April 29, 2024, 10:34:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Pig drag race clip.  (Read 2815 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: January 13, 2006, 01:30:40 PM »

Yodie's just uploaded Steve's footage of a 144mph, 9.7 second run in his small block Chevy drag car, filmed from inside the car. Impressive stuff. Go to Motors 4 wheels or Miscellaneous & have a look. He's had to compress it quite a bit so the quality is down a little. I've got the original disc if anyone wants a copy.
Go on, go & have a look right now. Smiley 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 01:33:52 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
critch

i love the smell of nitrous in the morning

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 03:47:37 PM »

impressive............ Shocked
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 05:50:02 PM »

That's my big brother that is! Grin
He's looking for a very cheap Enfield India now for a little Bobber project.

critch

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 08:46:35 PM »

could possibly be able to help very tidy one (500) £1700ish....

me mate dave hes umming and ahhing about selling at the mo.....
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 10:37:32 PM »

thanks Critchy. Think he's planning a budget old style bobber so may be out of his price range but I'll pass on the info.

Desperate

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 05:55:06 PM »

Excellent bit of film. That's what got me on this site! Does he have any with the camera strapped to the front, looking back? (there was some at the start, with the engine ticking over...I'd love to see the 1/4 from that angle).

www.chrisireland.co.uk  THE DESPERATE DAN WEBSITE
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 09:03:31 PM »

I'll ask if he minds if we lash you to the front for his next outing!
So you didn't come here for the witty, errudite -Araldite? -conversation then? I'm hurt. Undecided
He reads this forum regularly but for some reason is too shy to post, although he does on the Wild Bunch's own site, (see the links page). If he doesn't get in touch I'll email him & see what got left on the cutting room floor. The first run was cut together from several different passes but the second was a single take. Ever tried dragging yourself Chris? Yoda enjoys drag -he likes to be called Shirley at weekends, (you think I'm joking don't you!), but that's a whole different story -& hopefully a different site. Just sitting in the stationary car, wedged into the roll cage, would be scary enough for me, let alone wrestling it down the track, but I'd love to be able to say I'd done it.

brock

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 11:54:52 PM »

Please allow me to introduce myself.....
   when goaded with a stick of the magnitude of Mr.Ireland even I will stir from my voyeuristic cyber perambulations to participate (and slip into fluent b*ll*cks apparently)
   Chris, thanks for the comments, I too have been touched by your work in the past, just tonight a mate e-mailed me details of a Goldwing he's looking at and asked if it "would trike", reply ?,just do a search for Lowlife then throw yourself in the canal, it can't be bettered.
   As for the video, the two regrets I have about it are not being able to fade the stones track back up to cover the silent bits and not being able to access the last two remaining clips that are trapped in a borrowed laptop somewhere in wildest Wiltshire. We had two runs with the camera bracketed right out beyond the front axle, absolutely brilliant stuff, if you listen to the motor after the finish gantry you will hear me hit it a couple of times and if you could have seen the missing footage you would see why, as the car gets off the tyres they wind up and then throw all four wheels up off the track, a tap of the throttle will stand them back up and straighten it up a bit, probably not good for the chassis but a hell of a ride. Next year we hope to have a  better camera and shoot with a view to the finished article rather than stitching together what we had.
   If you are passing the pit anytime stop in and say hello, kettles always on and there's beer in the fridge and plenty of rag and solvo to go round, goes for everyone here, we'd like to meet you.

Steve
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2006, 12:03:08 AM »

See. Told you he reads it. Not just a figment of my imagination after all!
When we going to get those new race car building instalments Steve?

Desperate

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2006, 10:55:54 PM »

Steve, that footage was excellent, and yes, I did notice the coupla big blips of the throttle at the end. And the big "Phew". And on the second run, rubbing your arse/back as if you'd just driven 300 miles. Brilliant stuff. It really was that bit of film that got me here.
And as for magnitude, I'm 5' 8". Thanks for the welcome, chaps & chapesses. And Steve, keep posting. You must have some good stories.

www.chrisireland.co.uk  THE DESPERATE DAN WEBSITE
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2006, 11:06:59 PM »

I'm gonna sulk now. Cry

critch

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2006, 12:52:56 PM »

he only loves you for your brothers car Grin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2006, 11:09:08 AM »

Story of my life mate Cry

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: