April 30, 2024, 04:09:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 85
  Print  
Author Topic: Tazet's 69 Dodge Charger.  (Read 244902 times)
tazet
« Reply #345 on: February 19, 2009, 07:53:21 PM »

Been doing lots of thinking and will probably stick with original front end and get it straightend now. With the cost of steel at the moment and the time etc I'm probably looking at not much in price to do this but I have to think for the future and although I have no intention of selling the car, if I had to then it would sell for more the more I can keep body and chassis original. It's a 40 year old car & they only made them for 8 years, so it'd be sacrilege to cut it up just for the sake of it.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 10:06:10 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #346 on: February 19, 2009, 08:05:44 PM »

well im rooting for yer Gal eithwer way Grin

More metal than skin
tazet
« Reply #347 on: February 19, 2009, 08:38:20 PM »

Thanks VB  Grin
Hillbilly Deluxe

i dont have an attitude ....maybe it's just you ??

« Reply #348 on: February 21, 2009, 04:07:34 PM »

Dang those crazy Duke boys  Grin

Original bodywork is best in my opinion,less hassle making things fit too.

tazet
« Reply #349 on: February 21, 2009, 06:24:56 PM »

Very true  Smiley
brock

« Reply #350 on: February 21, 2009, 09:13:00 PM »

Here's a similar sort of problem being solved. Paul has had this car for years, possibly fifteen, and it had been left to slowly decay, like they do. Last year he decided to do something with it, built himself a jig to hold all the critical points in the correct relationships and has started to rebuild the entire car panel by panel. New lower firewall, new chassis legs, inner wings, front valance, grille, slam panel, wings, the lot. Bit by bit, slowly with lots of measuring it can be done, he's going to fit the bonnet next to align all the front external panels and then fully weld all that has been done so far.   
brock

« Reply #351 on: February 21, 2009, 09:16:55 PM »

It's a 64 1/2 Mustang convertible,There were only 28,833 built , apparently, and that makes it worth doing ? I think the windscreen surround and dash and maybe the bit behind the rear seat will remain when it is done.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 09:19:52 PM by brock » Logged
panthershaun

« Reply #352 on: February 24, 2009, 08:23:13 PM »

Been doing lots of thinking and will probably stick with original front end and get it straightend now. With the cost of steel at the moment and the time etc I'm probably looking at not much in price to do this but I have to think for the future and although I have no intention of selling the car, if I had to then it would sell for more the more I can keep body and chassis original. It's a 40 year old car & they only made them for 8 years, so it'd be sacrilege to cut it up just for the sake of it.

Just a thought Taz, it may be better to keep the car original but if it is going to be cheaper to get the front tubed which means you can get the car on the road quicker/cheaper which also means you get to enjoy it quicker which in turn means you have freed up time to build something else forget that bit.
Its one thing keeping it all original but if its causing problems and delay's I'd vote go for the tube front and worry about selling it later, but that's me Roll Eyes I have no scruples  Wink Kiss

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
tazet
« Reply #353 on: February 25, 2009, 12:36:50 AM »

I've decided on original. I've made the call to John at JPC Restoration, now known as JC Restoration, and agreed to him doing the front end. He'll  just be straightening it and doing the bulkhead. With this he'll be fitting the hood, (bonnet), that I got from a friend, (originally owned by Dave2lanes), fitting the doors I got from Dave and the new wings. He needs to do those bits to make sure the car is straight when he fits the bulkhead. While it's there we'll have a clear up of the garage and try and get the engine put back together.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 09:35:10 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #354 on: February 25, 2009, 12:39:41 AM »

I was planning on spreading my trike parts all over the workshop while the car's out the way!  Tongue

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #355 on: February 25, 2009, 09:19:23 AM »

I was planning on spreading my trike parts all over the workshop while the car's out the way!  Tongue
whats happened to the forest clearing and the ramp to the second shed at home then Andy Grin

More metal than skin
panthershaun

« Reply #356 on: February 25, 2009, 05:04:03 PM »

Don't blame you Tazet, I'm always in a rush  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes and at the end of it you will have a far more marketable machine Grin

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #357 on: February 25, 2009, 06:08:56 PM »

VB, the ground we all cleared at the end of our garden last Summer is still water-logged from the Winter. We need a couple of tons of hardcore rubble spread over it before we can think about doing anything else with it. I'm handing back my rented garage in Basingstoke, so the shed's rapidly filling up with all the tools & spares. We need a bigger shed!   

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #358 on: March 02, 2009, 05:44:52 PM »

Got another new panel for the Charger now. Yesterday Taz & I spent a fruitful couple of hours at the annual National Street Rod Association swapmeet in Essex. Taz belongs to the Mopar Muscle Association forum & had arranged to meet up with some of the other members in the swapmeet carpark. One of them has very kindly donated -as in given for free a very nice condition bootlid, to replace our tatty one. It was couriered down to the Essex meet by another MMA member & we then lugged it home in the back of my little Fiesta. Good job it wasn't a bonnet or it'd never have fitted in my hatchback!
-not a moody workshop shot. Just taken by the light of my car headlights when we got home yesterday evening. 

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #359 on: March 02, 2009, 05:49:29 PM »

While we were at the swapmeet we bought another Charger for a fiver.
A 1/25th scale "General Lee". I suggested we heat it up & twist the chassis to match the real one, but Taz is going to put it together & paint it in grey as we plan to do with hers. 

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 85
  Print  

Jump to: