April 29, 2024, 03:23:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: lymington (new Forest)  (Read 12598 times)
yoda
Administrator

« on: July 18, 2005, 12:50:35 PM »

Recommended via email

http://www.newforest-online.co.uk/nfol-villages/lymington/thingstodo.shtm

nice people here. can get free tea/coffe at our place, must be booked ahead
via my moblie. possibly assist with some basic bike/trike repairs, for donation to N.A.B.D

http://www.bikerlifestyle.co.uk
a saveloy of the first order
A self propelling luggage cappacity system
Officially a lady of the night
owner of 'Yoda's magnificent emporium of snappingness'
and light bulb mogul of the Midlands
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 02:15:44 PM »

This came in from Triker Pete, a most genial aquaintance & all round good egg. Lives a stone's throw, (a very small light stone), from the harbourside in Lymington & owns a V Dub trike, piccies of which will be here somewhere soon in the Motors section. Hurry up & write me a feature Pete, or at least a spec sheet. And dig out those old drag racing photos.  Smiley
If you fancy a day at the coast & a free cuppa email me for Pete's mobey number. I'm told he does a mean barbeque too.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 09:56:03 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
trikerpete

like a head with a sore bear :)

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 08:42:44 PM »

another place not too far from Lymington. The Red Shoot Inn at Linwood in the New Forest. Spring/Summer sees plenty of bikes/trikes there on a Sunday afternoon. They have their own campsite as well as some rather splendid real ales so you can eat/drink & be merry without having to worry about riding under the influence, hic/burp Wink Tongue Grin

what do you mean, I cant do that !! Smiley
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 10:37:18 PM »

Looks good. Is that your tricycle there Pete? And young Emma on the right? I'm sure I've seen mention of The Red Shoot somewhere else recently but can't think where -damn this goldfish memory of mine!

trikerpete

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2006, 09:55:08 PM »

hi andy, yes that is/was my trike. it'll look alittle different next time me & emily go to the redshoot. my trike is due to be back on the road for april, fingers crossed Smiley

wizzkitt

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2006, 10:22:31 PM »

Is that Pete of the infamous Roobarb-like shed?

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2006, 11:16:32 PM »

The very same. The one I'm hoping is going to write us some Tales from the Shed soon. Yodie keeps telling me we need some instructional pieces on basic bike maintainance & use of tools, (!), & Pete's got the biggest collection of tools in the World. How to use a welder, (maybe I could learn something!). a pipe bender, basic sheet metal work etc. Still waiting for my brother Steve to send in a piece on his wonderous plasma cutter too, (hint, hint).
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 11:47:08 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

wizzkitt

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 11:19:55 PM »

Aha, I believe I am to blame for the Roobarb-shed connection as I went off on a flight of Roobarb-inspired fancy when writing up one of his trikes in Readers Rides two or three years ago... I think he took every offence because every communication we've had from Pete since has been addressed to Stu and not me! Shocked

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 11:51:34 PM »

I watched Roobarb on telly recently -I don't own a TV but Rainbow's got several. I'd forgotten just how surreal it was!

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2006, 01:17:46 AM »

I know lots about tools!

Tools

AIR COMPRESSOR - A machine that takes power from an oil-fired power station 200 miles away and transforms it into compressed air that travels by hose to an impact wrench that grips rusty bolts last tightened 30 years ago in Birmingham and rounds them right off.
BATTERY ELECTROLYTE TESTER - A handy device for transferring sulphuric acid from a battery to the inside of your toolbox after verifying that your battery is deader than a doughnut, just like you thought.
E-Z OUT (BOLT & STUD EXTRACTOR) - A tool that snaps off in threaded holes and is 10 times harder than any known drill bit.
HACKSAW - One of a family of cutting tools based on the Ouija Board Principle: It takes human energy into a crooked unpredictable motion, the more you try to influence it's course, the more dismal your future becomes.
HAMMER - Formerly a weapon of war, this device is now used to locate expensive pieces and body parts near the object we were trying to hit.
PHILLIPS SCREWDRIVER - Traditionally used to stab the lids on old style paper and tin oil cans in order to splash and ruin our favourite shirts, this device is now relegated to rounding heads on Phillips screws.
PLIERS - Used to round off bolt heads.
MOLE GRIPS - Used to round off bolt heads when pliers won’t do the trick. Also used to transfer the intense heat of welding to the palm of your hand.
SCREWDRIVER - Used to open beverage containers, can also serve as a chisel. Works well for removing skin from hand as well as making random gouges in other things.
WIRE WHEEL - Cleans rust and corrosion from old bolts and flings them somewhere under the workbench at the speed of light. Also good for removing fingerprints (from fingers).

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2006, 09:59:03 AM »

Heh heh! I'll ask Yodie to add that to the Trike Tech section. Grin

trikerpete

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2006, 03:47:48 PM »

Aha, I believe I am to blame for the Roobarb-shed connection as I went off on a flight of Roobarb-inspired fancy when writing up one of his trikes in Readers Rides two or three years ago... I think he took every offence because every communication we've had from Pete since has been addressed to Stu and not me! Shocked

NO offence taken at all, it has become a bit of a catchphrase for me Wink Grin                      So my other letters/emails did reach Stu then, I thought they had gone into his black bottomed bin as i'd not had any replies Smiley dont know why i still buy that magazine although ive asked my self to answer 55,000 reasons why i shouldnt. keep up the good work Kiss

wizzkitt

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2006, 06:39:25 PM »

Anything addressed to Stu tends to end up on or under his desk, which is officially acknowledged to be the black void of doom. Best to send stuff addressed to me because at least I lose things prettily. Smiley

Desperate

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2006, 04:01:05 AM »

Trikerpete, I sympathise with you. I've now totally given up trying to contact BSH. Tried Email. Tried a PM to Blue on other sites. Wrote a letter. Even spoke to the berk that answers the 'phone. Never even got the courtesy of a reply saying "F*ck off, we're not interested". And I have a number of articals sitting here. Dunno if they think I'm after free advertising? I shut my shop 6 years ago!!!

www.chrisireland.co.uk  THE DESPERATE DAN WEBSITE
wizzkitt

« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2006, 11:05:41 AM »

I'd asked Stu to contact you on numerous occasions - I'm fairly certain he still has a letter from you sitting on his desk. I don't know what else to do other than nail his feet to the floor, cable tie his arms to the chair and hold a phone to his ear. Although there are times when that's a tempting idea...

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: