April 19, 2024, 05:17:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Yamaha xj650  (Read 7330 times)
minimutly

« on: March 19, 2018, 10:40:25 PM »

Quick update on the xj project - bought as a non running, semi complete project. I went for it as a parts mule for a future xj turbo trike, but it's so close to running again I had to try.
So I have bought and stripped two sets of 32mm mikunis (the wrong carbs for the 650, but will persevere with them). Also bought some controls, and have hooked a battery on and spun it over.
If the weather improves I'll get back on it later this week.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 10:43:19 PM »

Photos! We need photos! Smiley

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
minimutly

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 11:36:56 PM »

Sorry Andy, I've given up - can't reduce them enough to post them up...
Still faffing about with stuff that almost fits - rh bar switch came today - looks like it would work but one of the plugs doesn't go into its socket. No biggy, I'll just have to use individual bullet connectors. I also need to use the ignition coils from my trike, but kawaski use different lt connectors, so I'm contemplating bying a set of new ones.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2018, 04:40:58 PM »

Smiley
It's that slow Chinese Torture of nothing fitting as it should, little things breaking, unobtainable parts etc that drives me nuts, but I guess if it was easy, everyone would be doing it!

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2018, 05:02:19 PM »

Any chance the new website improvements ? Will allow easier photo uploads Andy ?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2018, 07:29:38 PM »

I'll certainly try, but the forum runs completely separately from the main site & is just linked to it, (that's why it's still running when we had to make the main site static to fix the virus we contracted a few years ago).
If we set up a new forum everyone will have to re-register & we'd lose all the information stored here.
For those wondering what Steve's talking about, I'm planning to rebuild & relaunch the main site as soon as my truck's finished -it'll be the next project Smiley

Baychimp

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2018, 09:07:04 PM »

Any chance the new website improvements ? Will allow easier photo uploads Andy ?

Try fast image resizer. You can get it free on Download.com its very easy to use.
stinkey

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2018, 10:16:42 PM »

I've got image resized on my old iPad..it's useless ,same as me ? Undecided

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2018, 11:31:33 PM »

For anyone using Microsoft software, then Office Picture Manager is simple to use and will resize....anything, Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2018, 11:41:55 PM »

I have MS Office picture manager on my old PC but it doesn't resize multiple pics at the same time.  And I don't think there's a picture handling program at all in Office 365 which is the latest version that I have on my laptop.

https://www.digitalred.com/support/windows/image-resizing/

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2018, 11:47:56 PM »

Well Windows 7 certainly has, and is just one of the reasons why I continue to use it over Win.10 which I'm not so keen on. As to multiple re-sizing, probably not, but as that's something I rarely do, not a problem for me, Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
the coppersmith

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2018, 08:53:35 AM »

There is plenty of free software out there, someone on here told me to use "photorazer" used it ever since, no problems resizing, and quick to.
minimutly

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2018, 06:34:22 PM »

Not found anything that will work on ipad...
If anyone has, pls let me know. I'm not so impressed if I'm honest.
stinkey

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2018, 08:51:05 PM »

I downloaded Simpleresizer..it works to a point? But my iPad is old..and I find every picture seems to be different ? And this site only let's me download what it wants ?

scannerzer

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2018, 09:25:31 PM »

if you can upload to google photos then link to that i think should work,in a similar way to how photobucket did
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: