April 30, 2024, 12:09:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: suzuki gs 550 ez running problems  (Read 4541 times)
Daddy Bear

The older i get the faster i waz

« on: June 16, 2013, 08:29:37 AM »

Huh Hello Chaps
am having a few running problems with me Bobber  when its cold runs like a dream when it run 15/20 mins it cuts out will not start again untill cold . coils are getting hot so i put some 10mm stranded earths of both coils to the battery ,made no change ,mabe the coils are not so hot ,av disconected the genny to so running a total loss system ,just wondered if any one has experianced anthing similar maney thanks DB
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 09:18:40 PM »

I know nothing about the bike but I had a bike once that did exactly the same - no-one could diagnose the problem as it was ok when cold, turned out the generator was overheating and needed replacing.

-or in that particular instance, rewinding, wonder if anyone still does that?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
WAYNE999

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 10:43:46 PM »

There are re-wind companies still kicking around we have one in Great Yarmouth (STM Rewinds) and one in my native Bradford but I can't remember the name

Oh bugger we need a bigger hammer
digger06

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2013, 03:49:34 PM »

http://www.westcountrywindings.co.uk/

been around years
Mr_G

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 07:09:56 PM »

A company that we use a lot at work.

http://www.mages-group.com/

Cheers G

"Gentlemen, pray silence for the President of the Royal Society for Putting Things on Top of Other Things."

My time machine is broken.................It was working fine tomorrow!
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2013, 08:17:58 PM »

Oops, interesting but didn't mean to hijack the thread, sorry Daddy Bear!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Daddy Bear

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2013, 08:40:27 PM »

thanks chaps & chapez have disconnected genny and charge circuit running total loss system and it still dose it just soniked me carbs and put them back together just got to try it again I will bust the problem goin try to get some better coils cuz sometimes when hot they can fail any more input is most welcome thanks again DB
zakboy

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2013, 03:22:39 PM »

may seem like a daft Q but are you running with the standard exhaust or is it modified DB

Give me the strength to except the things in life i can not change
Daddy Bear

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 08:43:29 AM »

its that bike that was on the bench when you came up it got a 4 in to 1 Alfa on it

ive not got any filters on it yet ive pulled the carbs down and sonicked the juts and re assembled goin have another go may be today DB
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: