April 28, 2024, 04:54:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The new Manky Mobile 2.  (Read 1574 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: September 16, 2005, 06:59:54 PM »

"The new Manky Brothers Mobile. It's got a crap motor, crap tyres, crap suspension, crap brakes. Whadya think?"
Picked up this '79 XS1100 Yam for 400 quid today. It was leant against the wall in the workshops of Valley Gas Speed Shop in Newbury, Berks. No MOT or tax, battery's buggered so has to be jump started -why didn't they fit a kick start like all the other XSs? Revs very high & won't tick over properly. Engine makes a few odd rattles but no smoke. But boy did it make me grin! Rode it the 17 miles back to Basingstoke. Straight out of the shop, onto the dual carriageway, 80+. ooh, I love the bark from that tiny chrome car tail pipe "silencer"! A proper hooligan bike! Lots of fun.
So. What to do with it? My mate, StreetFighter Phil, followed me back & was very interested in buying it off me, (same price. I'm not that mercenary!). Was just too tempting to ignore but will just be left in the garage till I feel like playing with it if no-one else wants it.
I fancied a 4 into 1 pipe running high down the right hand side, new seat, the Sportster tank my mate's got in his shed to emphasise the width of the engine, A few odds & ends from Kris & Doro's new bike shop -Bates headlight, decent tail light, rubber grips & pegs, maybe big wide "beach bars", new seat, fork gaiters. Blow it over in matt army green with a white star on the tank, green or black wheels, green bars & headlight shell. Mmm, mmm, mmm!
Or maybe a radical hardtail? Monoshocked 'fighter? ...trike?

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 07:00:43 PM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 07:01:34 PM »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: