April 28, 2024, 10:53:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: The 8th Hot Rod Hayride  (Read 15390 times)
Chevy Rick

« on: December 02, 2011, 01:29:06 PM »

Location Bisley Camp Surrey GU24 0NY

WWW.HOTRODHAYRIDE.COM

27th Til 29th 0f July 2012
Chevy Rick

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 01:04:41 PM »

STOP PRESS

Finally the Olympic Committee have decided that we cannot use Dunsfold Park for drags in case they land an aeroplane full of sporting dignitaries on top of you. Personally we thought it might add to the fun but we were told 'NO!' and asked to stop ringing Dunsfold or we'd  be prosecuted for stalking  an airfield!

So the super brains trust of the Hayride ( well, in reality Jerry, Anna and the Detonators Car Club ) decided over a pie and chippy dinner, that they would give us an exciting New Hill Climb at a beautiful private forest track just ten minutes round the corner from the Hayride Site at Bisley !!!
renegade53

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 01:39:45 PM »

had me letter about it today, i wouldn't mind having a go at that. me estate is a 66 but i don't have a crash helmet

Tony oily bike

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 05:53:49 PM »

STOP PRESS

Finally the Olympic Committee have decided that we cannot use Dunsfold Park for drags in case they land an aeroplane full of sporting dignitaries on top of you. Personally we thought it might add to the fun but we were told 'NO!' and asked to stop ringing Dunsfold or we'd  be prosecuted for stalking  an airfield!

So the super brains trust of the Hayride ( well, in reality Jerry, Anna and the Detonators Car Club ) decided over a pie and chippy dinner, that they would give us an exciting New Hill Climb at a beautiful private forest track just ten minutes round the corner from the Hayride Site at Bisley !!!

Odiham's twin lane sprint/RWYB was pulled due to 'pics too.   Angry

Beautiful private forest track Hillclimb only 10 mins away?Huh.......... trying to think where that could be.
Theres a small test track where golf carts used to be tested, maybe there?

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
phunkie hiboy

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 06:17:21 PM »

Beautiful private forest track Hillclimb only 10 mins away?Huh.......... trying to think where that could be.

Longcross?

Built without compromise, by the more luck than judgment method.
Tony oily bike

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 06:34:13 PM »

Longcross?

Hadn't thought of that, guess it could be.

The place I'm thinking of is near Mytchett / Keogh barracks.

Be interesting to find out.

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
panthershaun

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 09:32:11 PM »

I'm going and taking something to thrash up the hill.. not sure yet what it will be..... Fester you can borrow my lid if you want?? or I have a nice old German dispatch riders helmet you can borrow for the weekend...

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
renegade53

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 01:04:20 PM »

i know there is a sharp bend at the top of the hill at the track at longcross. there's also a bendy track by the golf course there.  they also do track days there
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 01:05:57 PM by renegade53 » Logged

renegade53

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2012, 01:44:46 PM »

if it is at longcross i could go home for dinner as its about midway between where i live and bisley

JayJay

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2012, 10:34:33 PM »

Well folks, the Hayride is nearly upon us. Just one more day to go. Weather is looking hopeful so just keeping my fingers crossed that any rain we get, will be short and sweet.

I am looking forward to seeing some Mankies there. Quite a few Victory Wheelers will be there too.

I will try and take some photos but I am sure Renegade will have that pretty much covered.  Cool
JJ  Smiley

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
renegade53

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2012, 06:48:26 AM »

:-)

JayJay

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 10:22:42 PM »

Well I am here. Already seen Renegade, he was taking pictures as people arrived. No surprise there! Later Dave, Panthershaun and Shaun had met up and were out and about taking loads of photos.

Very hot here and when I arrived, my room had the central heating on. It must have been for that cold snap we had earlier this week . Cheesy

Some fantastic vehicles and a great atmosphere as usual.  Got my mobility scooter with me so I have been able to whizz everywhere. Getting to see a lot more than usual which is great.

Just listening to a brill band. Great foot stompin' stuff.

Bye for now, JJ  Smiley

Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
JayJay

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 04:45:34 PM »

At the hill climb. Good selection of cars and bikes have entered.
Renegade and I are standing (well I am sitting on my scooter which now has a puncture!) in a 0precarious spot on the climb. There have been some close shaves which saw some spectators having to make a quick run to the portaloo to clean up. Dave captured a runaway morris brilliantly. You can here the screams on the video.

Two Mankies are taking part on bikes. Panthershaun on his Panther and Calvin on his Harley flat tracker.

As for me, I have got to be brought back up the track by the flatbed truck on hand for the hot rods!

Below a few photos. Not good quality but you get the picture.

JJ  Smiley

Chevy Rick

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 05:54:04 PM »

Can't see photo's they must be very poor quality, are they still in your handbag?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh
 Grin Grin Grin Kiss Kiss Kiss
terry t

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 06:31:29 PM »

Can't see photo's they must be very poor quality, are they still in your handbag?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh
 Grin Grin Grin Kiss Kiss Kiss
i couldn't see any as well Rick. don't know about the hand bag  Roll Eyes. they could be all blurred when the tyre went down on the scooter. JJ wasn't trying it out on the hill climb  Wink any way at least the weather is looking good for you all
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 06:34:38 PM by terry t » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: