April 18, 2024, 10:16:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Manky Monkey Motors Merchandise now available Cool Items at cool prices http://www.mankymonkeymotors.co.uk/merchandise.html

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My green Triumph Speed Triple.  (Read 3161 times)
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« on: July 27, 2009, 06:28:32 PM »

This is my second Triple. Both exactly the same model, year & colour. Absolutely loved the first one & deeply regretted selling it. So when my local bike shop put one on display on their forcourt I jumped at it. Don't know why, but I just haven't gelled with it though. Owned it since November I think & ridden it less than half a dozen times. I just haven't got the time to ride it & always seem to need to cart stuff about from place to place, so tend to use the car instead. Maybe I'm just getting older & moving away from the sports bike scene.
Just been out to change a headlight bulb on it & dropped the lens unit, smashing the glass. Then I slashed my thumb open on the broken shards.
That's it. It's time to move it on. I'll replace the lens, (standard Bates 5 1/2" Halogen units), then it's up for 2 1/2 grand. No offers unless they're for 2, 499.99. Taxed, MOT'd & ready to go. Comes with Scorpion exhaust can, plus original factory one. Also matching green handlebar fairing. It's a 2000 model with 17,000 on the clock. Rides great, look fabulous.
G'wan, g'wan. You know you want it.  Grin

On the last freedom moped out of Nowhere City.
voodoo

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 07:52:20 PM »

Ive had a couple of Sprint 900's and loved them to bits...wish I had cash to spare,but normal story not enough cash and too many projects...good luck with sale mate..Voodoo...

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 08:09:48 PM »

Just sorted a replacement headlight glass with Dracken, so should be fixed in a few days.
If we sell it in time, this'll pay a large part of our planned road trip to the States in October, (yes, I realise we can't drive all the way -there'll probably be a plane journey involved somewhere along the line). 

tazet
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 08:21:59 PM »

Just advertised it on the MMA, (Mopar Muscle Association), as I know some do ride bikes on there.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 08:26:27 PM by tazet » Logged
voodoo

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 10:14:57 PM »

Hope you have a great holiday u2...Me and the missus have been planning to go on holiday,we have got 2k stashed away to pay for it but just cant decide where to go lol....decided to go about 5 or 6 months back,we have considered Dominican republic or similar but to be honest cant be arsed atm what with the move lol...Voodoo....

Custom Paint Spraying...
English by Birth..Biker by choice....
Growing old is inevitable...Growing up is optional....
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 10:23:01 PM »

Cuba would be cool.

tbone

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 08:53:37 AM »

Shame your selling her, but i know what you mean.  Sad

NO I WON`T. aye ok then, i will
panthershaun

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 05:07:39 PM »

Cuba would be cool.

Cuba IS cool  Cool Cool Cool Cool

you ain't it, till you've "Bobbed" a Brit!!!
tazet
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 09:57:09 AM »

Will be going live on fleabay at 9 tonight. Done the add just got to wait for the boss's approval first then we'll bring the time forward.
Manky Monkey
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2009, 04:57:41 PM »

Well after a month as a classified ad on Ebay I've had a few enquiries but no takers. The MOT & tax expired so I've just put a fresh MOT on it this afternoon & will renew the tax online this evening.
Sensible offers around 2,500 quid & it's yours.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: