April 29, 2024, 03:23:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Maestros in scrapyards  (Read 1135 times)
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« on: January 13, 2006, 11:05:56 PM »

There is an ever shrinking supply of parts for Austin/Rover/MG Maestros and Montegos, as many scrapyards now send them straight to the crusher - it's not worth their while to have them taking up space as there were never all that many of them made, and now there are not many on the road.

The Maestro & Montego Owners CLUB (of which I'm a member) and the TripleM forum (likewise) like to hear of any that are seen so that they can swoop in and buy the bits they need.

So if anyone sees any whilst perambulating any scrappys - I'd be very grateful if you'd PM me!

Better still, if you have a camera about your person at the time, a couple of phots would be wonderful!

Thanking you in advance.....   - I have such faith in you all!

Grin

I should add that my main form of transport this cold weather is a 1984 Austin Maestro 1.6 Auto - fondly known as Doris!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 11:08:07 PM by BikerGran » Logged

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 11:09:00 AM »

Will do Bobbi.
I had 2 Maestros & they were great cars. Very reliable -until I wrote them off, very roomy. I liked 'em. We use Metro handbrake levers on our trikes cos they look good, are easy to fit & have a fairly short travel. Looking for one for Rainbow's trike at the moment if anyone has one spare.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: