrel in a very few minutes and charged the grand sum of £7.  Then Bob came over and spent the whole of his lunch hour getting started - if we'd called a garage out they would have charged a fortune and prolly given up!

Anyway I have been very pleasantly surprised by what a nice car it is to drive - apart from haveing no power steering and no leccy windows that is.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 11:57:12 PM »

I've had two Maestros. One was written off when I hit a badger on the way to work, (I was on my way to work, not the badger, though he may well have been). Being hit by a Maestro certainly didn't do him any good. The other was written off when I hit a milk float. The only two vehicles on the road at 4.30 in the morning, the Milko & the Postie, & we managed to meet. His fault though!
Been driving a Skoda hire car all weekend. Electric windows, power steering etc. Then switched to Rainbow's little diesel Corsa tonight. Wind up windows, manual steering. Definitely notice the difference when you ain't got it!   

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: