April 30, 2024, 05:01:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodwood Cafe  (Read 4855 times)
Chevy Rick

« on: February 10, 2008, 06:36:11 PM »

Cool Here we are early February and biking weather,set off for a ride to Goodwood Cafe, took the coast road M27 to Chichester turned inland for a mile, what an impresive sight the gates to the new Rolls Royce factory, and just up the road Goodwood Race Track, on entering the gate your faced with a narrow tunnel through to the other side turn left and into the car park where all types of transport can be found from BMW Iseta bubble car to a Green Label Bentley and Light Aircraft with of course lots of bikers. dotted around the grounds are various memorials and bronze statues pictured Mike Hawthorne racing driver and Douglas Bader Fighter Pilot. The cafe has plenty of seating inside and out where you can watch light aircraft take off and land, as well as being entertained by the cars on a near by skid pad, there is a large menu from burgers to full roast dinner at a very reasonable price, i can well recommend the food and service. Grin

« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 07:17:06 PM by Chevy Rick » Logged
Chevy Rick

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 06:38:48 PM »

« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 06:42:14 PM by Chevy Rick » Logged
VALLEYSBOY

sheep shagger

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 08:09:33 PM »

thats looks like a good day out is it a wkly/mthly thing or once a yr thing?

More metal than skin
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 09:26:25 PM »

Never been there Rick. Looks nice. Perfect destination for a ride out.
I'll have the Bentley please.  Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
tazet
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 09:46:19 PM »

Yes looks like a lovely day out and you had wonderful weather to go with it.
Chevy Rick

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 05:34:16 PM »

Huh Hi VB seems like an all the year round thing except when there is an event there, i just heard about the cafe third hand so took a run up there to investigate with a couple of mates, the sort of place you could drop in on for a meal break then head for the coast (Brighton Bognor Hayling Island Portsmouth).
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 09:01:27 PM »

I went there one year I did the Round britain Rally - Douglas bader statue was one of the landmarks.  Didn't finsd the cafe though, back then I was a bit shy about poking around - now I'd just ride around till someone told me not to!

« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 09:53:28 PM by BikerGran » Logged

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Chevy Rick

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 09:42:24 PM »

The cafe is in the building next to the plain with 43 on it looks like the plain might be a static display.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: