April 28, 2024, 09:10:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: rear lights  (Read 1779 times)
klogan45

« on: January 23, 2007, 08:13:25 PM »

HI Guys, can anyone tell me what lights I need for the rear of the trike and where they have to be positioned. Its a yam 535 virago conversion. I'm using a reliant rear axle, standard size.
I've had a look through the forum but could'nt find anything, either its nit there or i've missed it Embarrassed
I'm sure that I need two forward facing white marker lights. I know that i need indicators and combined (or seperate) tail and stop lights.
Will the indicators and stop/tail light that is already fitted be ok bearing in mind that the axle is 52 inches wide then the wheels are about 7 inches wide, or will I have to fit new ones, if so I'm thinking that i'll fir them on the mudguards. Do I need to look for any marks on the light that will tell me that they are 'up to standard'
Thanks for the help that i'm sure I'll get.
Regards
K

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
ByzMax

Choppit

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 10:04:41 PM »

General Trike lighting info

You must have!!!!

Headlamp. (dipped and main beam) Flat pattern or dipped down on the right. Careful when buying one to ensure that it's not dipped to the left and raised on the right.

Stop a tail lights (Red Only)  x2

Indicators/Hazard lights (Amber/ Yellow) x4

Forward facing marker lights. (White is preferable) x2 

Number plate light (White) x1

Excluding the headlamp all lights must be at least 350mm above the ground level and no more than 1,500mm above ground level. They must be within 400mm of the outer edge of the vehicle at it's widest point.

You can use any lights that you like as long as the perform to the same sort of standard as approved (ce marked or eu approved jobbies)

Forward facing indicators and marker lights can be mounted at the rear (ie near the rear wheels)

You must have have idiot lights for lights on and mainbeam. If you cannot see your indicators flashing  in front of you (ie they are mounted near the rear wheels) then you must have an idiot light for them  too!!!!

You do not need a fog lamp!!!

You will need reflectors (I put a couple of bicycle ones on and take em off after)

Hope that helps

Ironic that the homeless persons drink of choice is Tennants eh?

http://www.choppit.co.uk
klogan45

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 04:10:21 PM »

Thanks Byz very detailed spec, just what I needed. U R the Byz  Grin Grin

Confucius say woman who flies upside down has crack up!

He who holds The Angle Grinder of Destiny holds the fate of bikekind in his hands.

Where did that 13mm spanner go then?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: