April 23, 2024, 09:06:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Airborne Custom Paint  (Read 5629 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: January 21, 2009, 12:01:03 AM »

Had an email from Clive, who's an airbrush artist today.
We've had a few guys joining the forum purely to use it as free advertising, which really ain't on. We fund the site from our own pockets & don't do so for the benefit of businesses.
Clive had a refreshingly honest approach though, so I thought What the hell, why not -& complimenting us never goes amiss!  Smiley
He wrote:

Hi there,

Sorry about the direct approach, but I came across your website, via a link from Pinstriping UK.

I am a new airbrush artist, just starting out in the custom painting scene and am 'trawling' for possible work!

My work can be seen at my website, www.airbornecustompaint.co.uk, and in addition to this work, I am always working on new ideas, and adding to the site as projects get completed. I am also about to go on a pinstriping course with Kris at PuK, to broaden my skills!

Please could you just keep me in mind if anyone in your club is looking for artwork to be done on their vehicles, no matter how small, as I am only down the road on the Basingstoke side of Andover in Picket Piece, Hants, (or will be from the beginning of Feb, we're in Middle Wallop at the moment)!

Many thanks for your time, and hopefully this will bring in more contact between us. By the way, what a top site!!!!!!!!!!!!

Clive Stevens
Airborne Custom Paint

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Clive

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 06:10:01 PM »

Many thanks MM for the invite to join this forum, and to 'advertise' myself for custom Airbrush needs that your members may require!

Just a little bit about myself!

Started airbrushing eight months ago, after attending a course with Beej Curtis, of Organic Image (and one of THE top airbrush artists in the country), and haven't been able to put my 'brush down since!!! In fact my first 'project' was to do the tank and panels on a 125 I've got knocking around the garage, with a sheared clutch lever (at the gearbox end!), in black with metal tears and snakeskin underneath! Nothing like starting at the deep end!

I've always got one project or another on the go, whether it be a guitar/surfboard/Radio controlled car, or just a practice panel!

On top of this I'm about to go off and learn to pinstripe, just to add to my skills!;D

Clive
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 06:28:33 PM by Clive » Logged

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 10:41:45 PM »

Got any photos of your work Clive?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Clive

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 10:48:53 PM »

Yes mate, there's loads on my website!!!! Cheesy

Clive

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 11:02:33 PM »

http://www.airbornecustompaint.co.uk

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
SteveRedd

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2009, 08:38:32 AM »

here clive ...that stuff ain't bad ....for a beginner  Grin

Growing up is Optional
Clive

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2009, 02:53:53 PM »

Cheers buddy! Well, that's what I am, a beginner! Grin

But determined to make this my 'job' in the long run, and looking for any jobs to practice on!!

Clive

Clive

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 07:13:19 PM »

Just to let everyone know, I've now got the opportunity to acquire Harley-Davidson 'tins', which can then be custom painted by 'moi' at reasonable rates!

Don't know how helpful this could be, and how many people on here are HD owners (I guess, not many), but it would mean that rather than having a bike off the road whilst it's being re-painted, you could now just replace the tins in a day!!

Clive

TwistedPatience

Teetering on the edge of insanity

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 07:19:34 PM »

Now that could be handy, as you know I have Harley tanks Grin

"It's time to raise the Finger,
That middle digit takes your point and drives it home"
tazet
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2009, 07:20:02 PM »

That's good and a lot of people use HD tanks for trike projects. Manky has and so have I got HD tanks. Can you get all ranges of tank or just certain styles?
Clive

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2009, 07:22:52 PM »

Should be pretty much the full range!

And meant to say that I should be able to get the stuff at trade prices!

Clive
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 07:52:26 PM by Clive » Logged

Clive

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 08:55:31 PM »

Voodoo has shamed me into the same offer (which would have happened anyway). That is, any paintjob quoted will have a 15% discount factored in for ALL MMM members!!!!!

Clive

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: