April 19, 2024, 03:03:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving up North.  (Read 12952 times)
Olds

« on: February 07, 2019, 06:52:50 AM »

It seems, as long as all goes to plan, we will be moving up North in May. Not far North but to a pretty little village near Stratford-upon-Avon.

Think the nearest monkey I know, will be Merv. Anyone here from the Alcester/Stratford area ?

House is much smaller (there's just the two of us now) but it does have a larger garage, with a room over and a mechanics pit etc.  Grin

Now the hard part starts. A 40 year collection of junk, spares, materials, tools and vehicles, that I need to sort through and  either dump, sell or arrange to get moved.  Might need a skip or two. Undecided
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 08:27:19 AM by Olds » Logged

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 09:13:46 AM »

The very best of luck with it Dave & shout if you need a hand please.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
poprodder

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2019, 11:58:41 AM »

good luck dave.

but north? thats west midlands!!!!  lol

minimutly

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 04:30:31 PM »

Fingers crossed for yaw Cheesy
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2019, 12:54:19 AM »

Any particular reason for moving up there, or just fancied a change?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Olds

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 06:24:52 AM »

Thanks folks.
Andy.  Will keep that in mind. You may regret the offer.

Well it's north of here. . A brass family plaque in a local church is dated 1628, so we've been in this area a while. Perhaps it's time for a change  Smiley

Bobbie.  Time to downsize and both our kids have settled up there. One in Worcestershire, t'other in Warwickshire and while we won't be local to either of them, we will be a lot closer. Not sure if that's such a good thing but the wife seems to think so. Wink

JayJay

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 12:17:37 AM »

All the best Olds on the move. There are some lovely places around that way. I was there a few years ago when I visited the Bard and then went to Welford to see the Maypole and to see where my Mum lived, as she was brought up for a time by an Aunt and Uncle who lived there. Still a very pretty village. From what you've said, that sounds fairly close to where you are going.

Can you take your forge? Anyway, have fun packing.  Undecided  Cheesy

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Olds

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 10:23:45 AM »

Thanks JJ.  It's about 5 miles north of Welford-on-Avon.
Will be taking the forge and hope to get permission (conservation area) to rebuild and convert an old outhouse that's falling down into a small smithy.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 10:51:34 AM by Olds » Logged

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 09:28:30 PM »

Bobbie.  Time to downsize and both our kids have settled up there. One in Worcestershire, t'other in Warwickshire and while we won't be local to either of them, we will be a lot closer. Not sure if that's such a good thing but the wife seems to think so. Wink
  I think it's an excellent reason - not only because it's great to be nearer to them, but I can't imagine how I'd have coped when Mike broke his hip, if one of my daughters hadn't lived close enough to speed to the rescue!  And I very much wish the other daughter wasn't so far away, in Southport!

It's a great area to live in as well, easy access to lots of varied countryside, the NEC, etc.  Hope it all goes well!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Olds

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2019, 09:23:17 PM »

Thanks BG.

Had a removal company round today and surprisingly they weren't at all phased by what we want moved. Household, contents of sheds, forge, anvils, lathe, pillar drill, engine crane, steel stock, etc. etc. Best bit is, they will also move the trike and the bikes. God only knows how much it's going to cost, but getting one company to do the lot in one move would save a lot of hassle.
The clear out is well under way. It's been 35 years since these shelve were last empty.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 04:32:38 AM by Olds » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2019, 03:48:23 PM »

You realise it'll take 5 years to get everything back the way you like it again in the new place? Smiley

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2019, 07:26:28 PM »

I'm envious dave..good luck mate

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
JayJay

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2019, 02:14:29 AM »

Thanks BG.

Had a removal company round today and surprisingly they weren't at all phased by what we want moved. Household, contents of sheds, forge, anvils, lathe, pillar drill, engine crane, steel stock, etc. etc. Best bit is, they will also move the trike and the bikes. God only knows how much it's going to cost, but getting one company to do the lot in one move would save a lot of hassle.
The clear out is well under way. It's been 35 years since these shelve were last empty.

God only knows what your new neighbours will think when the removers start emptying the trucks out at the other end! Cheesy

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Olds

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2019, 06:25:15 AM »

Grin
I was thinking that myself. Cheesy
The previous owner was an old engineer who was into cars, hence the garage and pit. His daughter accepted our offer and gave us time to sell, despite having a no chain, cash purchase offer, because I reminded her of him.
So perhaps it won't be such a shock for the neighbours.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2019, 02:53:56 PM »

Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: