March 28, 2024, 12:28:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Handy little tool set for fiddly jobs (incl self-gripping screwdriver)  (Read 1614 times)
Tony oily bike

« on: December 28, 2016, 10:19:52 PM »

Here’s a small tool set that can be nice and useful on fiddly tasks (that’s an invite for school boy jokes if ever there was!).

On James May’s BBC programme The Reassembler when he was putting together a Flying Scotman Hornby train and he talked about a “very exciting” gripping screwdriver (that changed his life) which reminded me of a set I’ve got (and no, they didn’t change my life!)

The set of self-gripping tools, designed for small fiddly components has  - a flat-blade self-gripping screwdriver, a self-gripping nut holder, a self-gripping bolt-shank holder and two self-gripping tweezers.
Each shaft is split & sprung and has a sliding collet which causes the business end to clamp onto whatever it is you’re trying to hold. They’re simple and can work really well.

Maybe worth keeping an eye on auction sites and at boot sales/jumbles?

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 02:28:05 PM »

They would indeed come in handy.
Poo -I was hoping that'd be a programme about working on the real Flying Scotsman.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 07:29:44 PM »

Watched Mr May's programme on the iPlayer app'. Fascinating TV.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: