May 01, 2024, 03:34:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: ROMSEY'S BOXING DAY BASH NEARS. WHAT YA BRINGING??  (Read 18172 times)
mrbthebarber

« on: December 22, 2011, 04:51:32 PM »

Well the big day is nearly here guys! What pre 1976 classic delights or yank / hot rod / custom gems are you bringing along?

http://www.romsey-classiccarandbikemeet.co.uk
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 06:42:19 PM »

Hiya.
I'd love to say Taz's Charger & my Pop, but it'd be a big fat fib. Next year, promise -although I think I said that last year too.
We'll definitely be there but just spectating in the daily.

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
mrbthebarber

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 06:47:03 PM »

Smiley  I am looking forward to next year already!! Hope you enjoy it & thanks as always for your support of the event guys.
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 06:56:26 PM »

Might get there as a spectator too, if there's some parking not too far away?

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2011, 07:13:38 PM »

The Romsey classic meet's spread across several public carparks in Romsey town centre Bobbi. So it's usually a matter of grabbing a spare space, while leaving room for the show vehicles. Being a Bank Holiday, the carparks are free, though Mr B will be shaking a donation bucket at you.  Smiley
Taz & I plan to get there mid morning & leave by around 1pm, (got a family get-together to go to).
It's a lovely friendly meet with all sorts of classic & custom bikes, cars & trucks turning up.
Come along & blow the post Christmas cobwebs away.

mrbthebarber

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 08:15:33 PM »

Hi BikerGran, if you head for ALMA ROAD on the A3057 and park in the council / Waitrose car park. Walk towards Waitrose front doors, then thru the parade of shops beyond those front doors, turn left into LATIMER Street. When ROMSEY HARDWARE is on your left cross the road and up alley way between Nationwide & Ladbrokes and you will be there, a total of about 300 yds. Parking is in great demand on the day as there is NO public parking in the 3 show car parks so I would recommend an earlyish arrival. Hope that helps.
spanners

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 08:25:00 PM »

Hi BikerGran, if you head for ALMA ROAD on the A3057 and park in the council / Waitrose car park. Walk towards Waitrose front doors, then thru the parade of shops beyond those front doors, turn left into LATIMER Street. When ROMSEY HARDWARE is on your left cross the road and up alley way between Nationwide & Ladbrokes and you will be there, a total of about 300 yds. Parking is in great demand on the day as there is NO public parking in the 3 show car parks so I would recommend an earlyish arrival. Hope that helps.

i,m lost ,,,,, Grin

LIVE FAST  and  DIE YOUNG,,  past 50 AND STILL HERE  NOW. WAITING. FOR. THE. GRIM. REAPER
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2011, 09:22:10 PM »

Cheers Mr B!  Depends on the weather tho...

You don't stop havin fun because you get old - you get old if you stop havin fun!
hunter

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 10:44:38 PM »

I just put that lot into my satnav and it blew up Cheesy Grin

I
BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 12:32:16 AM »

I keep telling people maps are best......

Clive

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 11:15:33 AM »

What she said^      Grin Grin Grin

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
mrbthebarber

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2011, 05:07:06 PM »

Anyone know an M Stevens? If so thank him for ruining my day with his following post on my website ( please do feel free to add your comments regards his post on the website folks :-

M Stevens 2011.12.24 13:51
Sadly I dissagree your no  80s or 90s ruling as some stuff from then is getting rare now and if we are going to attract young enthusiast to our hobby then you should cater for them. But its your party... soooo  Wickham it is ! ( for the record I own vehicles from the 50s 60s and 90s) and wonder would you turn away a Ford RS200 from the 80,s away ?

My Reply:-

Mr Stevens, if you had bothered to read the website and the fact that Romsey is a small town not a city, you will have read that we have limited space for approximately 4 - 500 cars and that I have already increased the classification year from 1973 - 1976 but space restricts us from doing so any further. I do feel 1893 - 1976 is quite a spread of vehicle years and that that 83 years probably holds a lot more interesting vehicles than the short time period you are splitting hairs over.
Enjoy Wickham, and if you do not enjoy that, can I suggest you start your own free admission to all show for post 1976 cars, spend hours working on it from May onwards each year, throw your own money at it for ten years ..................... only to have someone with say a 58 Buick get arssy with YOU on Christmas Eve by not liking YOUR "party" criteria.
Tony oily bike

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2011, 05:31:04 PM »

Brooklands has a gathering on New Years day, they're age criteria, pre 1973.... - so you're in good company!

All the folks who'll be there on the day will show you how worthwhile it is  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

There's nowt as light as a hole, so add lightness.

Our lady of blessed acceleration, don't fail me now! - Elwood Blues

Nitro doesn't add power, it multiplies it! Bob Loux, running 10.07 secs @138mph on a 650 normally aspirated Triumph drag bike in 1965!

"Incontinence Hotline" - please hold.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2011, 05:39:00 PM »

Don't let him get to you mate.
We love your show. There's always a great atmosphere -very friendly, laid back & enjoyable. More importantly, you're raising a lot of money for good causes. It's something to be very proud of. Every show has it's own unique "flavour" & it's great to see so many vintage machines being used & enjoyed as they should be. Owners & spectators alike smile, so you must be doing something right.
I know we're not quite in the same league here, but we know just how much hard work goes in behind the scenes to organise anything that involves motivating people to get off their bums & take part. There'll always be idiots out there with nothing better to do than criticise the efforts of others, while doing bugger all themselves.
As a humble punter I can honestly say I genuinely look forward to the Romsey Boxing Day meet. It's become part of my Christmas celebrations.
Keep doing what you're doing & don't change a thing!
Taz & I will come & find you & give you a hug! -well, Taz probably will anyway.
Have a great -& stress free Christmas.

BikerGran

Gran Turismo

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2011, 09:33:42 PM »

There's always one!  Hope you deleted it cos it wasn't worth leaving there.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: