April 20, 2024, 04:02:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer?  (Read 3183 times)
morrag

Carpe diem!

« on: March 13, 2018, 06:22:36 PM »

The sun has shone, and the temperature climbed to a staggering....10.5 Deg.C in sunny S.W.Wales this afternoon, so winter cloak off, "Trumpet" emerged, and off we went for a short early spring jaunt, lovely....made me feel...well if not young again, at least a little younger Grin Grin Grin Grin..Morrag..ps Mr M. "this old. Brit Twin started 2nd kick!! so much for modern Nippon equivalents! Cool

Beware the Ides of March, But!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 06:51:11 PM »

I'm out walking along a local canal towpath as we speak. Finished work this afternoon in glorious sunshine so nipped home, got changed & drove over to the canal. Now it's pitch black & I've just very nearly fallen in as I head back to the car.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
the coppersmith

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 08:39:07 PM »

The other half dragged me into the City, lovely clear sunny day. Ideal for carrying her bags etc. She did buy lunch in way of recompense.   Grin Grin  and I used my bus pass, first for everything 
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 09:46:53 PM »

Smiley Age has it's compensations then.

Baychimp

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 11:01:55 PM »

Not many Andy. I would rather be young again. Cheesy Cheesy
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 12:15:37 AM »

It is said that age is all in the mind! but my mind is the same age...bloody old!! I hate it..... Roll Eyes

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 08:01:16 AM »

To be young again knowing what you know now ?
It's been mild here for a few days now..

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 10:16:02 AM »

Old age has nothing to recommend it - except when you consider the alternative.......

Can't remember who said it, that's one of the downsides of age!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 11:43:39 AM »

I'd say I'm more confident now than when I was a teenager. No longer care what anyone thinks of me! Don't allow girls to walk all over me in the hope they'll like me, don't worry about looking good or being cool or being part of the "in" crowd. I'd like the energy & enthusiasm of youth, but that's about all.

morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2018, 12:01:24 PM »

Grin Grin..I like that BG!!.and I haven't been part of the "in crowd" since 1957 Mr. M!! probably not even then! Shocked Shocked
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 12:03:22 PM by morrag » Logged

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2018, 08:31:16 PM »

Google is wonderful!

"Quote Investigator: There is evidence that Maurice Chevalier did deliver this comical line by 1959; however, the quip was already in circulation. The earliest citation located by QI was published in 1952 in a Long Beach, California newspaper. The columnist did not provide an ascription and stated that the phrase was already in use"

"“I kept thinking of a remark Maurice Chevalier once made when someone asked how it felt to be 71,” said Mr. Goren the other day. “He said, ‘Wonderful, when you consider the alternative.'”

Now that jogs my memory - I saw this on TV and what he actually sad was "not bad when you consider the alternative".

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: