April 25, 2024, 11:01:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Wheels Day 2018 - Good Friday 30th March  (Read 3784 times)
Tony oily bike

« on: December 09, 2017, 12:51:47 PM »

At time of posting, Registration for Wheels Day is open, but will close 1st March 2018 for individual cars.

http://www.surreystreetrodders.com/wheelsday/

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Tony oily bike

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 11:42:53 AM »

Pics from 2017 courtesy of SteveToxic (just in case you weren't aware of the event.......)

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/43019611@N07/sets/72157679393479523/

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
JayJay

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 09:24:50 PM »

Just bumping it up as it is not far away.

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
terry t

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2018, 06:36:36 PM »

If your going to this please read..

*** ATTENTION ALL SSR MEMBERS AND PEOPLE ATTENDING WHEELSDAY ***
Due to a burst pipe under the hill on site coupled with the terrible weather we have had leading up to the show, the show field is heavily water logged. We have spent the whole day trying to work the show around the water with all the extra rain and hale that continued to fall but it continues to spread as I write this.
Although all the traders are here and the show will go on in some capacity we ask everyone who is thinking of coming to think carefully. We have only 1/2 the arena as I write this available for parking although this could become worse dependant on the weather tonight.
Obviously we run the show as a charitable event but should you decide not to attend and wish to have a refund for your ticket please email help@wheelsday.net a copy of your PayPal transaction or the details you used to pay with so I can track your payment and we will refund those who request it next week.
Should you still wish to attend then please bare the weather in mind. We will try our hardest to park people sensibly who wish to attend.
There will be no club stand parking. Those that do attend will be parked as they arrive with single entry cars.
Andrew
SSR
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2018, 06:42:59 PM »

A real shame as they put in a huge amount of work with a very small team for charity. It's rained every day for a week & sounds like the burst pipe will be the final straw.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
JayJay

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2018, 11:12:40 PM »

Oh dear. I know Victory Wheelers were organising a club stand and one of them is lugging all the stuff over. I hope he gets wind of it before he does. Perhaps they'll cancel. Shame, because like you say, things like this are beyond SSR's control. I like the reminder about raising money for charity just before they mention refunds. Fair enough.

I wasn't going. I don't know if many Mankies were. Perhaps you'll post if you did.

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 07:34:40 AM »

I think they said there won't be any club stand space, just single vehicle entries. Stopped raining here, (I'm about 15 miles away), but not looking good.

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2018, 07:43:10 AM »

Why would you bother knowing the conditions weather wise for this past week ? Undecided shame though..

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 08:01:10 AM »

A few local guys are there.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2018, 09:22:48 AM »

phunkie hiboy

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2018, 01:30:14 PM »

Why would you bother knowing the conditions weather wise for this past week ? Undecided shame though..

To support the clubs that bother to put the event on, knowing the conditions, and still going ahead. The club makes nothing for itself out of this event as all the "profit" goes to charity. 

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
JayJay

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2018, 11:01:11 PM »

I think they said there won't be any club stand space, just single vehicle entries. Stopped raining here, (I'm about 15 miles away), but not looking good.

That's what I was referring to therefore no need for all the club stand paraphernalia. Fortunately he heard in time and didn't go.  Smiley

Nice to see some unwavering supporters giving it a go in your pic Andy.

I'm sure there will be loads of criticism but at least this small group are still trying to make a key addition to the car show calendar. I don't think it will ever be as it was and perhaps that's it biggest let down. With the constraints they have faced for the past few years I don't think they will ever be able to create the Wheels Day we remember so fondly and which I think many of us still want.

Winston Churchill said:

"Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm."

Let's hope SSR retain their enthusiasm.

stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2018, 06:41:35 AM »

To support the clubs that bother to put the event on, knowing the conditions, and still going ahead. The club makes nothing for itself out of this event as all the "profit" goes to charity. 
Very noble and I'm full of admiration for the guys who do the work,but I wouldn't think carrying on in these conditions would make any profits ? But hopefully a break even scenario was achieved ?
And I feel similar to JJ and do hope the guys can keep the show/event going,but with all this new regulation stuff coming along I do see a severe decline in our wonderful hobby/sport ?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2018, 02:15:10 PM »

Difficult isn't it -you want to do the right thing & support an event because it's for charity & the organisers have worked hard on it -but at the same time, you're going along to enjoy yourself. Do we feel honour bound to paddle about in the mud & freezing rain, or do we do the sensible thing, particularly if you've got a car you've spent a lot of time & effort on that'll get ruined, & stay home?
I admit I stayed in bed.
Maybe they could organise a bad weather donation scheme? Then those that want to can salve their conscience by donating the entry fee they would've paid if they went?

Baychimp

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2018, 11:09:27 PM »

Hopefully people won't ask for their pre entry fee's to be refunded. And just treat it as a donation to charity
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: