May 17, 2024, 09:38:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 791
  Print  
Author Topic: Manky's Pop.  (Read 1564991 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8610 on: March 06, 2016, 11:20:02 AM »

At the lock-up garage I built a couple of my trikes in. I bought the Pop cos it was cheap & I'd always wanted one, but only had a tiny generator at the garage & no real idea of what I was going to do with the shell, so it sat there for a few months while I thought about it.
A mate said he knew a bloke with a workshop who said I could rent a corner to build it in for a couple of months. That was 7 or 8 years ago & I'm still there. The Pop became a kinda joint project between Loon & myself.
It wasn't as pretty as it looks in the photo -but then, neither was I.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 11:29:06 AM by Manky Monkey » Logged

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8611 on: March 06, 2016, 11:26:05 AM »

First road trip.
Wheelsday, Rushmoor Arena, Hampshire, 2013.
Only 20 or 30 miles from home, but a big milestone cos it was our first drive on public roads in a completely road legal vehicle we'd built ourselves -with a lot of help from a lot of friends.
Mr Lunatic at the wheel in this shot.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8612 on: March 06, 2016, 11:42:09 AM »

On the road for 1 year, before I pulled it apart to try & finish some of the half done jobs. I covered 4 1/2 thousand miles in that time, not just doing rod shows, but a lot of country fairs & steam rallies cos I'm partial to all that stuff, several vintage hill climbs, trips around London, down to the coast & even a trip to Holland & back. A lot of fun to drive & I'd much rather be doing that than sitting next to it at a static show.
2 years later & it feels like I'm getting nowhere, but when I look at these photos, it's actually changed a lot. Still not finished, but almost at the point of being back on the road, with a fresh engine, new fuel tanks, (they both leaked), new interior with loads of sound/heat proofing which should make it a lot more pleasant on long runs, lots of body work & even a little paint.
Really looking forward to getting out in it again & putting some serious mileage on it this Summer.

the coppersmith

« Reply #8613 on: March 06, 2016, 12:35:59 PM »

Great to keep a bit of history, and the old "skool" road picture is very good. Your old V8 will soon be looking for a project like this  Wink
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8614 on: March 06, 2016, 08:02:58 PM »

Nice to know it'll live on somewhere else.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8615 on: March 06, 2016, 10:09:32 PM »

Loon draped seductively across the pick-up bed at Wheelsday.
I've spent the last week just working on that tailgate!

Tony oily bike

« Reply #8616 on: March 07, 2016, 04:34:17 PM »

Loon draped seductively across the pick-up bed at Wheelsday.
I've spent the last week just working on that tailgate!

Didn't think it was that kind of show.................  Grin

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8617 on: March 07, 2016, 07:23:22 PM »

Yeah, you'd be surprised what you can pick up there ...or maybe you wouldn't.  Tongue

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8618 on: March 14, 2016, 08:00:58 PM »

Sprayed the tailgate in etch primer this afternoon. Nowhere in Loon's workshop to do it & it was a nice day so I painted it outside. The minute I did, a dirty great tractor came thundering through the yard, spraying it in dust & grit. Now it feels like sandpaper. Bugger. At least it's coated but will need rubbing down yet again before top coating.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 08:11:28 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8619 on: March 14, 2016, 08:09:58 PM »

Still rubbing down & filling various areas of the cab. Trying to get as much stuff ready for "greening" as I can so that hopefully I can persuade Loon to do it all in one hit in the next few weeks before we have to start packing up the workshop ready to move.

Olds

« Reply #8620 on: March 14, 2016, 08:20:04 PM »

spraying it in dust & grit. Now it feels like sandpaper.
I heard that pebbledash is making a comeback.

Getting older but no wiser! Just using bigger hammers.
The answer to most problems, fire and lots of it.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8621 on: March 14, 2016, 10:17:46 PM »

Cheesy I used to be a plasterer's mate, (labourer on building sites). We pebble dashed a few cottages in Hampshire. A dying art now.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8622 on: March 24, 2016, 09:27:58 PM »

I could carry on posting the same couple of photos each week cos it doesn't look any different. I've been working on the roof & it's very nearly as good as it's gonna get now, but got rained off yet again this afternoon before I'd had a chance to spray it in zinc primer. So when I get back to it on Saturday I'll have to scrub the surface rust off again before I carry on.
First hotrod show of the season tomorrow, so I really need to get this driveable again soon.

No Sound

« Reply #8623 on: March 25, 2016, 12:08:49 AM »

Well it looks good in the pictures (car)  Smiley Good to see it for real. Andy
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #8624 on: March 26, 2016, 09:58:14 AM »

Cheesy Definitely a "10 foot car" at the moment, (looks fine from that distance).
The underside was all bare metal while we were driving it in 2013, including several Winter trips on salted roads. It's been stood in the open for 2 years since then. The body will come off next Winter for a final respray & blasting/enamelling the chassis. For now I'm just scrubbing as much as I can underneath & brush painting it all black. Not pretty so don't look too close!
Got back from the rod show yesterday, inspited to crack on. Had an hour or so of daylight left, so I nipped to the workshop, scrubbed yesterday's surface rust off & used up a can of zinc primer on the bare metal bits.
I keep thinking I've used gallons of filler on this, but most of it's ended up as dust on the ground as I sand it back off. Still a couple of small areas to finish on the roof & the bottom corners of the cab need more work, but coming along. Not too bad considering it's made from parts from 4 different manufacuturers, from 4 different decades Smiley
Same views, different colour.

Pages: 1 ... 573 574 [575] 576 577 ... 791
  Print  

Jump to: