May 21, 2024, 10:28:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: ROMSEY'S BOXING DAY BASH NEARS. WHAT YA BRINGING??  (Read 18359 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2011, 12:39:26 AM »

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2011, 12:41:15 AM »

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2011, 12:44:01 AM »

Don't you just love Great British eccentrics. No idea what this was, but eaves-dropping on the owner's conversation, it seems he built a lot of it himself.

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2011, 12:44:45 AM »

A waxed moustache & a big hat. Marvelous.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 10:13:14 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Tony oily bike

« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2011, 10:25:34 AM »

No idea what this was, but sounded great & looked interesting.

Think you'll find its a circa 1955 Kurtis 500 S / Kurtis Kraft 500 S from the good ol' US of A............ seem to remember seeing one racing at the Goodwood Revival not long ago. Cool eh?  Wink

Frank Kurtis designed and built midget cars, quarter-midgets, sports cars, sprint cars, Indy cars, and Formula One cars, so to say this car has pedigree may be a bit of an understatement.............

http://www.supercars.net/cars/2511.html
http://www.americansportscars.com/kurtis.html
http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z11797/Kurtis-Kraft-500S.aspx
« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 11:24:11 AM by Tony oily bike » Logged

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
renegade53

« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2011, 12:21:34 PM »

maybe next year i might pop along

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2011, 12:31:18 PM »

That's the thing- there's so many vehicles coming & going that you could walk right past something truly outstanding & almost not notice it.
Fortunately. through the magic of photografficiness & the interweb, we can study them at our leisure later.
Dave, if you haven't done this meet, you really ought to next year.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2011, 09:40:18 PM »

Sorry I missed it - next year I'll get Mike to take me out for Christmas dinner then I won't be sotired next day!

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
spanners

« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2011, 09:52:08 PM »

that JACK DANIELS pick up would just do for me ,,

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #54 on: December 27, 2011, 10:23:14 PM »

Nice in't it.  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 09:32:37 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

JayJay

« Reply #55 on: December 27, 2011, 11:49:18 PM »

that JACK DANIELS pick up would just do for me ,,

That belongs to a Victory Wheelers' member. It is sweet.

Thanks Steve (mrbthebarber) for a brilliant event. It is the third year I have attended and the turn out this year was fantastic. Loads of people I spoke to (including those who didn't have a car themselves but turned up to see the ones on show) said how good it was and it was nice to see such variation. Loads said how friendly everyone was.

I am sorry you had some hassle before and during the event but even though it is upsetting,  please remember they are totally outnumbered by those folk who really enjoyed themselves. Congratulations on raising a decent sum yet again for prostate cancer and I am sure the charity appreciates the work you put into organising this event. I am sure it is only a tiny minority who think such an enjoyable and well marshalled event happens all by itself.

Well done to you and your team and don't even consider not having one next year, otherwise I will have to eat all my Christmas cake myself!

Happy New Year, JayJay  Smiley

The secret of eternal youth is arrested development - Alice Roosevelt Longworth
If there is love, smallpox scars are as pretty as dimples - Japanese proverb
Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired - Jules Renard
mrbthebarber

« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2011, 02:49:09 PM »

Thank you JayJay and everyone on here for the kind words regards the event and those aimed at myself also. After having 2 or 3 years of coming away from it unhappy due to the aggro and abuse, I think this year the message finally got across in the main and a good time was had by all. Anyone that has read my summary on the website
                                                      ( http://www.romsey-classiccarandbikemeet.co.uk/#/2011-show-summary/4558876184 )
will know that it was an emotional start to the day for me and a tough day but you guys who came up to me on the day and those since via email, through our comments page on the site or on great forums like this have both really made me smile and at times brought a tear to my eye, such has been the kindness shown, THANK YOU. My faith in human nature AND the event has been restored, I am still buzzing from it, I still cannot believe we had 6 -700 cars head to Romsey that day and I think I saw less of my show this year than I ever have due to running around trying to MAKE spaces for cars!! My sincere apologies to anyone ( in an eligible car ) that we had to turn away but I think you most probably understood & I do hope you parked elsewhere and still came along and joined in the fun.
After viewing this thread, I can see why everyone was so excited about this year's meet, Jeez we had some variety there didn't we!  :-)   :-)   :-)   I saw so little of it and viewing these pics has been just great. I am looking for good cars / bikes & people shots to put on the website and possibly send out to magazines for inclusion. There's certainly a lot here I'd like to use, so if you want to share them with me please send asap to mrbthebarber@yahoo.co.uk  and I will most certainly put some up on the website with a name check. THANKS everyone for being so nice. Steve B.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #57 on: December 28, 2011, 04:26:31 PM »

Hi Steve,
I've got about 300 snapshots that you're welcome to use, but my CD burner's buggered. I can email them to you a few at a time or can find someone to burn them onto a disc for you in the next couple of days.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 04:41:05 PM by Manky Monkey » Logged

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2011, 09:35:25 PM »

A couple more, as requested.  Smiley

Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2011, 09:36:38 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: