April 19, 2024, 05:30:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hogs Back cafe.  (Read 5198 times)
tazet
« on: October 15, 2007, 11:10:04 PM »

So many people ask is it open or closed. Ok most times I go past it is closed but today Manky and I saw it open and had to get evidence for those that never see it open. It would be a fantastic place for bike/trike/car meets, (wouldn't it Janie  Wink )

twistgrip

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 11:03:03 AM »

Oh, happy memories, Dad driving the BSA M20 ( fitted with 10:1 piston ), me perched on the back and mum and baby sister ensconced in a delapidated sidecar
Those were the days when we used to stop for a tea-break on the journey down from Kingston.
That same bike took as down to Hayling Island  a few times - Can't remember the hill, but every year, me and dad had to get off the bike and walk beside it as it chugged up the hill in 1st gear!
Good to see the cafe still exists sadly, neither the M20 or the old folks exist.

Regards
David
cunningplan

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 09:15:09 PM »

Huh http://www.pinkuk.com/listings/venue.aspx?id=2262  Roll Eyes

LOOK I just done a yahoo search to see where it was  Embarrassed
Hagar

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 10:01:13 PM »

LOOK I just done a yahoo search to see where it was  Embarrassed

So all your leather gear and the big moustache are just a coincidence   .......   Grin  Grin

..........  " It's fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A "  .......    Grin

..  Hagar  ..   Grin

" When you have to kill a man , it costs nothing to be polite. "  .. Winston Churchill
Chevy Rick

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 11:09:57 PM »

Yes Tazet, Janie and myself tried hard to find information for the lease of this Cafe having past it many times with it being closed, then drove past about the same time as your garden clearance and suprise suprise it was open. Called in the next time passing was not impressed with the food menu and just had a cupa, it was very very greasy spoon and so was the guy serving shame Sad
Plainy Janie

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 03:04:47 PM »

Still looking for somewhere to open one day.  Hey Rick, if you're still interested, Colboy wants to be part of it too! Nice to have support.  Wink

The Old Manor Cafe is now on Facebook.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: