March 28, 2024, 02:38:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Olds TS125.  (Read 9221 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2020, 03:53:45 PM »

Ha ha!
I had similar symptoms with one of my old Bonnevilles years ago -ride, stop, check everything, ride again, stop again. Turned out to be chrome cleaner blocking the vent hole in the fuel cap!

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
the coppersmith

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2020, 04:22:08 PM »

Oh  Cheesy
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2020, 09:06:14 PM »

And I had a similar problem with my little 2-stroke, had it in the workshop twice and they couldn't find it, in the end it was a mate of my daughters who told me to take it out and ride it till it happened then phone him - he came straight out and checked all the electrical stuff and it was the generator failing when it got hot.  It checked out perfectly alright when cold, which was why no-one could find the fault.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Olds

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2021, 05:52:21 PM »

Old chain was somewhat knackered, which is not surprising as the bike has been used almost entirely off road, so time for a new one, plus sprockets naturally. Thought I'd try upping the front sprocket from the std. 14 T to a 16 T as it's no longer used for green lanes (we don't have many here  Cry) Bike is actually better for it as it's dropped the rpm down to 6000 at 60 mph with no noticeable change in acceleration. Makes keeping up with in traffic less frantic.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: