April 25, 2024, 10:50:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Regular Bike meets.  (Read 5104 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: August 18, 2005, 11:43:24 AM »

Need an excuse for a ride out on a Summer's evening?
There seem to be an ever growing number of local get-togethers these days. Maybe we should compile a list? Well here's a few fairly close to me here in Hampshire. Feel free to add your own.

Every Tuesday evening.
Poole Harbour, Dorset.
Marshalled by volunteers & costing £1 to park for the evening, the entire quayside is closed off to normal traffic & given over to bikes & bikers. Always very busy. Food outlets open late. Pubs & bars on quayside. Very popular with the sports bike crowd but plenty of other stuff too. Designated parking area for trikes. Classics seem to congregate outside the Oyster Bar.

Every Wednesday evening.
The transport cafe in the carpark of Alton railway station, Hants.
Cafe & neighbouring Ducati dealership open till late. Good mix of sports, touring & custom machines. Nice laid back, chatty atmosphere. Great local biking roads but high accident rate so be careful!

First Wednesday of each month.
The Lord Derby pub in Odiham, Hants.
This one's really outgrown itself in recent years. Small pub on busy junction outside village. Show offs on sports bikes have led to several accidents & regular Police presence. Riders now encouraged to park up in nearby field, marshalled by MAG volunteers. Still attracts large crowds.

Every Friday evening.
The Dove pub in Micheldever, near Winchester, Hants.
Not tried this one yet but always hear good reports of it. Pub is also known as a music venue. Occasional weekend ride-outs that leave from pub carpark.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 05:29:08 PM »

Not a regular bike meet but a good place to drop in on a sunny Sunday -
Compton Abbas Airfield - there's cafe etc and last time I was there I saw loads of bikes - but mine was the only trike!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2005, 09:28:26 PM by BikerGran » Logged

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2005, 09:28:30 AM »

Every Wednesday evening.
The Red Lion pub in the middle of Avebury village, Wiltshire.
Very picturesque area, (see Places to Visit), great biking roads, nice pub serving good food.

critch

i love the smell of nitrous in the morning

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 01:00:05 PM »

every wednesday evening-

the scotch piper lydiate liverpool --- regular bike meet at one of merseysides oldest pubs

the hen and chickens maghull liverpool(opposite almax bikes)regular weekly meet mainly sports bikes but hey ho Roll Eyes
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2005, 05:58:42 PM »

Thanks for that Sir. A little far for me to travel but you never know. Always handy to have somewhere to go for a natter when you're out & about.
So when you going to write us a few words on your bike then Critchy? Or scan & send some Old Biker photos? Or do a report on a show -or your local bike meet, that'd be good. Trying to keep the site varied & interesting so the more contributors the better. Wink

critch

i love the smell of nitrous in the morning

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 02:50:27 PM »

i have a set of excellent photies right here- except im a duffer and honestly dont know how to send emails except through my hotmail account......

same with taking photies ive only got a box brownie and a gunpowder flash....
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2005, 09:01:34 PM »

I've got my own site & haven't got a clue how to run it! I have to rely on Yodie to push the buttons & pull the levers for me.
PM him for his address & post your stuff to him. He'll weave his magic on it & get it on the site for you.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: