April 30, 2024, 07:00:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 85
  Print  
Author Topic: Tazet's 69 Dodge Charger.  (Read 244928 times)
tazet
« Reply #285 on: August 13, 2008, 08:00:33 AM »

I was contacted by someone on the MMA site last night who has wings and doors for sale, (he says they are mint). As he is in the UK it would make life a lot easier but would probably work out a similar cost to importing in the long run. Also as these parts are genuine then there should be no problem with the fit as sometimes the aftermarket stuff needs a little tweeking.
I haven't said yes to him yet as in theory I have sold my BMW  Cry and if all goes to plan then the guy is collecting it today with the cash. If all goes well then on Saturday we will go and get these parts and try and reduce our list of things needed in one hit. Anything left to buy will be ordered from America by the end of next week. So after today my main mode of transport will be a push bike while Manky is at work. Good job I live where I work.
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #286 on: August 13, 2008, 01:12:50 PM »

Good news then really Grin parts wise and try to think positive Grin there's lots of beemers about ive had 3, not that this helps but you will have such a better car later on Grin

More metal than skin
toad

« Reply #287 on: August 13, 2008, 02:37:47 PM »

dont be disheartened by the cost of rebuilding that engine i can get what they call refresh kits everythings in there mains b/ends rings gaskets oil pump etc there not that expensive and if ya get a pack o jaffa cakes and keep me fed with coffee i,ll come over and build it for ya! Wink

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
tazet
« Reply #288 on: August 13, 2008, 02:56:42 PM »

Yes VB I love my beemer but you are right I WILL have a better car in the end. Shame the end is a long way off but at least I will be fitter as I will have to walk or cycle to work now.

Toad when can you come over. The jaffas are on order  Grin Of course we will water and feed you. Any help would be greatly appreciated  Grin
mattyk

« Reply #289 on: August 13, 2008, 03:19:27 PM »

how cool looks like a good project to take on cant wait ta see it finished good liuck Smiley Smiley Smiley
tazet
« Reply #290 on: August 13, 2008, 03:41:25 PM »

Nor can I and thank you.

Well that's that. The BMW has just driven out of here for the last time by it's new owner.  Cry
toad

« Reply #291 on: August 13, 2008, 03:48:15 PM »

Yes VB I love my beemer but you are right I WILL have a better car in the end. Shame the end is a long way off but at least I will be fitter as I will have to walk or cycle to work now.

Toad when can you come over. The jaffas are on order  Grin Of course we will water and feed you. Any help would be greatly appreciated  Grin
i,ll price up the kit what it costs me is the same to you. i,ll dig my mics etc out and pop over one day to see if it will get away with said kit Cheesy

IF IT AINT RED AND WHITE IT AINT RIGHT
tazet
« Reply #292 on: August 14, 2008, 06:30:17 PM »

Great thank you so much Toad.

One of the guys on the MMA site, (Julian), is coming over tonight in his Charger to have a look at mine. When he got his it was just as bad as mine, (he may change that when he sees it) and he was told to scrap it and not to bother with it. Well he didn't listen and is now buzzing about quite happily sticking two fingers up to those that said it couldn't be done. He will be bringing along the guy that did all the welding on his car so I'm hopeful that between him, Julian, goforest, Toad, Manky and myself, (and some others I'm sure), we WILL get this shed on the road.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #293 on: August 14, 2008, 06:33:31 PM »

Let's get this show shed on the road!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
tazet
« Reply #294 on: August 15, 2008, 07:44:22 AM »

Well I'm so much more positive now. Julian did come over last night with 2 of his mates and it was quite funny seeing how a charger will fit in the parking with our cottage. I would have to park where there is a gap in the trees as it's sooo long it took up quite a bit of space lol. It also just fitted through the arch that you have to go under to get to the cottage but at least it all fitted. We went down to see my Charger and compared to what his was like mine is no worse, just in different areas. One of the wings is saveable which goforest also said but the other is not worth it as there is too much damage so I'll get one wing. We also came up with a plan for the bulkhead. Julian has a bonnet that he bought off Dave, (twolanes), which I can use to get the chassis jigged as mine is possibly mendable but will have to see on that. The drivers door we are getting off of Dave and the passenger one will be fixed. They were quite impressed by how solid the rest of the flooring was and except the front of the floor as there is none. They also know a guy who can shotblast on site and is not that expensive, (under £1000). So will get his number and go from there.
So plan of action.
Get door from Dave,
Get wing from Duncan,
Order some parts from Pascal in Belgium, (we got the bulkhead from him)
Order some parts from Jacks auto parts in America
Find someone with a jig willing to do the work.
Get it shot blasted
Get chopping and welding.

The guys have said they will come back and help when it's time to start chopping it up. I'm so lucky I'm surrounded by great people on here and at home  Wink and apreciate every little help everyone gives even if it's just words on here it's all help. Thanks everyone  Grin

The shed will live  Grin
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:36:46 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged
panthershaun

« Reply #295 on: August 15, 2008, 10:49:18 AM »

good news Tazet Grin Grin Grin

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
tazet
« Reply #296 on: August 15, 2008, 05:42:27 PM »

Even better news. We have a guy called Paul Bateman who comes and does various welding thigs at work and I have heard that he can weld anything and I mean anything. Anyway I gave him a ring this morning to see if he has a plasma cutter, which he has. he said he would bring it down and whoever is doing the rear quarters he will guide them to use it. Great, fantastic. Then after more talking on the phone it turns out he was very well known on the Mopar circuit 30 years ago but got rid of everything when he got married etc but now he has bought something, (can't remember what), but it has a 440 in it and he may change it to a Hemmi. "So what you doing with the 440?", says I and he said he would sell it and I said "oh! I might just be interested". He gave me a rough price over the phone which sounded good to me but didn't agree as he hasn't decided yet. Note, it's a running engine and I can go and hear it if I want. Paul knows loads of people and all very local including someone who can help with importing stuff. He was also to blame for Chris with the Viper drag car as it was Paul who got him going and apparently Chris still has his first car locked up and refuses to sell it. Anyway Paul has said he will come and have a look at the car, (not sure when). It's amazing everything just seems so much more hopeful now and not as bad as I thought things were going to be.
All I have to do is find someone with a jig.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 10:32:41 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged
tazet
« Reply #297 on: August 21, 2008, 11:03:14 PM »

Paul did come and look at the car and was not too impressed with the work needed so guess he's out. He had a look at the engine bits and said they looked ok at a glance so that's a bonus. Down side to the 440 he has is that is not actually in a car it's one that he may use. He said it turns over by hand but he has never heard it running. Think I'll stick with the one I have for now then.
I phoned a Coachworks company in Odiham, Hants and the guy was much more on my level of thinking and sounded great, plus he has a jig on site. He'll give me a call next week to arrange a time to come and have a look and give me some quotes, so fingers crossed on that one.
Super bonus is Dave, (Twolanes). Manky and I went over to his place in Mitcham last night as he had some parts to sell me. Well Manky's poor little Fiesta has never been so full. We got 2 doors for the Charger in fantastic condition, a front valance, exhaust manifolds for a 383/440 engine and some shiny bits for Manky's pop.
Dave, we love you  Kiss thanks a million  Grin

Yellow rusty bit is my old front valance, (the panel under the front bumper). Red one's Dave's replacement.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:38:14 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged
tazet
« Reply #298 on: August 21, 2008, 11:04:01 PM »

Dave previously lent the doors out to be used for fibreglass moulds and they put filler in the silliest of places. They filled all the holes that the interior trim locates in and others. So who ever has the fiberglass ones won't know where everything bolts on to. Anyway they are filler free apart from that and I'm so chuffed with them 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:38:58 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged
tazet
« Reply #299 on: August 21, 2008, 11:04:31 PM »

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 08:39:34 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 85
  Print  

Jump to: