April 19, 2024, 10:11:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stainless Steel Caliper mounting brackets for Reliant brake conversions for sale  (Read 6523 times)
haggis

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2009, 05:02:53 AM »

New batch here.

Paypal address is haggis@haggis-built.co.uk
tbone

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 09:06:47 PM »

£10, currently, on ebay,(no favours for forum members then),  no mention of this ere web site....... de ja bloody vu

I wrote a rude word here, i now replace it with this fluffier version instead. Articles are posted freely on this site for the benifit of the forum members to help with their build, unfortunatly you cant stop these same postings being used by some people for their own financial gain which goes against the spirit they were intended for.
The very least anyone can do when being `inspired or influenced` (putting it politely) by anything seen within these pages, is ACKNOWLEDGE THIS SITE and/or Mr Manky Monkey.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 09:29:44 PM by tbone » Logged

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
bitzman5

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 11:23:27 PM »

WELL SAID TBONE a little bit of thank you cost nothing

May your gardian angel fly faster than you can ride
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2009, 11:41:42 PM »

Been here several times now.
As you say, the information's posted here for everyone to take away & use. We don't charge for it, it's just to help our fellow builders out -to save them some time & trouble & maybe help them build a safer machine. If anyone manages to make a profit from that info, then good luck to 'em. To be honest, I can't be bothered with the hassle of trying to sell the parts. Several forum members have had a go at making those brake plates for profit now & several more have approached me, asking if I'd mind if they did.
I don't. All I ask is that the website gets a credit for the design, that's all. Same goes for anything else we might come up with & post here. It's a public forum & we can't stop people copying things. Make as many plates as you like, just don't pass them off as all your own work, that's all.
Oh, & as TB says, maybe a discount for forum members wouldn't go amiss.  Wink
Back to happy, fluffy thoughts please chaps.  Kiss

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
Stephen Mac

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 12:59:47 AM »

we are all here to help each other so some recognition for mr manky monkey and site wouldnt be amiss as would discount for mmm members and lets keep the site happy  Smiley
haggis

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 05:16:59 PM »

Now then guys, no need to fight on here or any forum for that matter.
Regarding these plates. Yes I did get the design from here although I did alter it slightly. However I did do quite a lot of measuring and checking out before any were made.
 Even though I work for the company with the cnc plasma machine I still have to pay for the materials and setting up time. So with this in mind I got more made as the cost for setting up time was about the same. I dont make that much on them by the time my time and materials are taken into account.
I have sold quite a few of them now and everyone who has made contact with me regarding them has been given this website address and been recomended to come and share the owners hard work.
I list these on ebay with a buy it now price of £35 which is more than what they are advertised for on here but the buy it now price goes once a bid is made.
With regard to mentioning this site on ebay, you are not allowed to mention any site on there unless it is to do with ebay or you pay a substantial amount of dosh to them.
I dont take credit for these as my own design at all and never would have done.
To be honest even if I had not even been on here and seen the plates I would have come up with the idea myself as I did with the Stainless steel axle tubes I also make and all the other mods and improvements I come up with as I play in my garage. Which I dont mind sharing with others.

If I have trodden on anyones toes, for that I am truely sorry.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 08:56:08 PM »

Not a problem at all Mr H. You've been openly selling them here for some time with no problems. As you said, plenty of people have been happy to buy them & you're entitled to cover your costs etc.
Fluffy, fluffy, fluffy.  Kiss

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
haggis

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2009, 03:50:13 AM »

Thanks for that Mr Manky Monkey.

See new post!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: