March 29, 2024, 06:12:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Techy Services  (Read 4068 times)
frozennorth

« on: January 08, 2017, 04:24:14 PM »

While standing in our workshops overhauling the carburettors for my fairly ratty V8 Daimler the other day, it occurred to me that our company has a range of capabilities which could be useful to members.

We can provide a full range of engineering and woodworking (if it's that old!) services, our charges are reasonable, and advice is free!

If we can help, give us a call on 01241 879403 or 07818 818262 (UK numbers), or email us at johnsengineering@btinternet.com.

Cheers,
John
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 07:33:01 PM »

Hmm, first post -an advert for your company? Not cool, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt & re-post this in the Links for Commercial Services section.
Please don't use us for free advertising.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 09:40:29 PM »

Too soft Manky - he hasn't even said where they are, whether he's the boss, etc etc.

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
spanners

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2017, 10:01:32 PM »

he,s been registered on here since 2011  Huh bit strange that its his first and only post in over 5 years

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Baychimp

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2017, 11:05:51 PM »

Arbroaths a little to far for me to travel. Not really a day trip from Hampshire  Smiley
Dslam

Wot ho chaps, its bloody Whitworth!!

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 07:01:07 AM »

I am on the Douglas motorcycle forum and strangely he was just overhauling the carburettors on his Douglas............
Draw your own conclusions. Just Sayin............................
frozennorth

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 11:49:35 AM »

Yep, I have indeed been on here forever, but really only used it as a source... until the bulb came on! And I am also on the Douglas forum and some others; largely because I own a ridiculous number of old cars, bikes, bicycles etc.

Like most folks I have more than one project on the go at any time, and the other day was a session on carburretors and brakes using our ultrasonic cleaner (very good); so perhaps your conclusions may not be entirely accurate Grin.

It's my company, and we've been on the go since 1998. We cover design, machining, fabrication, polishing and coating, restoration and repair; and we work in ferrous and non-ferrous metals, plastics, composites and timber. We can also handle small - scale casting and moulding where necessary. Many, many years of experience, backed up by formal qualifications from trades (City & Guilds of London) to Masters degrees.

And like I said, advice is free...

Cheers,
John
morrag

Carpe diem!

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 12:23:27 PM »

Sounds like a very useful addition to the site to me! that type of experience can be invaluable, and as the man says, advice is free! so....mind you, the only place further |North would be the Pole itself, I believe! Grin..Morrag

Beware the Ides of March, But!
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 02:36:04 PM »

Advice is nice, and at least we do not have to rely on pigeon post anymore ..doubtful most of us ever get up that way though ?

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 02:56:08 PM »

Manky rambles around scotland every so often - and I was up there once, the time I met Fifer when I was on my way to Shetland.  Reckon that's about it!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
frozennorth

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 04:16:34 PM »

Aye, it's a bit far up, but not really proper North - if you were talking about Inverness or Wick or somewhere like that then that's proper North... We still get a couple of hours of daylight at this time of year, these poor souls are in eternal gloom just now! - And come the summer the evenings go on and on, the roads round here are great, and there's hardly anyone on them... Smiley
Stix

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 05:49:30 PM »

Got family that live in Invergorden and was up there a couple of years ago really pretty scenery but even better was the distillery in Wick, old poultney Mmmmm smooth as it gets. Grin Grin Grin

Stix
Dslam

Wot ho chaps, its bloody Whitworth!!

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2017, 06:53:09 PM »

Yep, I have indeed been on here forever, but really only used it as a source... until the bulb came on! And I am also on the Douglas forum and some others; largely because I own a ridiculous number of old cars, bikes, bicycles etc.

Like most folks I have more than one project on the go at any time, and the other day was a session on carburretors and brakes using our ultrasonic cleaner (very good); so perhaps your conclusions may not be entirely accurate Grin.

It's my company, and we've been on the go since 1998. We cover design, machining, fabrication, polishing and coating, restoration and repair; and we work in ferrous and non-ferrous metals, plastics, composites and timber. We can also handle small - scale casting and moulding where necessary. Many, many years of experience, backed up by formal qualifications from trades (City & Guilds of London) to Masters degrees.

And like I said, advice is free...

Cheers,
John

Fair enough John. Your posts appeared on a number of forums I browse and being a bit of a sceptic drew the wrong conclusion.
Apologies.

Andy
stinkey

I can't stop building stuff ?,but I'm slowing down

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2017, 07:02:00 PM »

Not north ?..jeez now I'm down here in dorset I don't even venture north to London ? Undecided

Backyard hotrodder,learnt by mistake,still learning ?
fifer

« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2017, 07:51:40 PM »

Here is the link to Johns Engineering Ltd website ;
www.johnsengineering.co.uk/index.htm
A good range of vehicles worked on and just a few miles up the road from me in Glenrothes ..

Confucious ; He say that man who take woman up hill , him not on level
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: